• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm still working on Arcanum, but as school is coming up and I've just joined another RP, I think I won't post it yet. Though... I am tempted to, since Foreigners is... um... quite silent ;;

I've been thinking about another RP as well. What would you say about a RP where you journey, beating gyms and battling wild pokémon... as a pokémorph? With levels and attack limits, and not really chaptered, but more like Foreigners - where people interact.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016

I've been thinking about another RP as well. What would you say about a RP where you journey, beating gyms and battling wild pokémon... as a pokémorph? With levels and attack limits, and not really chaptered, but more like Foreigners - where people interact.

I would say, that I'm not thrilled by the idea. Would the gym leaders be pokemon as well? The whole concept is too foreign to me to be interested. But I don't see why other people wouldn't be.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@RHCP: Umm... Looking at the idea, it's not bad. However, on a personal note, I'm not sure I'd be into playing a pokemorph. I have difficulty motivating myself to play a pokemon character, and a pokemorph shares many of the qualities with the added bonus of taunting me with a vague humanity that doesn't do much to improve the situation.

I would... think about it, if that's the route you decided to go though.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I'm still working on Arcanum, but as school is coming up and I've just joined another RP, I think I won't post it yet. Though... I am tempted to, since Foreigners is... um... quite silent ;;

Well, seeing as some people *looks at above two posts* aren't very interested in playing as Pokemon, and I don't know if I want to play as another Pokemon right now, plus the fact that some of it . . . wouldn't make sense, you could base it on the Pokemon ReBURST manga. That could be fun . . . /hasn't even read the manga.

Okay, I got some-well, perhaps a lot-of plot down for the Kingdom Hearts RP. Once Skymin replies to my PM and gives me her feedback, I might edit it a little and post it here. I think it's coming along okay~ Can't wait to get it out here. :3

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016

Okay, I got some-well, perhaps a lot-of plot down for the Kingdom Hearts RP. Once Skymin replies to my PM and gives me her feedback, I might edit it a little and post it here. I think it's coming along okay~ Can't wait to get it out here. :3

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! Seriously though, I am very eager to see what you've come up with... Will you include Ghibli characters? Or at least a few? Ponyo, Totoro, Yubaba, and the robot from Castle in the Sky?

Nakuzami

Years
DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! Seriously though, I am very eager to see what you've come up with... Will you include Ghibli characters? Or at least a few? Ponyo, Totoro, Yubaba, and the robot from Castle in the Sky?

Hm . . . I haven't come up with anything for Studio Ghibli worlds/characters yet, but I will. :P
Don't worry, I haven't done so much work on the worlds or characters yet, so there's still plenty of opportunity~

On a slightly random note: Should someone else, someone a bit more /active/ take over the RP Library? I know it was Ichiro's idea, but he's a poop and keeps dying randomly. >:C Couldn't even do Focus Shift: A New Awakening, because he left us all. ;~;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No, in the story I'm thinking up, we're in the normal pokemon world where human teenagers have started to transform into pokemorphs. They are mostly shunned, so a strong-willed one invents and promotes pokemorph battling to give pokemorphs a chance to earn money, which means that teams of pokemorphs will travel the region and battle normal trainers and pokemon. There would - of course - be an organisation that works to oppress and oppose the pokemorphs, since there is an old prophecy in all the regions that might be connected to the pokemorphs and that foretells the end of humanity as we know it...

I personally think it sounds better than playing as a normal pokemon, but if you guys are more interested in a normal journey, let's hope one of the (2?) existing ones open up more spots or that someone does make a new one. I'd like a Sinnoh one :3

Oh, and Naku I don't think you should blame others for abandoning stuff when you haven't posted for ages yourself... Just sayin, if you think you have your reasons, maybe Ichiro has too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Ichi just moved flats as he explained to me in a text which I copypasta'd to the Atlantis folk, so he's been rather inactive lately. He has his reasons, like us all.

Nakuzami

Years
No, in the story I'm thinking up, we're in the normal pokemon world where human teenagers have started to transform into pokemorphs. They are mostly shunned, so a strong-willed one invents and promotes pokemorph battling to give pokemorphs a chance to earn money, which means that teams of pokemorphs will travel the region and battle normal trainers and pokemon. There would - of course - be an organisation that works to oppress and oppose the pokemorphs, since there is an old prophecy in all the regions that might be connected to the pokemorphs and that foretells the end of humanity as we know it...

I personally think it sounds better than playing as a normal pokemon, but if you guys are more interested in a normal journey, let's hope one of the (2?) existing ones open up more spots or that someone does make a new one. I'd like a Sinnoh one :3

Oh, and Naku I don't think you should blame others for abandoning stuff when you haven't posted for ages yourself... Just sayin, if you think you have your reasons, maybe Ichiro has too.

Ichi just moved flats as he explained to me in a text which I copypasta'd to the Atlantis folk, so he's been rather inactive lately. He has his reasons, like us all.

I never said he didn't have his reasons, I just called him a poop, mostly because I was excited for Focus Shift. :C
And Red, I think all but two of my RPs have, like, died. That would be *Foreigners and Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning. Don't think any else have survived . . . and it's only been ages because I was gone all break (and now I have a homework emergency, but that's a different story, lol) and also, I was the last to post in *Foreigners, not including yourself. :P
As for the pokemorphs . . . did you even consider my Pokemon ReBURST idea? I don't think you did, hmph! :M

As for me posting the KH RP plot, probably won't be for a little while. Skymin keeps criticizing it (hmph! :M) and the reason being because the plot so far is bland and boring. I do agree (kinda :P) though, so~ once it sounds more exciting I'll show y'all.

