• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you need some Inspiration for a Hack?

Vicktor Black

Still Working on Red Frost
Years
Two words "Prison Break" you and a few others have been put into prison, but you are innocent and you must escape to prove it. Every new prisoner is given a chance to escape the prison. First you are given a pokemon then you must battle your way through guards, other prisoners, and the warden. Only after you have defeated the Warden are you able to leave the prison. When you finally leave the prison you start your journey to destroy the prison since it is corrupted because innocent lives are being destroyed in there and while you were gone they captured your family for what reason you do not know, but now you must assemble a team of pokemon and become stronger to get your family back.

Just something random from me.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Here's an idea that I've got pretty well developed. If I had any skills, I'd probably be looking to put together a team and actually make this hack. You begin as a lab assistant in Prof. Pine's lab. You awake one morning to see an excited e-mail about a pair of fossils and an opportunity to bring them back to life. When you arrive it lab, it's disheveled as usual - Prof. Pine was never very organized. A holorecording then activates, and it's Prof. Pine explaining that he was called away suddenly, and unfortunately one of the fossils proved to be fake. But you can revive the other one and please do some field work, battling with it and learning about its behaviors and capabilities. It's a dome fossil, and you get a Kabuto. As time goes on, you're contacted by Prof. Pine a few more times, and he gradually becomes more and more suspicious, until it becomes apparent that he's being held captive and making these recordings under duress. Meanwhile, you encounter Team Rocket or Team Helix (not sure if I'd prefer to use the standard bad guys or name my own team). Their goal is world domination, and toward that end they're working at engineering new, more powerful Pokemon. Team Helix uses some "Fakemon," and even their real Pokemon are often hacked to have illegal movesets. Like a Magikarp with Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hyper Beam. (Hypothetical example). You'll probably encounter a Venustoise. Other fan theories are made canon - Voltorb really are failed experiments into early Pokeballs, possessed by Haunters/the ghosts of Pokemon that were captured and can't escape. Gengar really is Clefable's shadow. Ditto really are failed attempts at making Mewtwo. Genesect really is a Kabutops in armor. Eventually you do rescue Prof. Pine, and you find that Team Helix has made Mewtwo (from the stolen Mew fossil, which was the other one Prof. Pine had). The Mewtwo goes berserk and the world seems to be in grave danger. Prof. Pine comes up with a plan - they were also working on plans for a Genesect, and that may be the only thing powerful enough to face Mewtwo. That's why they were using the character to begin with - a dupe to train the Kabuto for them in order to get Kabutops. Prof. Pine is leery of the idea, but the bond you have with your starter may be enough to ensure Genesect doesn't go similarly unruly. In other words, Kabutops evolves into Genesect by an event that requires high happiness. I'd also like to put a Deoxys in that keeps running and changing forms. It may be implied by programming in three running legendaries (speed, defense, and attack formes) that only start appearing after you encounter a normal form Deoxys that runs. Mind you, having three kind of makes it difficult to believe. I wonder if there could be a way to hack the Castform sprite change and just use a single running legendary? Form change might end up becoming weather dependent, but oh well. Also, one of the Gym Leaders has a Porygon2 that gets upgraded to a Porygon-Z but gets a virus and goes berserk. So there's a retrieval mission that just happens to also make wild Porygon family members appear in the wild during this time. Essentially, the virus is duplicating itself.

This one's been standing out in my mind since I came up with it. I've actually begun fleshing a plot outline and even a handful of the finer details. I'd say I were starting to make this idea a reality, but I have no skills for realizing it. I know nothing about hacking. I know nothing about graphic design. I'm kinda interested in finding a team, but I know I'd bring almost nothing to the team. At most I could take the lead in designing the plot, and I could write all of the dialogue. Not sure that's enough though.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Yes, I do need some Inspiration.

I get them by watching a movie, hearing a speech or maybe playing some games our hacks. Inspiration is needed in order for you to make a very good story and think of wonderful ideas for your hack so that thing is really needed by hackers.

Well somehow my idea is to put a special place in my hack where all the people that helped with the hack will be able to battle against the player. It will be an awesome idea I guess

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Yes, I do need some Inspiration.

