• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Showcase and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
Thanks for the help, also how long does it usually take to finish a map?

For me, i can crank out an "Okay" map in 5 minutes. at least a basic layout. It can take me up to an hour to tweak from that. As i have to get it approved by Dillon(Main Developer). He wants certain things different, and i attempt to bring them. I do free mapping sometimes, but then it will take me longer as I use those maps for DA, and on this thread.

Thanks for the help, also how long does it usually take to finish a map?

This map(which is a recreate of our starter town "Patria Town") took me about 15 minutes to get it almost to this stage.
2cfw9b7.png

I then had to tweak it for about 15 minutes to get it right. Which is this stage.

Also, Here is my new map to showcase. Haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
What do you mean by "Nothing Horrific"?

Like, if something is so bad that it stands out as being bad. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I have no experience with mapping, so I don't really know if anything is wrong or not. But from a quick glance, it looks great!

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
Like, if something is so bad that it stands out as being bad. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I have no experience with mapping, so I don't really know if anything is wrong or not. But from a quick glance, it looks great!

Okay *whew* I thought you were saying that you say errors, but didnt see anything major. :L

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2015
Hi everyone.This is the first map I have posted to the site, so fingers crossed.

This is Honess Town it is the third town encountered by the protagonist and the location of the second gym (rock type). It's economy is solely supported by the quarry and the exports of rocks and minerals. All of my town names are based on minerals of a similar color to the type of gym Honessite = Brown.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I like it Ping. Maybe use a second house type 2 yellow 2 new ones? Really it's just the lack of window for me. If it was mine, I'd make that center pillar a little less square and put a pond there.

The mine itself looks great. Maybe a little 4x4 shed down there? Did you make those cranes?

How come no one looked at my map?

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2015
I like it Ping. Maybe use a second house type 2 yellow 2 new ones? Really it's just the lack of window for me. If it was mine, I'd make that center pillar a little less square and put a pond there.

The mine itself looks great. Maybe a little 4x4 shed down there? Did you make those cranes?

How come no one looked at my map?

Thank you, That is a great suggestion I completely overlooked that I forgot to put windows on the houses. Yes the cranes were drawn by me.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Another thing people don't think about in RPMXP, is you can make Combo pokemon centers/marts.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Another thing people don't think about in RPMXP, is you can make Combo pokemon centers/marts.

I thought about doing that, but i actually like the separate buildings better. Even though the combo would be more convenient... :|

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
Hi everyone.This is the first map I have posted to the site, so fingers crossed.

This is Honess Town it is the third town encountered by the protagonist and the location of the second gym (rock type). It's economy is solely supported by the quarry and the exports of rocks and minerals. All of my town names are based on minerals of a similar color to the type of gym Honessite = Brown.

Im not a huge fan of Gen 3 graphics (As ive mentioned before) But this map is really good. I would recommend making the Houses a bit bigger though. If you can

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015

It looks okay.
But the custom tiles do not fit the Official ones.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years

Yeah, it's often overlooked by developers. However, I combined the PokéCenter and Mart and I must say, it's a lot more convenient.
Especially if you're lazy like me

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Trying to get back into mapping once again, been a long time since I last properly did a map. It is, unfortunately rather empty right now, but been given a few ideas from one person already as to what I should fill the space in at the top. At the moment I'm working on tiles as I map, so for now it's empty until I've actually sprited the missing parts.
last_one__test_map_2__by_lostsoulsdev-d6eu8fz.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Trying to get back into mapping once again, been a long time since I last properly did a map. It is, unfortunately rather empty right now, but been given a few ideas from one person already as to what I should fill the space in at the top. At the moment I'm working on tiles as I map, so for now it's empty until I've actually sprited the missing parts.
Spoiler:

Hey that looks pretty nice! Keep up the good work. {:3} As for the top, maybe add like an abandoned mill or like a run down shack thing. Haha >_>

I made a mockup of the new starter town. I WILL be editing it and possibly even making it larger. I didn't add any detail because i new i was going to change it.

Spoiler:

P.S. Thanks go to Harvey_Create for helping me fix my tileset errors! :D

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
last_one__test_map_2__by_lostsoulsdev-d6eu8fz.png

It's a very nice map, I love the colours especially. I'd add some tall grass to it though, and fill the empty space I the bottom half of the map.

@Harvey_Create. I made it just like you said. Feed back and opinions are always appreciated

pokemon_morning_night_newbud_town__revised_by_ahmad2334-d6e00u2.png

This map looks really nice and has the potential to be much better; the stairs bed to be cut down a bit to fit the rock face and the pathways should really only be 3 tiles across. Some of the path placement looks a little too random as well. I'd add some flowers, more buildings or trees to fill in remnants of empty space.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I think I've finally nailed down what I want in my tileset. 2D and lots of flowers/trees/dodads.

See next post.

ppooookkkkkkk, it's not bad but borderless 3D... not in my taste. The tree blocking the top left house kinda sticks out to me along with that random middle trash can. I'd also put some grass on that isle and hide a few rare pokemon there. It'd reward people for backtracking/exploring.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
I think I've finally nailed down what I want in my tileset. 2D and lots of flowers/trees/dodads.

Spoiler:

Go to a different layer other than events layer. Then go to View at the top and click Dim other layers. It'll be a clear picture with no gridlines like the events layer. Then you'll be able to analyze the map better. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back