• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Once again, awesome update Parka!
Tiles are beautifly selected!
And selection of your game...?
I love and hate that aspect of game :D
I love it because it gives you the possibility of choosing your own path but I hate it because you can't enjoy all possibilities :D

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
New video time; showing off new traps. :) These ones inflict status! All thanks go to colcolstyles; who wrote the ASM routine that made these traps possible. ^^

You can also get a few brief glimpses of the first real dungeon; though I didn't try to activate anything relating to its puzzle (you'll just have to wait till beta time for that :) .

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
And selection of your game...?
I love and hate that aspect of game :D
I love it because it gives you the possibility of choosing your own path but I hate it because you can't enjoy all possibilities :D

You'll have to play it again and again and again then. :) (or peek into the script... but that's just lame :P)

I finished my picture (here, have a present - you deserve it):

pircafinal.png

The difference being I actually drew all of it this time. ^^ Well, in biro and it was quite small so it's a bit on the rough edge side. But still Pirca looking rather beaten up and staring into the sky.

Hope you all like! :mudkip^_^:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Congratulations on winning the April HotM! giradialkia will post here with your award when he's done with it. In the meantime, your thread will be stickied for the month.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
pichucelebrateweb.png

Awesome!

It's about damn time that this game got the recognition it deserves. :D

Massive congratulations PPG ^^ You've earned it!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Congratulations on winning HotM. I love the traps you've implemented (nice ASM, Colcolstyles), but I think it would be a lot cooler if a different message was given depending on the status inflicted. :3

Keep up the epic work. :3

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Congrats on winning HOTM but I be fair to other hacks when I vote next time :)

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
To all who left congratulations, who voted for me, and even those who didn't vote for me (everyone needs competition - that was one tight contest!) ; I want to extend a hearty THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart :) Your continued comments - the praise and the constructive criticism alike - and your general support are what keep me going on Super Rising Thunder. When I first started this project, I could never have imagined it would grow so large; and never even dreamed it could get HotM without a beta!

I'm almost finished with the new dungeon - mapping one small area is all that's left on the agenda - and from there I can then move on to the next dungeon; which will put me right about where I was in terms of the game's progress before I scrapped the original concept (Things moved along a lot faster back then, didn't they? XD ). I don't have much to show for now, but here's what I've got:

Image105.png

Holey moley, it's a mole hole!

We've seen this screenshot before. So why post it again? Well...

Image106.png

*hums the Zelda puzzle-solved jingle*

I've since finished up all the scripting, so that this puzzle is actually solvable now. :) This particular one requires four distinct steps.

colcolstyles has also kindly provided more ASM, this one for a damage-dealing routine.

Image108.png
Image109.png
Image110.png
Image111.png

This trap doesn't have a tile yet - it was put here only for beta-testing purposes, since I don't want to use a trap this brutal in an early dungeon ^^' It can also be set to deliver varying amounts of damage; though, like the PP trap seen earlier; it always targets the Team Leader.

That may be all for now, but stuff to look forward to in the next updates are red and gold trees (a nice break from all the green =D ), your first temporary Team Member, and wild tales of slaves and ruins. :) It all starts to add up to the deeper mystery of what this world had once been like; and what it ultimately means to you in the near future...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hm... I think I might know the solution to removing the truck movement and sound at the beginning of the ROM hack. I think the ASM for the truck movement is actually part of the Introduction ASM routine. So if only if I knew where the ASM for the Pokémon Ruby introduction is... then I might be able to remove the many ASM codes before the ASM code that starts the actual moving around the map. So that way the truck movement in the ROM hack could be removed.e.

Dude, you're making things harder than it is supposed to be.
There is a tool in the toolbox - called the "Truck Remover".
With a few clicks, it is possible to completely
delete the truck movement script.

Oh, and Pink, nice ASM scripts you've got there!
Now, your hack looks more and more like a real dungeon in MD games!

