• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club, Nato4eyes!

Congrats on the shiny Chikorita, Metal Electric!

I got back to my Litwick hunt, which is now up to 1,436. My Magnemite hunt is now up to 143, although it's more of a hunt for IVs rather than a shiny. I'll probably switch from Litwick to Archen for my main shiny hunt when I reach 1,500 Litwicks.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
xD I still have no shiny, and in 13 days I'll have a 2 months drought lol. I really hope something shines soon, especially if I would get Taillow on my bday xD It's my fav shiny + fav pokémon lol. Would be awesome. And I also started a new hunt: shiny Johto starter! It's also part of a upcoming BQ on SS. So wish me luck, I'm also recording everything live.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
So I was training a Magcargo in that cave in Johto (I don't know the name), and I was biking around the lower chamber. I wasn't really paying attention, but I saw some movement on the screen after running into a wild Pokemon. I looked down and didn't see any blue stars, so I went back to what I was doing before. When I looked down again at my DS, I saw that the wild Magcargo was purple! Haha, I was thrilled to have found a shiny, especially after already seeing one this month! It was pretty ironic that I ran into it when I was training my own non-shiny Magcargo, "lol."

There was one point in the battle where it used a move (it was Rock Slide or some mud move) and part of the attack animation covered part of the shiny in brown. I got scared for a second that that would unshine the shiny somehow, "lol."

After couple of Ultra Balls, the shiny Magcargo was mine!!

Spoiler:

Hey i got a shiny cyndaquil 2 days ago!! really amazing it was on my birthday 2!!

Welcome to the club! That's awesome you got a shiny on your birthday - congrats!

haha, you should also post that you'd like to join xD Is it so difficult? lol, you can't do anything can't you :p

Actually, all you have to do to join is post; there's no mandatory asking. He didn't do anything wrong there, but, um, you kind of did. I'm going to give you a warning (not a strike) for being condescending; the last two sentences there were unnecessary and pretty mean, even if you were joking. Just be a little more careful from now on. ;)

a dude on MSN who I tried to let join but he doesn't like it. I'm now hunting Taillow and Manaphy, I've done 700 eggs for taillow and about 10 for Manaphy. ( i have 5 manaphy eggs)

Yeah, my recruiting attempts haven't been that successful either. People just don't know what they're missing out on, and I feel bad that they can't experience the awesomeness that is The SHC. :cer_laugh:

You're lucky to have 5 Manaphy eggs - you'll probably get it 5 times faster than me, "lol." You might want to trade over a Flame Body/Magma Armor Pokemon with each batch, too; it makes the hunt so much faster, especially since there's no bike!

Wow, top 64? That's incredible!! Nice job, TheGr8! I especially liked the part in your video at the beginning when you sent out Amoongus. ;)

I bet everyone was rooting for you to beat that third guy, "lol."

I couldn't help but notice, though, that you were in a location awfully close to The Evil Empire. I hope you know that the SHC reserves the right to ban, execute, or annihilate any person(s) with any known association to the New York Yankees organization via employment, monetary contributions, moral support, or any other connection in any way, shape, or form. That cesspool of evil is equivalent to letting other people get shinies and then purchasing at exorbitant rates the ones they deem to have high IVs. They don't catch any shinies on their own, of course, and they ruin the ones they get from others by giving them atrocious EVs. That's a physical incarnation of what the SHC is not.

We might laugh at you if you're a Mets fan, but you won't get banned from the club. ;)

Shiny Chikorita

Congrats on an awesome shiny! Don't be put down for getting a repeat shiny - now you get to have both a Chikorita and Meganium! I usually don't evolve my shinies because I like the unevolved forms better, but now you get the best of both worlds. ;)

May I join? I Love shinie Pokemon!

Welcome to the club! What are you hunting? Have you caught any yet?

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Thanks G-Money, lol half the smogoners I know, heard that guy, my friend also hear him while playing in his own third round match.On that last freak out my friend's opponent was like "what is that guys issue?" my friend looks over to my table and was like "My friend is kicking his ass." lol. But yeah it was a lot of fun, and I was always happy to see my shiny amoonguss. I was very close to top32 which was good anyway for my first VGC.

But it's back to the shiny hunts! :D

SRing Snivy, I can't tell you guys how many times I fall asleep doing the SRs.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on finishing in the top 64, TheGr8! I've come close to falling asleep a few times while hatching Litwick eggs. I think I fell asleep once.

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club, JalordaSerpent7!

Magnemite: 172

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
ive fallen asleep doing SR's with charmmander, fairly annoying aswell becuase then my sp battery is dead when i wake up...

think im going to give hunting a break for a while... or atleast not do as many becuase it would be nice to have some time off, i will keep you guys updated though.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Congrats on finishing in the top 64, TheGr8! I've come close to falling asleep a few times while hatching Litwick eggs. I think I fell asleep once.

