• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity - The Chat Room

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
I wonder if this is the right place to post this... oh well. Anyway, I'm making a suggestion for the PokeCommunity - how about we add a chat room? At least that way we'll be able to keep in communication with each other a little better, and keep the community fresh. Plus, more ways to keep in contact means a closer community.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but what do you guys think?

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
Years
I think it is a great idea, but it won't happen, I'm afraid. =\

Ian (ash_pikachu_93 or whatever) is affiliated with PC with his chan #free_pokemon, so it is supposed to be the chat room for PC (even if hardly no one talks in there, and when they do, it's to download an ep or movie), so it doesn't really make sense to make two chat rooms.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
I can't go to anything because my activation code hasn't come in my email and it's driving me crazy and is anyone on line? I'm new and want someone to talk to!! :D

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
There's hardly anyone on the #Free_Pokemon channel that post here anyway, and besides, some of the younger members especially probably won't know how to use IRC properly. Somewhere based on a linkable website would be an easier place to host a chat.

And you said it yourself, no-one hardly chats in there. I know how quiet it can get, there's very little conversation period. At least if the chat was easier to get into then it would encourage more people to chat in there, and thus there would be more conversation.

Castrainer

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 8, 2006
Im young and I know how to opperate IRC Perfectly =p
But a Chat Idea would be really neat! There are lots of Chat Makers, like www.bravenet.com and others... Just a suggestion o.O;;

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
Years
Actually, Ian quit, even ask Kwesi, he told me when I asked why Ian wasn't admined

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
Pfft.

Download SysReset and install it. Open it. Type in the stuff it wants, and hit OK.

Type "/server irc.dejatoons.net" and wait for it to connect.

When it's connected, type "/join #free_pokemon"

It's not that hard - really. And we can always use more people in the room, without new people joining there is little chance for talking. =/

Rukario

Banned
Years
accually we have a javachat (uses irc / #free_pokemon) but since the version upgrades, we don't have the vB 'hack' yet to put it back up.. once thats available again, you'll find chat in the user menu above. (available as both a popup page or PC page)

Back