I get them by watching a movie, hearing a speech or maybe playing some games our hacks. Inspiration is needed in order for you to make a very good story and think of wonderful ideas for your hack so that thing is really needed by hackers.

Well somehow my idea is to put a special place in my hack where all the people that helped with the hack will be able to battle against the player. It will be an awesome idea I guess

You know, I'd had a slightly similar idea. Or maybe it's more accurate to say it's a different idea for how to thank the entire hacking team. The intro scene where the professor tells you about the world of Pokemon and everyone is trying to mash A as quickly as they can to get to the game. Don't put the sprite of the Professor there - put a sprite of a gathering of the entire team, and have them break the fourth wall to give you the quick version everyone wants. I guess that could be done alongside programming them all into the hack. If so, be sure their in-game versions all use their favorite Pokemon.

...I'm curious, was your post about inspiration being needed by hackers a general observation, or was it a response to my previous post about having a fairly well-planned idea, but no knowledge of how to hack?

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2013
My idea for a pokemon game would be Pokemon: Brawl!! ANd Pokemon: Melee. Basicaly Pokemon with monsters from other Nintendo games. Metroids, Goombas, Octo Rocks, Waddle Dee, Kremlings, and anyone of a hundred other creatures from the nintendo catalogue. Nintendo characters could be trainers Metaknight , Link, Captain falcon and the like could be something like gym leaders. I would do it but i seriously lack the time and resources and ability for such an endeavor.

Vicktor Black

Years
Long ago a man wanted to help the world, he wanted to make it possible to use the planet as a vessel to travel the vastness of space... but when he was about to come to a breakthrough the enemy came and took his research and using the man's research they split the planet into pieces and took control of them all and as the enemy has fallen apart each wanting nothing to do with each other destroyed the world and left it in chunks floating in space and it is your destiny to bring them back together and rebuild the world as it once was by defeating the enemy and reclaiming the world one piece at a time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
I love games with alot of dialogues, so for my first nuubie hack, I am making lots of dialogues.
This inspiration comes from my own character, I love to talk and write stories, but I also had this inspiration by games like the Tales series and Golden Sun.
Pokémon lacked alot of dialogues with the main character talking him/herself.

Since I am a student myself, I implemented a school, and when you all graduate in the game, you're going on a big adventure. You will encounter your schoolfriends quite a lot of times, and you will get to know their (back)stories with time passing.

Further concepts and inspiration:
Usually the real world and the Asian continent.
One of my favourite concepts that I have yet to implement and to write down on paper (its in my head already xD) is a part of the region in war or in a truce. You can Pokemonstyle this to Korea somehow.

Also, back in the day I dreamt about Pokémon while I was asleep, I remember some of the dreams and I can work them out.

I also made routes and Gyms with LEGO and had those Pokemon dolls that you could buy at a local store, with a Pokeball. I combined these 2 things to play outside when I was young. As I started imagining stories with my friends back then, I still remember some of them to work out in an actual hack.

Mainly I will get my inspiration from things that happen(ed) in the real world, like the Korea part for e.g. I also mix real places' names and create my own, kinda what Golden Sun did (Dejima [island in Japan] became Idejima in Golden Sun) You only know it once you see it.

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
Years
i got an idea

ok you start of choosing your starter instead of gender aron/geodude/smoochum

and you go through the story as the pokemon of a trainer that abandoned its trainer

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
I wanted to write a fanfic of this idea, but I'm too lazy/busy to do it, so I'm posting it here.

Basically, government is evil/tyrannical. Every powerful trainer (champion/E4/gym leaders) is a government puppet. The champion has ridiculous privileges which he can use and abuse arbitrarily. Only some citizens have access to education, Pokedexes and pokemon training in general. The rich constantly become richer and the poor poorer.

OK, so you're the hero/heroine. You're a suburb kid who has no chance in hell of getting a starter and becoming a Pokemon trainer. One day you go for a walk in a mysterious cave that's near your village, and long story short, you end up getting befriended by a legendary Pokemon. (I thought the cave could have several areas-say forest, sea, rocks etc- and you could get a different legendary depending on where you'd chose to go.)