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club, JalordaSerpent7!

Magnemite: 172

Thank you Latios! :D It was a great experience and I had a really great time meeting people from Smogon, and going with my IRL friend who is in the pictures lol. We were supposed to have 4 of us but one had national guard duty and the other wasn't ready or something. :P good luck with magnemites

ive fallen asleep doing SR's with charmmander, fairly annoying aswell becuase then my sp battery is dead when i wake up...

think im going to give hunting a break for a while... or atleast not do as many becuase it would be nice to have some time off, i will keep you guys updated though.

lol yeah, I fell asleep for an hour while SRing yesterday lol. I kinda hate it because it's my free time to do it.

Anyway, I am going after Snivy before running through this white cart because I wanted another run through. So I am SRing till I get it.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
G-Money said:
Welcome to the club! What are you hunting? Have you caught any yet?
I am hunting a shiny Graveler on my Platinum.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
After 12 years of playing pokemon, and finishing every single game that has came out all the way through and completing 2 pokedexs I finally saw and caught my first shiny pokemon that wasn't red gyarados!
Shiny Snivy!

Soft reseted about 650 times for it and when it popped up i was like.. no ways!
Sadly its male and has a brave nature but still my first shiny!

ps. may i join?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Snivy, carefulwetpaint! Yes, you can join.

Good luck on the shiny Graveler hunt, JalordaSerpent7! The first shiny that I ever came across was a Geodude in Silver and it exploded on me to. I suggest using a Pokémon that has the Damp ability. Golduck, Poliwrath, and Quagsire are three examples.

I got the IVs that I wanted on Magnemite, so the hunt ends at 183. The Magnemite that I was looking for came on no. 182. Now I'm back to just hatching Litwicks. So far I've hatched 1,454 Litwick eggs, and about 1,800 eggs overall.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
After 12 years of playing pokemon, and finishing every single game that has came out all the way through and completing 2 pokedexs I finally saw and caught my first shiny pokemon that wasn't red gyarados!
Shiny Snivy!

Soft reseted about 650 times for it and when it popped up i was like.. no ways!
Sadly its male and has a brave nature but still my first shiny!

ps. may i join?

Congratz! That's the hunt I am working on! I am taking a little break from it, SRing gets tiring after a while. I don't keep track of my number of SRs or when I hatch eggs. Because it gets me a tad frustrated. Welcome to the SHC !

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
@Latios thanks :). I have a question though, how do you tell what the IV of your pokemon are.. :S And good luck on the Litwick, that sounds like total death hatching that many eggs.

@TheGr8 Im not going to lie, i was watching tv shows while doing and not really paying attention so wasnt that bad, though SRing does get awfully boring haha. Good luck on your hunt though

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
@Latios thanks :). I have a question though, how do you tell what the IV of your pokemon are.. :S And good luck on the Litwick, that sounds like total death hatching that many eggs.

There is a judge in the Battle Subway that tells you how good your IVs are but doesn't tell you the exact numbers. First he tells you how good the Pokémon's IVs are overall by saying "it's outstanding", "it's relatively superior", "it's above average", or it's "decent". For the best IV he says "it can't be better", "it's fantastic", "it's very good", or "it's rather decent". If he says "it can't be better", that means that it has a perfect 31 IV. There are other ways to get exact numbers, like IV calculators that you can find on other websites.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
^^ first though I'd bring it to the battle club in Nimbasa City. All the way left to the pokemon center. Save in front of the guy, then talk to him, and just say single battles and select your pokemon you want to check, get into the battle it will be lvl 50 stats which are more accurate for IV calcs.

Source: I play in VGC and Competitively, I check IVs all the time :P

and thank you it's a tough hunt though

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
lolol you sound exactly like me. I have done that about 5 times. I took a break for a while tonight to play my Emerald run through. Hoping to see a shiny :( that'd be nice to be honest and I thought I had a shiny Trapinch lol.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Alright... I thought I'd never get another shiny since that drought beginning last month... but my hard work finally came to fruition 3 days ago!!! shiny scyther and my secret hunt back to back!!! :D (some luck, eh. 1 in 2048² chance) I think it all started when I got my 3DS and HeartGold game in June 22. What actually got me to make emergency "come-back" is the shiny Starly, which is actually the first shiny I ever got on my Platinum game! Hurray! (I transferred it to my new HeartGold game right after)

Pics Below

Shiny Scyther
Shiny Scyther in battle

Secret "not-so-secret-for-a-long-time" Hunt
In battle

Shiny Starly

UPDATE: Shiny Sandslash! (Pics will come later)

So yeah, 3 4 shinies in 3 days, boo yeah! :D

Last edited:
Back