Dawn

Years
Pokemon ReBurst is a manga in which rather than storing pokemon in balls "trainers" fuse with their pokemon to engage in battle, taking on a sort of gajinka appearance and gaining their powers. The key is that they can defuse at any time and are thus not stuck like that. In addition, as with gajinkas in general, their appearance would be significantly more human-like than a pokemorph. (A pokemorph, technically speaking, is a pokemon with human traits. A gajinka is a human with pokemon traits, if you want to get specific. That's why)

It's probably just the general concept he's recommending, and I would totally be more comfortable playing that style of character. (Though, I'd probably need to create a new one from scratch, as none of my characters can fight. After all, why would they need to when they have a handful of super powered bodyguards on hand?)

Nakuzami

Years
Pokemon ReBurst is a manga in which rather than storing pokemon in balls "trainers" fuse with their pokemon to engage in battle, taking on a sort of gajinka appearance and gaining their powers. The key is that they can defuse at any time and are thus not stuck like that. In addition, as with gajinkas in general, their appearance would be significantly more human-like than a pokemorph. (A pokemorph, technically speaking, is a pokemon with human traits. A gajinka is a human with pokemon traits, if you want to get specific. That's why)

It's probably just the general concept he's recommending, and I would totally be more comfortable playing that style of character. (Though, I'd probably need to create a new one from scratch, as none of my characters can fight. After all, why would they need to when they have a handful of super powered bodyguards on hand?)

Yes, that. I think it would be loads more fun than both a regular journey RP and your typical pokemorph RP. Nobody has done a ReBURST RP yet (I don't think?) so I guess you'd be the first. :P
Although, from what I read about ReBURST, they do have a few moments where they use Pokemon the traditional "I'm-going-to-stand-here-while-you-tackle-each-other-to-death" way.

Ugh . . . okay, once Skymin is no longer being a lazy glutton* (her parents must be Somnus and Gluttony, meh) and can be /productive/ (gawd, now I'm doing dat PkMn Trainer Yellow thing :C) then I might post a little sneak peek at the KH RP plot. :P
*She admitted this to me (well, not in those exact words, but whatever) so bleh! >:P

. . . Okay, how many RPers have dropped dead recently? It seems most of mah buddies are dead, not including the poop and lazy glutton. :P

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I'm alive! And the ReBURST plot sounds like it'd be interesting. So would KH but I'm hoping it isn't nearly as insane as the games.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
:/ I can see why that is an interesting concept. But I honestly think my idea is good too, since there are real humans and the world is the regular pokémon world, only that pokémorphs are starting to exist in it. It's not a too far fetched idea and with the backstory and plot and the possibility of making several characters it would probably work well. I'm not the person to put away my ideas completely just because three people dislike it, but I'll put it away for the time being.

Nakuzami

Years
:/ I can see why that is an interesting concept. But I honestly think my idea is good too, since there are real humans and the world is the regular pokémon world, only that pokémorphs are starting to exist in it. It's not a too far fetched idea and with the backstory and plot and the possibility of making several characters it would probably work well. I'm not the person to put away my ideas completely just because three people dislike it, but I'll put it away for the time being.

Well this is also with real humans, and also in the regular Pokemon world? It's just they fight by "fusing" with their Pokemon, but they can also fight regularly if they want to. :/ You can always just take the concept and go all HOLYMOTHEROFDSWOGHROWGHQOIGHFWQGORIGINAL if you want to. Plus, it's a similar idea . . . and I count as 16,795,324,008 myself, so you have more than two times the population of Earth not interested in your idea. You should be frightened.

@Fuyu - *Scoff!* What are we without insanity? We needz it! Plus, the games aren't all that insane. It all makes sense when you think about it (when applying the fantasy logic, of course) and it's just epic. I wonder what they'll do after the Xehanort Saga ends with KH III?
I haven't played the main KH games in quite a while . . . I could care less if I ever play as Sora again. :/ I'd rather play as Aqua, Kairi, and Riku or something, lol. NOT TERRA. GAWD, physical attackers (or at least ones that are tanks, like Terra) are so annoying to play as. >:C

@PkMn Trainer Yellow - >:C

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I'm an avid roleplayer, and I haven't really gotten into any RP's on the forum yet, are there any ideas being thrown around right now for a new RP? I'd love to see anything from Naruto to Pokemon to X-Men.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Ugh . . . okay, once Skymin is no longer being a lazy glutton* (her parents must be Somnus and Gluttony, meh) and can be /productive/ (gawd, now I'm doing dat PkMn Trainer Yellow thing :C) then I might post a little sneak peek at the KH RP plot. :P
*She admitted this to me (well, not in those exact words, but whatever) so bleh! >:P
nakuzami dont make me exile you from my crew.

I'm an avid roleplayer, and I haven't really gotten into any RP's on the forum yet, are there any ideas being thrown around right now for a new RP? I'd love to see anything from Naruto to Pokemon to X-Men.
welcome! Well, there are a few roleplays hanging around that always accepts members, like atlantis arising and pokemon trainer academy and I'm just about to go through a bunch of submitted rps so you could always check out the "check here to see if your roleplay is accepted" thread for new roleplays cropping up.

or ask anyone here! i'm sure game masters would love another team member in their roleplay. <:

Dawn

Years
welcome! Well, there are a few roleplays hanging around that always accepts members, like atlantis arising and pokemon trainer academy

Me and Megaman765 hit the point where we had so many members we couldn't afford to expand any further. |3 Given, a few spots have opened up since then so. If we ever wanted to expand further, we would need a third GM though. =<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back