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
To try and stop all this spamming/trolling/minimodding:

The mods are not "biased" towards me; asking for betas is against the forum rules. They are just doing their job; and certainly aren't "out to get you." And while I appreciate the fact that people are speaking up for me; it's not our place to chastise the spammers - if a post is uncalled for, just report it and it will be taken care of in time. :)

Technically, this game has only been in production in its current form since July 2010; when I went right back to the very beginning, starting with the title screen, and remade EVERYTHING. Added many more scripts, remade the maps, added a great deal more dialogue, changed the plot, added in the dungeon concept and the World Map, tweaked the graphics and HUD...I've put in a lot of work, and still have much more to do before I feel ready releasing a beta to the public. ^^' I've mentioned before that I don't want to release a beta when there isn't a good amount of gameplay and story to really let you guys experience the world I've been trying to create - one dungeon is hardly a "good amount of gameplay," and I'd just feel like I would be spitting in all your faces to present you with such a tiny, dried up old bone when I could give you a steak later on - and I think you all deserve steak. ^__^

ROM Hacking is not my only hobby - I read, I have a fanfic to work on; and I'm also an avid RPer. I also have a life that can keep me more occupied than I'd like at times; and unexpected events like my laptop's death and its expensive repair can also throw me for a loop. I just can't work on SRT every minute of the day, and while I try to make the best process that I can; I'll be the first to admit that I work slowly. ^^' The continued patience so many of you have displayed is a blessing, and to all who have stuck with me for so long, I thank you. :)

@Sarcastic Prince - I need to go find that tool NOW. =D And thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback! It really is looking more and more like PMD, isn't it? ^^ Though of course, I couldn't have done it without colcolstyles. :)

Last edited:

micman999

Aspiring Mad Scientist
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
By the way Parka, hack looks excellent. Sorry for any trouble... =/

And it's a little late, but congrats! =)

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
Years

Um... That is a typo, right? Wouldn't it say "Injuring Him/Her!"? Or, does it damage the entire team? Because then it would say "Sharp thorns tore through the party's flesh..."
Sorry if I'm a bit nit-picky. :/

Also, how would you stop the player from putting Pichu in a PC box/whatever they are now?

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Um... That is a typo, right? Wouldn't it say "Injuring Him/Her!"? Or, does it damage the entire team? Because then it would say "Sharp thorns tore through the party's flesh..."
Sorry if I'm a bit nit-picky. :/

Also, how would you stop the player from putting Pichu in a PC box/whatever they are now?

Thanks for the feedback! :) It isn't a typo - it has to be "them" because there isn't an ASM-free way, to the best of my knowledge, to check a pokemon's gender and then display a value accordingly. ^^' I didn't want to use "it," and "him/her" would be over-complicating things, so "them" it is.

As for keeping the player from putting the Hero "on reserve" (what the PC was replaced with), there isn't a way to stop that. ^^' As I've explained in other areas of the thread, "on reserve" doesn't mean "not travelling anymore," it just means "not available to battle." Characters on reserve still appear on the overworld during scripts (or all the time, if the Hero), you just can't choose to use them in battle until they're placed back on active duty. :) Traditional RPGs have often used this exact gimmick, as well.

Years
There is, in script form.

...checkgender
if 0x0 gosub @girl
if 0x1 gosub @boy
msgbox @hurt 0x4
closeonkeypress

#org @girl
bufferstring 0x0 @girltxt
return

#org @boy
bufferstring 0x0 @boy txt
return

#org @girltxt
= she

#org @boytxt
= he

It's a bit lengthy, but it works regardless.

Anyway, congratulations on HOTM. I wouldn't be surprised if this won HOTY, especially if you manage to get a beta out (in other words: get a beta out now >D). Regardless, keep up the excellent work, you've a fan in me :D

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
@Spherical Ice - I am familiar with the checkgender command, but that is for checking the player's gender, not a pokemon's gender (which is what would need to be checked to make the trap's text display "he" or "she" properly). I apologize if I wasn't exactly clear ^^' But thank you for trying to help; and for your other kind words, as well! (though there are better hackers than I who deserve HotY more ^^' )

Heh...at this rate, simply rewording that trap's text is looking better and better =D

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Wow this rom looks revolutionary, I can't wait to try it out. Shame i have no hacking skills to help out. Keep up the good work, I'll try to spread the word about this rom hack.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
I just watched the first 5 parts of the intro videos, and I must say this is fantastic haha, Reminds me of fallout but with pokes.

I'm not sure if those videos are up to date or not but I noticed you tend to use
"... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... "

an incredible amount of times, sometimes it feels like too much IMO. Other than that this is superb.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi there Parka, how's SRT going?
I can see new updates are coming, that's really awesome, of course BIG congratulation on winning HoTM! =)
I'd like to ask if we get beta or complete version when you release something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back