• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
I just thought of an idea for a challenge. It's kind of obscure, but eh.

Y'know what some common fears are, right? Ghosts, darkness, thunder and lightning, bugs, heights, etc. Well, how about a challenge with Pokemon of types that represent fears? Flying could represent the fear of heights, water could represent the fear of water, fire could represent the fear of fire, ghosts, well, ghosts, of course, dark, darkness, electric could be thunder and lightning, the list goes on.

But as a twist, why not ONLY be able to use Pokemon that back up why people are afraid of those phobias? For example, Feraligatr, Gyarados, Sharpedo, etc. for water.

Sound good?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
That could be interesting, I like it. How about people with different fear. Like let's say fear of height and darkness, we gotta choose one of them or combine them both together and use dark and flying Pokemon?

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
That could be interesting, I like it. How about people with different fear. Like let's say fear of height and darkness, we gotta choose one of them or combine them both together and use dark and flying Pokemon?
Yeah, that sounds great!

And thanks, Vaporeon! Glad you approve of my idea! We need a name for it, though. But let's not make it TOO cliche.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm personally not crazy on this idea, but it would work as a challenge. It's a good idea, just not something I would probably play.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
As long as it's a challenge that people would be drawn to, it's okay to try and post, right? :)

And for the name? Maybe Challenge your fears? I don't know if it's nice. I just like the sound of it *_*

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
Yeah, Challenge Your Fears sounds great! I'll post it tomorrow, unless, of course, someone else wants to post it for me. I'm fine either way. Just be sure to credit me for the idea if you do post it for me!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'll have to make another challenge thread? doihaveto? lol sorry, bad pun x(

Make it yourself, so like that you can include all the ideas you got :D

rossi933

Pokemon Master R/B/Y
Years
I don't have a DS so can not do the ultimate challenges, does anyone know of an emulator that both works and runs at a good speed?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't use emulators myself anymore because I prefer playing Pokemon on the go, but VisualBoyAdvance is a great emulator.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It's my birthday.

c2c.png

-syd jumps into the post to power abuse because you were breaking the 4 word rule silly-

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
No but I mean a DS emulator :P

Desmume is a DS emulator.

Desmume is the best quality one although I use no$gba combined with no$zoomer because it's faster.

I use Desmume. You can configure it to work faster.
The only issue with No$GBA from what I've been told is that the project got abbandoned by its creator so it's kind of outdated.
Besides, there's a version of Desmume out there that enables wi-fi (that's what I'm using)

Oh and happy birthday, Necrum! ^-^

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
Happy Birthday Necrum!!! We haven't spoken before, but that doesn't mean I can't say Happy Birthday! So, uh, Happy Birthday! :t250:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back