The professor who lives next to you gives you is astounded, but he gives you his own old Pokedex and advises you to be careful because "the times are dark". Now technically, you fulfil the requirements to register for the Pokemon league.

You soon find out that the Professor was right. The gym leaders use a reasonable team (like the ones they use in the regular games) for the upper class kids whose parents are affiliated with evil government, but they use much more difficult teams (like the ones they use in hacks ;-) ) for everyone else. Noone has ever beaten the beefed up teams before. Moreover, nobody dares to protest about the situation.

Yeah... that's as far as I've thought, to be honest. I was sort of thinking you could make some friends along the way and organize a rebellion. You could use your influence as a champion to give hope to people and make them believe it's possible to overthrow the government since a regular kid like you became champion and blah blah. But if someone decides to do this, you'll have to use your own imagination from now on :/

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I have an idea for a DPPt hack, but it may have some holes in it..:

You are the champion. You beat Team Aqua. You've done everything there is to do. You have won. You sat bored one day on your new throne, thwarting the challengers easily.
But you notice something. Everyone around you is dying. You hear a voice booming around you: NEW GAME.
it repeats itself over and over. you black out. All of a sudden, you are back where you started. A starter, a 'dex, no badges. This time, you don't go after the league. THIS time, you go after the voice you heard.In order to reclaim your old team, You go after god himself :Arceus.

Vicktor Black

Years
A group is trying to revive a demon dog that has the power to bring back the dead and as they get closer to bringing back the demon dog they soon learn that they cant control the demon and they must bring it down but as they continue to fight the creature they start to dwindle in number so they use the remaining members to seal the demon inside a cave where the chosen one will be able to defeat the demon and send it back to where it came from.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
this isn't much of a story idea as it is just things that happen.
the player could find a pokemon and upon giving it a certain item the pokemon can be obtained. then suddenly a stranger shows up claiming that you have his pokemon and asks for it back. strangely enough, the pokemon refuses to go with the stranger and a battle ensues. upon defeat the stranger vows to get his pokemon back. the stranger will appear throughout the adventure and the player will over time gather clues as to why the stranger wants the pokemon so much. maybe a strain in it's dna from being experimented on to make it stronger than normal which would explain why it doesn't like the stranger.
another idea could be a very event based story somewhat like avatar where you help towns and villages upon your journey while thwarting team rocket with cameos from first gen gym leaders as allies. i can't remember which game it was probably gold and silver where lance the dragon trainer helps you shut down a radio station? it was so long ago idk. but i always liked the idea of having allies so maybe when you team up you can temporarily battle with the gym leader's as well as your own pokemon. it wouldn't be impossible to script. just something really story based.
i think it would also be cool to have factions like in fallout where you can gain reputation after certain events.
anyway these things are just off the top of my head so if anyone wants to brain storm just send me a message or something. im getting familiar with advance map and more recently scripting but i've been having trouble with spriting because im really familiar with leaf green and fire red but i like the tilesets of emerald. im just not found of the layout. also i like the idea of secret bases to maybe use to heal pokemon, i think somebody else said that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Not really even though i do get inspired by things; however I never really got off into creating my own rom hacks because I couldn't figure it out (I still want to do it though), When I first joined i wanted to do a yellow remake that went to the Johto region after the sevii islands quest, but now I have an idea that's fully fanmade if anyone wants to help because I'm not very good at spriting or scripting I only have the story really.

Pokemon: ~Lunar~ : (fire red for the rom base)

Story
Spoiler:

Main Characters
Spoiler:

Features:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
We need a hack where Ash wakes from his 'coma' and is faced with some sort of natural disaster. All he has is his Pikachu.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2021
i really want an avengers hack, were you play as furry, or somthing and you have to catch and raise the heros. i think it would be fun. i know i have more ideas but im out of time for the day so i will have to post them later

