• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you catch and use the Valley Windworks Drifloon?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think i used it the very first time i played Diamond, and i think it was part of my team.
I just now caught it on my Platinum, because I'm doing a challenge and need him

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
I've used it and evolved it on my third play through. In the end, the story mode isn't too big of a challenge (which is good because that way strategy failures like myself can still use whichever Pokemon they want), so there were no real issues. I like to keep my team varied and/or balance and she was a great addition. Plus battling Fighting type Pokemon was hilarious.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Plus battling Fighting type Pokemon was hilarious.

Haha now that is true! I remember having quite some fun when battling Machops who only new normal and fighting moves. Even early battles with Pikachus were fun, since they only knew Slam and Quick-Attack as damaging moves ^^

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I caught it, but post game. At first I had no idea you could get one on Friday or whatever.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I always caught it but never used it. I plan on using it in my team whenever I get around to buying a used Diamond Version, though.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
I caught it, leveled it up, and used it to help with Fantina. I also had a Luxray with Crunch.

It was a member of my final team too.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I was on the quest to complete the pokedex so i did catch but only after E4 if i remember correctly.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I love uniquely typed Pokémon, and Ghost/Flying is unique! I love using this guy. I've used him one on my Pearl save and he is formidable given the correct move set. A Ghost Pokémon doesn't need Physical Defence as the trainer should know when to use it.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Oh, ummmmm, that... thing. xD

It was a cutie, right? I caught is fuuu-rst day in the Weendworks (Scary place o.O) xD

So aaanyway, I thought it could look cute and it was cool xD! Nice Payback move tooooo! xD

Sooo, I used it until about level... ummm... thirty-four, I guess xD! By then it became a big puffy balloon! xD

I thought... lemme take Bronzong insteaad xD! Yes, it's so big and strong! And since then, I said to the Drif... Blim, yes, "Toodles!" xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
No I didn't catch it, not on my first playthrough anyway.

I don't think it was near Friday when I went through that area. (it was probably a saturday or sunday) I'd love to train one on a team though. Maybe it will be available in the XY regional pokedex.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I caught it :) and it gave my whole team PokeRUS! So yay~ First time encountering PokeRUS xD

Didn't use it, though, except to spread the virus.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
I caught it, named it Balloon, and used it for a while. It's in my PC box at the moment though. :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I have caught it everytime I play D/P/Pt because I need it to fill the dex, but I never used Drifloon/Drifblim in in-game nor competitively.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I have it, yes. Evolved mine for Drifblim's Pokedex entry, back when I actually cared about completing my Pokedex.

Now I occasionally soft reset for a shiny Drifloon because it's a pretty cool shiny. {:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
I've caught it, but never used it on my team or even evolved it. :P

Years
If I remember to play every Friday, I go back and catch it multiple times, just like Friday's Lapras in HGSS.
In one save file, I DID use the Drifloon/Drifblim, because the times I managed to get it conveniently before moving on to Eterna City, and I didn't have a Flying type at the time. It was actually pretty useful and can be very tough in battle when used effectively!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I sadly only caught it and it never exited my PC for a long time.
I just found no use for it, as Gastly made a better Ghost-type in the long run, and Starly and it's evolved forms made a better Flying-type companion in my opinion. Sure, it's a good option on its own, but not when you have either of the previously mentioned Pokemon.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
In one playthrough I did catch it with the intent on using it as a team member. Alas, it didn't fit my teams chemistry and was subsequently boxed for the remainder of the game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I always try to catch it, but usually only if I'm in the area on a Friday. Once used it on my team, but I gotta be honest I'm not a fan of Drifloon/Drifblim. They have decent stats but rubbish design.

Back