• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Actually, to me, its sounds closer to Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor.
Apparently, it's a well used concept xD

I'm not sure either about the number of RPs I can handle. Depends on the type of RPs too. At the moment I am active in Rockets Rising (and doubling as GM) and GMing Kanto Rewinded, plus waiting for Inner Animal to start. And I guess I'm still in Ye Pokebeast Journeye, but I don't have much to write about there atm.
And my current situation works.

Also, nice RP post Skymin xD I love Flynn already and can't wait to see Rhea and him interact. //this should be in the OOC thread >.>'

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
And I don't remember, like, any spell from Harry Potter xD Except for Wingardium Leviosa. Can't ever forget that one.

AVADA KEDAVRA! /runssssss

Rhea will be like "hi" and then she'll just take out a book and read or something :> This fleshed out to form more than one paragraph, obviously (I hate doing the bare minimum unless there's no other option ><'). /also should be in OOC

And actually, now that I think about it, I dunno how many RPs I'll be able to manage while in school. Probably plenty, since for an all-girl's Catholic school the homework load isn't too unbearable, and I doubt it'll change much now that I'm a senior.

Years
I've seen a whole forum dedicated to such before. D:<
*gasps* What in the name of Arceus!! Well, are they successful? If they are, we must strive to make our own PokeCommunity RPs successful!!! :D

it's rather true that RPs that are surrounding schools rise the chance of being one-liners, because two RPers keep talking to one another, and they don't have much to do (or do they? maybe describing more would help but i don't see too much of those) and so one-lining appears.
Exactly, my dear brother. :3 Sometimes I've read students battling each other, and there's an abundance of two or three liners. :s

Relating back to the current topic, as a student in a country where the education system is VERY competitive (which is why I so dearly wanna migrate to the States or somewhere else, like maybe Australia etc), schedules can be undesirable and really really downright BAD and S**TTY(oopsies)! And frustrating to the point that I might be balding before 60. xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Also, nice RP post Skymin xD I love Flynn already and can't wait to see Rhea and him interact. //this should be in the OOC thread >.>'
Oh, just wait until Flynn starts actually TALKING to people. Step one; "you're taller than me!" step two; "i havent even seen my pokemon yet baw baw baw." step three; "there are so many TREES here, pewter city is full of rocks."

HE WILL BE VERBALLY MURDERED hopefully. I want to make him an annoying little 12 year old. GREAT!

OKAY I'LL START.. POSTING IN THE OOC.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Relating back to the current topic, as a student in a country where the education system is VERY competitive (which is why I so dearly wanna migrate to the States or somewhere else, like maybe Australia etc), schedules can be undesirable and really really downright BAD and S**TTY(oopsies)! And frustrating to the point that I might be balding before 60. xD

We're talking about school now? *gets instant headache*

Whats so special about America? D: I'm ashamed to live there, because all of those stereotypes are somewhat true... ;~;

- We have bad education(schools here aren't strict enough)
- Our breathe stinks of hotdogs and other fat foods(...well, at least mine does)
- We're lazy(COUCH POTATOES FTW) < kay maybe not that one. But yeah, you get it. :I

Thats where the Asian Stereotypes came in, because your ALL SO EFFING SMART
I can always remember all the new foreigners coming to our school. Each of them became straight A students in the matter of a week. >_>
I asked one of them if they studied hard for the test they just Aced...

"No, we just know everything already"
MOTHERFU-

Years
I can always remember all the new foreigners coming to our school. Each of them became straight A students in the matter of a week. >_>

MOTHERFU-
^ That is one of the reasons why. XD So I don't have to cram books, mug and study so so hard. And I can use the time to RP and be more active on PC. Plus, my future will be more broader without all the restrictions going on in my country and the cost of living wouldn't be rocket-high. x_x *sighs*

Now, I wonder, whether there's a real job as being a roleplayer. Job as in a position that pays one money, that kind of occupation. I think it would be lovely and fits me. And most of us here. :3

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I've been through both asian and american schools.

I was star student in America, average in Asia :S

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
- Our breathe stinks of hotdogs and other fat foods(...well, at least mine does)
- We're lazy(COUCH POTATOES FTW) < kay maybe not that one. But yeah, you get it. :I

None of this is true where I go to school. But like I said, I attend an all-girl's Catholic school. I mean some Catholic schools aren't that great but my school has good education, we get Italian food for lunch, and other than having to walk up three flights of stairs every so often (we're lucky if it's less than that) a lot of the girls I know are athletic.

There aren't many Asians at my school, either, though one of them is more artistic than she is intelligent (unless you don't count intelligent as "being in all the advanced classes"--she was in three of my classes, two of those not being Honors or AP courses, one of them being Honors Algebra II instead of Pre-Calc. or Calc.).

I wonder if any of my friends there would have an interest in RPing.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Whats so special about America? D: I'm ashamed to live there, because all of those stereotypes are somewhat true... ;~;

I am going to respectfully disagree with most of that and be the one to defend America (and not because I love this country oh so much).

