• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ゴンベ

Credit For Drew For The Avi.
Years
In my LG i evoled my kakuna into a beedrill at lv10
which it should have learned fury attack and it hasn't .. is my game fake?

Sunyshore

=^-^=
Years
^ Maybe you kept accidentally pressing the B button right after it had evolved?

That's the only answer I can make up. Though, I doubt that Beedrill couldn't learn Fury Attack in a fake game - don't they usually learn not only the moves they should but also even the moves they shouldn't in fake games?

Years
You need to activate the Network Machine on One Island. After you beat the Elite Four, go to One Island and Celio will ask you to get a Ruby from Mt. Ember. Once there, you'll find that Team Rocket was already there. Once you deal with them, you'll find an item called a "Ruby". Bring this back to Celio and he'll replace your tri-pass with a Rainbow pass which will allow you to travel to the remaining 4 islands of the Sevii Islands. Go to the 4th island and you'll find Team Rocket harrassing the local Ice Pokemon. You'll then "team up" with Lorelei and ruin their scheme (step may not be necessary). Now you go to the sixth island. From here head south until you are at a door with dots on it. Use Cut on the door and it will open. I forget the order, but then there will be a sign with dots on it surrounded by 4 holes north, south, east, and west of it. If the sign has 2 characters, go UP, 4 either go LEFT or DOWN, 5 go RIGHT. It pretty much corresponds with the amount of letters in the direction. Now you will find the "Sapphire" item. However, Team Rocket steals the sapphire from you and you have to track them down at their Rocket warehouse on the fifth island. Beat them, and you'll get the sapphire back. Bring this item back to Celio and he'll establish a connection to Hoenn. You can now trade with Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Does this help or should I elaborate more?

Gold95

Am I really...? Gold?
Years
hey I have a question
Today I traded a Charmander with a Mankey with the help of VBA Link and when I use it for a battle it tells Charmander Gained A Boosted EXP. Points, has it got PokéRus???

and I used two VBA's, IIRC the Charmander battled a Rattata before I traded it, did it get PokéRus from that??

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
Years
Hey!

Earlier in the threads...

Someone mentioned about the UMBREON things....

Well, i already have an Umbreon... I traded it. :)

Now here's the thing...

What about ESPEON ?

What about it? How do you evolve it???

Just confirming :)...

P.S. = Only 207 more to complete my PokeDex! :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
hey I have a question
Today I traded a Charmander with a Mankey with the help of VBA Link and when I use it for a battle it tells Charmander Gained A Boosted EXP. Points, has it got PokéRus???

and I used two VBA's, IIRC the Charmander battled a Rattata before I traded it, did it get PokéRus from that??
No, traded Pokémon gain 50% more Exp. It's nothing to do with PokéRus.
Hey!

Earlier in the threads...

Someone mentioned about the UMBREON things....

Well, i already have an Umbreon... I traded it. :)

Now here's the thing...

What about ESPEON ?

What about it? How do you evolve it???

Just confirming :)...

P.S. = Only 207 more to complete my PokeDex! :)

It evolves into Umbreon similarly to Espeon; level-up at max happiness at night time. I'm not 100% sure on what's counted as night time in R/S/E, though, so try saving it, evolving it, and if it evolves into Espeon, reset and wait 12 hours before evolving it.

Years
I'm not 100% sure on what's counted as night time in R/S/E, though, so try saving it, evolving it, and if it evolves into Espeon, reset and wait 12 hours before evolving it.

Just so you know, the time you set at the beginning of the game determines if it is night or day. If you forget, just check the clock in your or the professor's assistant's room.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2009
hey I have a question

No, it is not pokerus. Traded pokemon( meaning pokemon that have a different id no. than your own gets boosted EXP.

Pokerus- the pokerus is a rare virus that gives pokemon double Effort values (EVs) you do know what EVs are right? if you dont then here http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

Last edited:

Gold95

Am I really...? Gold?
Years
thanks very much i have another question...
the Charmander doesn't obey me, is it because that I have no badges??
and
is trading in computer just like cheating??

Years
If it is over lv. 10, then yes. You need badges for traded Pokemon to obey. The badges allow traded Pokemon up to certain levels to obey without question. I believe it's up to lv. 10 for the first, 30 for the third, 50 for the fifth, 70 for the seventh, and all for the eighth.

Trading between two ROMs on a computer isn't considered cheating unless you're doing some kind of challenge that prohibits it.

Years
After getting the Scanner on the Abandoned ship and giving it to Captain Stern in Slateport, he will offer you one the two items of DeepSeaTooth or DeepSeaScale. You can only choose one so choose wisely.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2009
I just restarted my Emerald game and want to finish it all the way through quickly as possible (just up to beating the E4)

But I haven't played in ages, so can anyone tell me the "best" starter Pokemon to choose? This is only for beating the game fast and easily.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
You can beat the game with any of them.

Treecko is generally the best one at the beginning, but it gets pretty weak at the end; Blaziken is powerful, but Swampert is more tanky.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2009
Thanks, I ended up choosing Mudkip =/

Relaxed nature; is that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back