• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Funny, I consider you a horrible little scrotum.

Manchester United aren't the best team ever you idiot. Far from it. I support them and I know we aren't up to par.

Apart from the scrotum and idiot parts, agreed.

United don't really rely on Rooney, They need Valencia!

Our team doesn't rely on anyone anymore, we're missing Valencia because we don't have a good replacement for him. (I bet Obertan would do the trick if he were given the chance)

Chelsea are top of my favourites, I think Man city have a 24/1 chance.

Man city won't win this year. I don't think Chelsea are stoppable unless a team steps forward with a hefty January transfer budget.

PSV 10-0 Feyenoord
Oh. My. God. How the heck is this possible? O.O
I saw that too, insane.

Middlesbrough are in the relegation zone of the championship and they're attracting their lowest attendaces for years, it isn't looking good, especially since the club is rumoured to have a few debts to pay as well.

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
I was at the celtic game, in the away site of course, supporting rangers. Felt so bad when hooper scored, but when Lafferty scored the whole place just erupted, and when miller scored that strike, i think i was 10 rows infront of were my seat was. Celtic can moan about it not being a penalty for the third, but still, WE beat them, not the ref, let's all laugh at Lennon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Is it just me or have the Carling Cup matches tonight all been dull.Only Ipswich against Northampton and Leicester against West Brom have been decent matches.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Is it just me or have the Carling Cup matches tonight all been dull.Only Ipswich against Northampton and Leicester against West Brom have been decent matches.

You were expecting anything other?

There aren't that many smaller teams in it anymore, and they're the only ones who take the competition seriously. Man United will win it again.

Edit; Or will they? Wolves have equalised again ♥

And also O: @ Brentford, would be an amazing win for them against Birmingham.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
In the Spanish Cup, Real Madrid managed not to lose against their 3rd league rivals for once. Instead, they tied 0-0. That's an improvement after their constant defeats during the last decade.

Barça is winning 0-2 by now. It should be easy.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Meh, no real shocks tonight. Only Brentford holding Brum to a draw at St Andrews is the only point of interest.

Could well be pens again.

Years
I am liking how Hernandez has really settled into the club and has scored 3 goals in quick succession.

Just what United need to take the focus off the idiot, Rooney.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I am liking how Hernandez has really settled into the club and has scored 3 goals in quick succession.

Just what United need to take the focus off the idiot, Rooney.

Were you at OT tonight? What did you make of Bebe?

Gutted for Brentford, kind of hoped they'd squeeze past Birmingham on pens but no such luck. No shame in how they went out though.

Years

Were you at OT tonight? What did you make of Bebe?

Gutted for Brentford, kind of hoped they'd squeeze past Birmingham on pens but no such luck. No shame in how they went out though.

I wasn't there no; I am in Bristol currently, so a little tougher to get back to games, but I do make it every so often.

Bebe, I haven't seen that much of him really, but glad he scored. Would like to see more.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Ah right, fair play. The last game I was at was Sunderland against United, with the Stadium of Light being the closest ground to where I live. I'd love to get to more matches tbh but I don't really "support" any team as such, I do follow a few however and like to keep an eye out for their results.

Bebe got half an hour or so in the game against Sunderland funnily enough, but tbh he didn't look particularly good. Although it was his first appearance so it was probably a little harsh to judge, I still think Sir Alex has taken a gamble. Who knows though, he got his first goal for United tonight so it may still pay off yet.

Years
Hernandez is brilliant, He should start.

I wouldn't say he is brilliant, just on form.
He is very inexperienced and I don't think we should be already thinking about putting him in the starting 11. He should be in the first team, just not starting all the time. Next season, if he keeps up like this, he is a starter for sure.

Years
People are already getting too excited about Hernandez.

Fabio, Macheda is still only 19 and he has scored three important goals in a limited number of appearances. I'm still undecided on him at the moment after that promising start.

As for Gibson, I've been saying he was good since the start of last season. He is a great player. He shoots from long range a bit too often though.

I really want SAF to sign Bale for some reason now. balebalebalebalebalebalebalebalebalebale. Hopefully some random kid turns up to a match with a 'Buy Bale' sign or maybe I'll just do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back