• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon would live near you?

Years
I live near a giant open area that in in from of my house that has a few trees in it, so probably some Houndour/Houndoom, Poochyena/Mightyena or maybe even a ponyta or rapidash as well (we actually have had a fire in the open area about 10 years ago). Near the back is dense woods though, so probably some bug pokemon like yanma, Caterpie evo line, Weedle evo line, etc. but nothing exotic like Scyther or Heracross.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
I live on a block where a bunch of empty houses sit around the area; I'm not sayin' my house is the only house where peoples live, but majority of the houses on my block...are empty. :\ Hell, there's one right next door ours. Cats, birds, and squirrels are always seen running around or going inside the houses. so, I would say:

Taillow
Pidgey
Meowth
Glameow
Kricketot
Spinarak
Caterpie/Wurmple
Beautifly/Butterfree
Yanma
Snivy (Garden snakes)
Rattata
Trapinch
Zigzagoon
Beedrill (Wasps and Bees)
Pachirisu (Just because it's a squirrel)

Last edited:

Vicktor Black

Still Working on Red Frost
Years
I would mostly find bird pokemon where I live like pidove and pidgey with maybe the rare few glameows and some stoutlads.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I live in the city, so...I expect a lot of Rattata and Grimer. Probably some Pikachu and Joltik. Definitely lots of Pidove. Though...I'm not sure about having so many Pikachu and Joltik around the city. I'd most likely be running around trying to catch them all.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Living in London, there sure as hell would be lots and lots of Rattata, with a few scattered Raticate in the down-and-out areas, for sure. As well as the aforementioned Grimer and Muk, there'd also be loads of Pidoves stealing people's scraps of food, as well as some Pachirisu here and there to eat all of the nuts. Apart from that, there wouldn't be many wild Pokemon, per se, but there's probably be lots of domesticated Lillipups and Skitties and the likes. But probably not wild ones.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I live in the suburbs and my place of residence is close to a lake, so flying-types like Pidgey, Pidove, Ducklett and Chatot, water-types such as Magikarp, Goldeen and Poliwag, lots of bug-types (you name them) plus a few poison-types like Seviper and Skorupi because, as Zupplu mentioned, this is Australia after all. x)

Last edited:

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
Years
There's a distinct lack of tall grass surrounding where I live. That said, there'd probably be a handful of bug Pokémon in the woods nearby, though I'm not sure the experience would be the same without the spooky music of Viridian Forest playing.

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
I live in a collective settlement, or a Kibbutz in Israel.

I find it fun to imagine, so i'll go as far as detailing the seasons too.

BTW: The Pokemon i'm listing are the ones that are active in the location at the certain time and season,
so for example: I won't list the daylight-active Pokemon in the night time section even if it's an area where they nest.

Spring time

DURING THE DAY

Spoiler:

DURING THE NIGHT

Spoiler:

Phew... That took a lot of effort.
Life, what life?

I'll update it sometime soon.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Living in a village with a big mall(For Belgium standards), a forest and a channel. We probarly have like Grimer, muk, pidove, pidgey, caterpie, emolga, weedle, Beedril, Lillipup, herdier, Zubat (My mom says that there are bats here but I don't believe her), hoothoot(I can hear a lot of owls) Poliwag(in the pond in the forest) and probarly gastly(There is an empty old building in the forest) Also skitties. Oh more cat and dog like pokemon. And also tons of Moth-like pokemon.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I'll do my entire home state of Mass-Uh-Chew-Sits

Starters: Snivy, Torchic, and Squirtle lines
Common: Caterpie line, Rattata, Patrat, Zigzagoon, Bidoof/Bibarel, Poliwag line, Pidove line, Ledyba, Spinarak, Wingull, Geodude, Foongus, Seedot, Surskit, Buneary, Swablu, Clamperl, Stunky/Skuntank, Pachirisu, Emolga, Trubbish, Grimer, Durant, Combee/Vespiquen
Uncommon: Vulpix, Deerling/Sawsbuck, Zubat/Golbat, Seel, Krabby, Crawdaunt, Hoothoot/Noctowl, Pineco, Staraptor, Venipede, Cottonee, Petilil, Tenacool, Octillery, Wooper
Rare: Drilbur, Poochyena, Teddiursa/Ursaring, Wailord, Sharpedo, Magnemite line, Snover, Yanma, Gastly line, Timburr line, Basculin, Klink line, Pawniard/Bisharp

Not counting pets or farm animals.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I live in a small village near the city. I'm probably sure I won't see a lot of Pokemon around our parts, but if there were, we'd probably have some canine or feline kinds. Glameow, Meowth, Skitty, Houndoom -- Pokemon like that. Of course, a few Rattatas would probably hide under our house, too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Well I live in the outskirts of a city, so lots of rodent pokémon, osyducks and other duck Pokémon, wingulls(close to a major river too)
bug pokémon. If you go a few km out of the city youd find lots of ponytas there and probably sawsbuck and stantlers as it is firstly a apart of the world with lots of horses, and also a wooded area.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Let's see. I live on a farm surrounded by hills and woods and a creek in front of my house and a few pounds. So I will have to say the following.

Basicly any you would see on a farm,bugs and freshwater pokemon and bird pokemon. I would list them,but too many to name.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Living in a modern surburban area, I would say you would find Pidgey's, Pidoves. Basically the basic bird pokemon, there is A LOT of birds in my area. It'd basically be a heaven for a flying type trainer to start of their journey.

Also, meowths it's fairly common here to see cats in the street. Not a huge amount, but a few. (They are all owned of course, they just do what cats do.)

As for others, I can't really think of any. We don't have a huge amount of tall grass here, so I don't think you would see many Rattata's. And considering there are a lot of bushes and tall tree's here, I'd say you would find a few Weedles or Caterpies.

I live in Eastern Australia, by the way. If anyone was wondering.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
All i can say about where i live is that i'm in a desert with a very gangster style feel, there's liter and spray painted walls everywhere, you can even see how smelly everything is. So Grimers, trash bag things from gen v, lots of Pachirisu and pidoves, Hounders, Growlithes, and Gardevoirs, because of that major garden in town, the only nature friendly area.

Back