1. Our education system is slightly underrated. For the most part our schools are pretty good and do the best they can. The main reason why so many people criticize our education system is because its not uniform like countries in Europe or Asia. It's controlled by the individual states, so therefore its more dependent on the local system and the students to do what they can. Personally, I had a good education with decent teachers and good classes. In fact, it was good enough to get into Honors classes. If you get into those, the education is great.

2. The quality of breath depends where you live. Some places are worse than others.

3. Americans can be very lazy. That much is true.

Now, I wonder, whether there's a real job as being a roleplayer. Job as in a position that pays one money, that kind of occupation. I think it would be lovely and fits me. And most of us here. :3

From my experience, its called being a writer and you get paid by writing books and/or short stories XP

None of this is true where I go to school. But like I said, I attend an all-girl's Catholic school. I mean some Catholic schools aren't that great but my school has good education, we get Italian food for lunch, and other than having to walk up three flights of stairs every so often (we're lucky if it's less than that) a lot of the girls I know are athletic.

There aren't many Asians at my school, either, though one of them is more artistic than she is intelligent (unless you don't count intelligent as "being in all the advanced classes"--she was in three of my classes, two of those not being Honors or AP courses, one of them being Honors Algebra II instead of Pre-Calc. or Calc.).

My high school days were very similar to this, except I went to public school. Our cafeteria was terrible but the classes were good.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
We're talking about school now? *gets instant headache*

MOTHERFU-

1. Well, I'll agree with Raikiri. My school is great :3 I'm in all advanced classes and I know a kid that had to go to the Sr. High for math, so he was doing math that teh regular kids wouldn't do for three or four years.

2. ...Yeah, that's your problem X3

3. I can agree with that -.^

@Raikiri - My lunches are actually good ;P

When did school become the subject...?

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
1. My school is pretty fun, and it contains a good number of A students(not all asians)

2. Thats all you, friend XP

3. We are lazy, and that's what makes this country gre-*shot* I mean, we can be lazy, but we have our moments. =/

I don't like school =.= change el subjecto

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I agree. Let's talk about school and stuff in the Daily Chit Chat thread over in OC instead, and keep this thread related to RPing.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
All right... Sort of changing the topic...

My new RP... Protectors of Hoenn...

Opinions/ Comments?

Kay11190

The Drifter
Years
Umm I just have a question. The Rp I'm working on I mentioned a few pages back but since last night I have come up with a character I think will push the rating of my Rp up. This character is well, somewhat psychotic, as he his intent to torture and kill at the sight of blood. He is the only character in the Rp I would consider very violent. However there will be mention of blood, but nothing gory. SO the question is what should I rate this this rp?

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2011
Umm I just have a question. The Rp I'm working on I mentioned a few pages back but since last night I have come up with a character I think will push the rating of my Rp up. This character is well, somewhat psychotic, as he his intent to torture and kill at the sight of blood. He is the only character in the Rp I would consider very violent. However there will be mention of blood, but nothing gory. SO the question is what should I rate this this rp?

Rate it T if there's talk about violence but no real descriptions of it happening, I'd say.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
If it's somewhat FT-based then it should be T. After all Funimation is giving the series a TV-14 rating like it did Soul Eater which makes me happy but that's besides the point.

Kay11190

The Drifter
Years
Well that's the thing, It just has the Fairy tail feel to the world, and same goes for the basic concept of magic use. I think the best to say it is this characters violence, will be showcased, at least once anyway. As far as other violence goes, I lean more toawrd the Soul Eater, or typical non dubbed anime, where blood can be shown or described but not with gore.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Hm, since I've suddenly latched on to the idea of a Deadly Sin role-play me and my friend are formulating a plot now. We might put in the Seven Heavenly Virtues too, but this means I have to do research, lol. Regardless, I'll post it here for review once friend and I can think of a plot for it. XD

Years
From my experience, its called being a writer and you get paid by writing books and/or short stories XP
I have a slight disagreement. The difference between roleplaying and writing is that roleplaying requires more than one person.

Now, I'm wondering about RP plots. The PQ has just embarked on a new mission of making another RP, this time, it is I who's callin' the shots. X3 /refuses to say anything more -^u^-

I've a rough skin for a RP based off the X-Men series. I'm thinking maybe shoving it in the time lapses between First Class and the two oldest/earliest movies. Anyone seems interested in a X-Men RP with mutant powers and chi-cha hoohah? XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I had a cool idea for an RP, I think I mentioned it before? Well, the idea was for a novel at first, but about a team of knights who save the world and stuff. The armor falls to an island and a group of people randomly find it and become trapped into this suit and they can only escape from it by completing a certain task. Or subdue it at least. The armor would grow on the skin like a fungus. Starting from the arm, then spreading.

It's really sad, because this series called Xam'd: Lost Memories provides so much inspiration and material. But it's so good! If anyone was to watch it, they would see a lot of story elements from it incorporated into Broken. I suggest everyone to watch it though!

Okay, going off that, I have a new question for everyone!

What do you use for inspiration for the storyline in your roleplays or characters?

I have a slight disagreement. The difference between roleplaying and writing is that roleplaying requires more than one person.
Collaborative story writing! Some authors do it, writing a chapter a piece or something. It's not very common, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back