• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Sawk vs Throh!

Sawk vs Throh

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Lillipup won. Sorry Purrloin, dogs win!

Now for this week? Are you gonna Sawk it to me or Throh me out? ...yes my puns are AWFUL.

250px-539Sawk.png
6219A.png
250px-538Throh.png

Who is the true king fighting 'mon of Unova?! ...excluding Timburr and all the rest, of course!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Sawk is based on a Karate Master and Throh on a Judo Master, so right off the bat we have an offensive and a defensive style. Karate is a hard offensive martial art whereas Judo is a "soft" defensive martial art. This isn't to say that Judo is necessarily disadvantaged, however Throh's posture is not particularly conducive to blocking Sawk's incoming attack. Judging by Sawk's pose it would likely start with a right-handed chop to stagger Throh, then follow up with a left-handed uppercut to Throh's jaw (left-handed straight punches being particularly unexpected). Throh won't be able to do too much about this in its current pose, as it's raising it's right hand and would have to reach across its entire body to block the chop, then quickly raise its hand to block the uppercut, all of which it really would not have any time for. Judo is all about redirecting enemy from the opponent's attacks but Throh has no chance to do that if it's busy reeling from being punched in the jaw. Its only real choice would be to take a full step back, resetting the momentum and necessitating waiting for another attack from Sawk that it can try to grapple. Judging by just what I see in that photo, Sawk at least wins the first bout.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I feel Throh is more 'durable' as a party member, but my preference is by default Sawk because our martial arts are similar. Plus my current Sawk is a powerhouse.

Years
I voted for Sawk, since I love blue better than red and I also like how it's the faster and more offensive of the two, which fits my playstyle better than Throh does.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Sawk has a decent Speed stat, combined with Sturdy, which gives it a free Focus Sash at full health, so my vote goes to Sawk.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
lol, I remember getting destroyed by a Sawk in the battle subway; that Sturdy + Payback combo did my poor Starmie in. Throh has impressive bulk, but I'll take Sawk's hard hitting power over it any day!

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
Years
Sawk Is Better. Throh Does Have Some Strong Points, But After Watching This ( just type POKEMON SAWKinto youtube and click on the swsh unfair one ) , Throh Will NEVER Look As Good Again.

Back