• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
ooh wow some off you guys are quite old! haha I kid. I will definitely still be into pokemon when I'm old and wrinkly.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I've been playing Pokémon full-time since 4th grade when I was 9 years old, even though I dabbled into it when I was younger than that.

Skalla

Drama Queen
Years
Plenty of kids in the target demographic play Pokemon, but it seems mostly 20 year olds and teens play them. Ill love Pokemon until the day I die!

blue

gucci
Years
I'm 19, turning 20 of November this year and I've been playing since I was 5 and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I'm 17 and I've been playing since I was 9. I have no plans to ever stop playing and am looking forward to Pokemon X & Y in October o 3o

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
There is no "age restriction" for Pokemon. Tho I think the anime is kinda childish but the games are challenging, fun, and addicting at the same time. The games have situations too complex for a child to understand. There's math and tots of strategy involved if you're training "properly" especially when it comes to EV training. I'm 21 years old and far from the nerdy type. Pokemon is the only "anime" that I really follow with the games.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
Years
17, soon to be 18. Playing the games since 8, watching the anime basically for as long as I remember :)

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Pokemon shouldn't have the age stigma it has. While I'm of the opinion that the anime is very shallow and childish (it's not very complex and I find there's little character development that isn't pathetically soppy and cheesy), the actual games themselves -- particularly competitive Pokemon -- are for anyone of any age. It's quite difficult and requires careful planning to obtain all Pokemon legally, from an in-game perspective, and from a competitive perspective, there's a lot of interesting mathematics involved in a variety of things such as damage calculation. As well as this, reasoning and decision skills are needed to succeed in (or at least properly play) competitive Pokemon.

The idea of an age restriction is just silly and another unneeded branch of societal perception.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Honestly, I think the majority of the people that play nowadays, are the ones who grew up with it, and continued to love the games. I'm pretty sure Pokemon was at its peak around the second generation, and thus most people who play the games should be in their teens or adults, which seems to add up with the members of the Pokemon forums around. It could be that most of the younger players just simply don't know or don't care about forums, but I'm pretty sure it's mainly because Pokemon is getting kinda outdated. RPG's aren't generally that popular anymore, and more and more children are seemingly beginning to play FPS games and the likes, which kinda pushes games like Pokemon to the side. It's kinda weird, considering the games are targeted at the younger players, but it just doesn't seem to be those people who play them anymore :(

Personally, I've been playing the games since I was around 3 years old, and I'm guessing the reason I still enjoy them, is because Pokemon was one of the better games you could get at the time, and the experience wouldn't be as shallow as if the people had played the current time's modern games first.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I'm 25, 26 this summer. Probably one of the older people on here maybe ;x But I love Pokemon & it is what it is lol.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I'll be 14 this 28.

I started playing Pokemon when I was 6 stopped when I was around 8-10 and back again now.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
23 going on 24 male from the UK. Like Pokemon ever since I watched the episodes on Sky at my friends house and was memorised by it. I then saw a kid playing it on his gameboy at school and the cartridge was bright red and thought I have got to get that. I then wen to the cinema to watch the first movie with my dad and got a free Dragonite card and my dad feel asleep out of boredom.

Ever since then I have binged on Pokemon I played Red(obsessed)>>>>>Gold>>>>>>>>Ruby and then sporadically as I have grown up watched episodes. I have just re-bought a Nintendo DSiXL just to catch up and start playing Pokemon again.

Im kind of glad to been born in the generation I was born in because we are a nostalgic era who aren't afraid to like things we like regardless if they were initially aimed at kids. It would be boring if we ended up like out parents and suspect we could have a lot of OAP Pokemon fans when we are older.

Was just thinking this question yesterday.

Back