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
World war 2 has begun and in a last ditch effort to win the war Japan starts the Pokemon protocol. Giving children a wild pokemon, usually reserved for adults, and having them fight generals for badges. You are one of the children who discover that the government is using you to fight their war. Now you are torn between your loyalty to the nation and your honor.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Here's an idea that I've got pretty well developed. If I had any skills, I'd probably be looking to put together a team and actually make this hack. You begin as a lab assistant in Prof. Pine's lab. You awake one morning to see an excited e-mail about a pair of fossils and an opportunity to bring them back to life. When you arrive it lab, it's disheveled as usual - Prof. Pine was never very organized. A holorecording then activates, and it's Prof. Pine explaining that he was called away suddenly, and unfortunately one of the fossils proved to be fake. But you can revive the other one and please do some field work, battling with it and learning about its behaviors and capabilities. It's a dome fossil, and you get a Kabuto. As time goes on, you're contacted by Prof. Pine a few more times, and he gradually becomes more and more suspicious, until it becomes apparent that he's being held captive and making these recordings under duress. Meanwhile, you encounter Team Rocket or Team Helix (not sure if I'd prefer to use the standard bad guys or name my own team). Their goal is world domination, and toward that end they're working at engineering new, more powerful Pokemon. Team Helix uses some "Fakemon," and even their real Pokemon are often hacked to have illegal movesets. Like a Magikarp with Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hyper Beam. (Hypothetical example). You'll probably encounter a Venustoise. Other fan theories are made canon - Voltorb really are failed experiments into early Pokeballs, possessed by Haunters/the ghosts of Pokemon that were captured and can't escape. Gengar really is Clefable's shadow. Ditto really are failed attempts at making Mewtwo. Genesect really is a Kabutops in armor. Eventually you do rescue Prof. Pine, and you find that Team Helix has made Mewtwo (from the stolen Mew fossil, which was the other one Prof. Pine had). The Mewtwo goes berserk and the world seems to be in grave danger. Prof. Pine comes up with a plan - they were also working on plans for a Genesect, and that may be the only thing powerful enough to face Mewtwo. That's why they were using the character to begin with - a dupe to train the Kabuto for them in order to get Kabutops. Prof. Pine is leery of the idea, but the bond you have with your starter may be enough to ensure Genesect doesn't go similarly unruly. In other words, Kabutops evolves into Genesect by an event that requires high happiness. I'd also like to put a Deoxys in that keeps running and changing forms. It may be implied by programming in three running legendaries (speed, defense, and attack formes) that only start appearing after you encounter a normal form Deoxys that runs. Mind you, having three kind of makes it difficult to believe. I wonder if there could be a way to hack the Castform sprite change and just use a single running legendary? Form change might end up becoming weather dependent, but oh well. Also, one of the Gym Leaders has a Porygon2 that gets upgraded to a Porygon-Z but gets a virus and goes berserk. So there's a retrieval mission that just happens to also make wild Porygon family members appear in the wild during this time. Essentially, the virus is duplicating itself.

FYI, I've begun making this hack. I've never done any hacking before, so I'm just learning how to do this. So far, I'm comfortable with YAPE and I'm getting comfortable with Advance Map. I've tried inserting sprites of 4th and 5th gen Pokemon as well as custom music, and failed miserably on both those counts. Once I build up a little more skill, I plan on trying to put together a team to work on this hack - I'm definitely going to need a scripter and a spriter (custom sprites for the Fakemon in particular will be beyond me). Point is, yeah, this one is now in the works. I figured anyone following this thread would be interested to know. Currently, the hack name is either Ancient Amber or Primal/Prehistoric Purple. Ancient Amber sounds better, but ______ Purple works well with the starring Pokemon, Mewtwo and Genesect, both being purple.

On an unrelated note, Pokemon: World War P. Perfect name for a hack centered on the war Lt. Surge served in.

Years
I've been wanting to make a hack based on the following story, but I'm really bad at scripting and don't have a lot of graphical talent. If anyone is interested in making this I'd really love to write out the story and dialogue further.

For the story I'll be referring to the player character as "Tom".
Spoiler:

I've got more story but it's pretty long. If anyone is interested in making this reality I'll be glad to supply all of the story and dialogue.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
A good idea would be changing the story of the game slightly (preferably R/S/E), so that you had a sister/brother, and all fights would follow the same system as in mosdeep city, when you join Steven to face off Team Magma. Also, one would edit the sprites so that your bro/sis would follow you like a damn pikachu :)

Back