• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Apparently not.

I'm okay. Tired, though.
I'm about to get off here for a while, but I'll try to get back later, if I can.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'm doing another runthrough on ME3. Wanted to do a insanity run but I'd forgotten to backup my saves. Doing a hardcore run right now, planning to do a insanity after that. Playing through as a engineer, armed with unbeatable Venom Shotgun.

I loved the Engineer class too so much, my strongest build though was an Adept that used a Saber rifle and Tempest SMG.

Add me and Stepith on Xbox Live though if you get the chance.

At least the flashbacks to junior Madara and Hashirama are alright.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The only game I ever play now is LoL :( Because I need to not suck at it.

Sir Codin

I'm currently playing System Shock 2 right now since it just came out on GoG.com.

Why did I not play this back in the day?? It's incredible and fun as hell.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I loved the Engineer class too so much, my strongest build though was an Adept that used a Saber rifle and Tempest SMG.

Add me and Stepith on Xbox Live though if you get the chance.

Playing the pc version. Haven't played mp because of my high ping satellite internet.

I dislike the Saber - To much like a sniper rifle for me.

I'm tempted to do a runthrough using nothing but explosive weaponry.

A lot of people say ME3 sucks, because of the storyline. The only real issue I have with ME3 was it ruining my favorite weapon in 2, the Phalanx. (I'm fine with the damage reduction - I just miss the laser sight.)

I was really hoping for a weapon mod that would add a laser sight. Don't think I'm going to get that, sadly.

Sir Codin

ME3's storyline really wasn't what I was expecting. I don't know why, but even though I didn't get to the controversial endings, I stopped playing anyway because it just felt so underwhelming, to the point where it seems like the game was rushed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Personally I really liked the storyline of ME3, my favorite part though would have to be the story for the Leviathan DLC. That and From Ashes was pretty neat too.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I HATE BRAWL.

Seriously, it's not the game though. I like that the game gives not-so-great players a bit of luck involved with items and such that make it fun for me, but I hate that other players always want to turn all that off. What's even the point then???

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Personally I really liked the storyline of ME3, my favorite part though would have to be the story for the Leviathan DLC. That and From Ashes was pretty neat too.

From Ashes was meh. I agree on Leviathan though - That one was great.

My favorite part in ME3 is the cutscene where a reaper gets crushed by Kalros.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
All this talk of the ME3 plot makes me wanna play it on Insanity just for funtime's sake. Granted I'll probably get my ass handed to me on a silver platter but with my abilities and marksmanship I'm not going alone lol.

Oh and this.

Here's the link if the vid doesn't work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_9tlgEQbM

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Insanity isn't that hard.

Just remember the #1 rule - Carry some very big guns.

And thats evil. Very, very evil.

Cid

Years
I HATE BRAWL.

Seriously, it's not the game though. I like that the game gives not-so-great players a bit of luck involved with items and such that make it fun for me, but I hate that other players always want to turn all that off. What's even the point then???
People like to show off. The ones who have played the game for hours to no end tend to seek gratification through these "serious" matches, and to limit the luck factor as much as possible just kinda helps in that. Take competitive battling in Pokémon, for instance. They have this Evasion Clause going on that disallows any form of ability, move, tactic, etc. which solely increases evasion because, according to most players, it takes the strategy away from the game. Especially since you rely on random numbers that dictate whether this attack would miss or not, i.e. luck. So I think with Brawl, it's all for the sake of fairness.

Not that that's how I see things with Brawl though. I mean, when I play Brawl, I don't even bother turning the items off. Just because it's a lot more fun if you're allowed to mess around with them, imo. It's part of the game, right? So if you're not playing for a tournament or something, then keep them on.

Except for the heart containers, tomatoes and health items. Those are annoying.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
When I play Melee, I always turn off all the items, lmao. It's only one on one and only depending on your skills and not some items. That's because I'm probably competitive in Melee^^

Oh, I also mention Melee, because I hate Brawl and it's physics.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I HATE BRAWL.

Depends on who you're playing against. If you've played it a lot and you wanna battle with skill, turn items off. If you're playing with some inexperienced players, turn it on to give them a fighting chance.

I liked Melee best. Felt the pace was a lot faster than Brawl.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I liked Melee best. Felt the pace was a lot faster than Brawl.

Yea, that's why I love Melee most. Also when my friends ask me to put items so they have a chance to win, I usually say no but in the end I always end up putting items. But I always stop them when they try to get an item. So basically they never get any^^'

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Elendil, II was actually very good! :)

I still have the game for my SNES :D
Actually, what you're thinking about is Final Fantasy IV, which was released as II in the western regions due to the actual II and III never releasing stateside originally. II is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWxolV8pjAg
The battle system is the only one without experience points, however the characters do gain experience for whatever weapon you have them assigned to use. To top it off HP/MP is gained for draining your MP or ending battles with little health, so there is some pretty tense stuff trying to maintain a low health character in a chain of battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back