• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IV star ratings in summary/storage

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
UPDATE!

This script is now compatible with Essentials v20.1 as part of my Enhanced UI plugin. Refer to that plugin for the features found in this thread.

This adds new graphics to the Pokemon's stat screen and PC window that'll give you a good idea of the quality of the Pokemon's IV's at a glance. The scale works like this:

Empty Star= 0 IV
Dull Star = 1-29 IV
Yellow Star = 30 IV
Big Orange Star = 31 IV

So you'll be able to determine a quality Pokemon fairly quickly, without needing to cram your display with extra numbers.

This is now compatible with Essentials 17. This script is now built-in to my Pokemon Birthsigns project by default, so there's no need to install this if you're already using that. Just make sure that the SHOW_IV_STARS toggle is set to "true" for this to show up.

IV Star Ratings
xwGclDi.png
Jqk5Q7l.png

iE3enBG.png
n82JMZa.png

PC Example
S8JvyAs.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Thanks man, i´m gonna use it in my project !!! looks great !!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Just noting that this should still function perfectly fine in Essentials v16. Of course, let me know if anyone encounters any issues.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Has any one tired this on version 16 im not getting any errors it just doesn't work right the stars are on page of the summary screen for the pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Has any one tired this on version 16 im not getting any errors it just doesn't work right the stars are on page of the summary screen for the pokemon.

Are you sure you're putting all this code under the section def drawPageThree(pokemon)? It sounds like you installed the code fine, you just put it all under the wrong summary page.

Use CTL+F to locate def drawPageThree(pokemon), and then about 20 lines or so under that you should find the line pbDrawImagePositions(overlay,imagepos). This is where the code should be installed. This is assuming you're working with the default Summary script that comes with Essentials.

Make sure the code is being place ABOVE the pbDrawImagePositions(overlay,imagepos) line. Placing it below this line will not produce any errors, but no graphics will not show up. This may be what's happening with you.

Last edited:
Years
I had a problem with the stars not showing in the PC...
Not sure if it has anything to do with the pokemon being the animated ones or not, but I did fix it by
changing
nostar="Graphics/Pictures/starempty"
lowstar="Graphics/Pictures/starlow"
highstar="Graphics/Pictures/starhigh"
perfectstar="Graphics/Pictures/starperfect"
To
nostar=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/starempty")
lowstar=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/starlow")
highstar=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/starhigh")
perfectstar=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/starperfect")

And the stars show with no problems now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I had a problem with the stars not showing in the PC...
Not sure if it has anything to do with the pokemon being the animated ones or not, but I did fix it by
changing
nostar="Graphics/Pictures/starempty"
lowstar="Graphics/Pictures/starlow"
highstar="Graphics/Pictures/starhigh"
perfectstar="Graphics/Pictures/starperfect"
To
nostar=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/starempty")
lowstar=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/starlow")
highstar=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/starhigh")
perfectstar=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/starperfect")

And the stars show with no problems now.

Interesting. I'm using animated sprites and they display fine in the PC for me. But good to know that this solution may help people that have this issue.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Are you sure you're putting all this code under the section def drawPageThree(pokemon)? It sounds like you installed the code fine, you just put it all under the wrong summary page.

Use CTL+F to locate def drawPageThree(pokemon), and then about 20 lines or so under that you should find the line pbDrawImagePositions(overlay,imagepos). This is where the code should be installed. This is assuming you're working with the default Summary script that comes with Essentials.

Make sure the code is being place ABOVE the pbDrawImagePositions(overlay,imagepos) line. Placing it below this line will not produce any errors, but no graphics will not show up. This may be what's happening with you.

I set it up right and it works the issue is when i look at the summary screen the stars show up on page one not by the stats.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I set it up right and it works the issue is when i look at the summary screen the stars show up on page one not by the stats.

That shouldn't be happening if you installed it correctly as you say. If the stars are showing up on page one, then you pasted the code within the def drawPageOne(pokemon), and not under drawPageThree(pokemon) like it should be.

Unless your project has previous modifications to the Summary scripts, I have no idea why pasting the code under the def for Page Three would end up displaying images on Page One.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ive followed the instructions but the stars dont show up any ideas?

EDIT

Ok fixed the issue

so adding pbDisplayIVStars if @page==3 to def drawPage(page) does not work instead you need to add pbDisplayIVStars to def drawPageThree

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
ive followed the instructions but the stars dont show up any ideas?

EDIT

Ok fixed the issue

so adding pbDisplayIVStars if @page==3 to def drawPage(page) does not work instead you need to add pbDisplayIVStars to def drawPageThree

It does work, but perhaps the placement of it matters more than I thought. I just stuck it in under the part that displays the shiny star graphic. But either way is fine, so it doesn't matter really.

Metekulous

Twitch Streamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
We actually created something very similar to this but it's a little more elaborate.
We included the EVs as well and also have 32 stars created for each IV.

I like the PC IVs though. That's a neat idea.

Here's what ours looks like.
zdnmZS0.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
We actually created something very similar to this but it's a little more elaborate.
We included the EVs as well and also have 32 stars created for each IV.

I like the PC IVs though. That's a neat idea.

Here's what ours looks like.
zdnmZS0.png
Nice, yours looks really good.

Metekulous

Twitch Streamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2021
I'm still kind of new to spriting but I have a bachelors in graphic design so I'd hope it looks at least decent haha. Thanks though! I think I'll definitely be implementing your in PC IV checker into my game. I don't know how I didn't think of that beforehand. It's one of sun and moons best features.

Also, we extended the width of our viewport allowing for more information on the screen. I think this is what helped with reorganizing all the summary pages and keeping it cleaner.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Hello, a question how do I use this script for Pokemon essentials 17.2?

PS: I'm new to this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
The instructions are in the first post. Those instructions should still be applicable for v17.2. Is there a specific step that is unclear?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
No. It does not work anymore I tried and the stars do not appear. I followed all the instructions and nothing. Can you help me with that ?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
The instructions are in the first post. Those instructions should still be applicable for v17.2. Is there a specific step that is unclear?

No. It does not work anymore I tried and the stars do not appear. I followed all the instructions and nothing. Can you help me with that ?

Back