• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite music genre!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I'm curious, who and what type of music does everyone listen to on here?

I myself have a wide variety! The main music genres I listen to are: Hardcore, Post-Hardcore, Rock, Electronicore, Reggaeton, Hip-Hop and R&B.

How about you?

Last edited by a moderator:

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I have a strong distaste for basing music on it's genre. Good music is good music, period. When you adopt a mindset like that... you prevent yourself from enjoying that type of music. I'm not saying that you have to like everything... but if someone is out there doing their thing and being successful, I give 'em some props for that, they deserve respect.

I tend to listen to more rock/punk rock/alternative music, but that isn't by much--my tastes are pretty spread across the board.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This is discussing music, so I'm going to move it over to General Entertainment. Before I do though, I'm going to amend it to being just about music genre rather than artists, because there is already a thread there asking for people's favourite songs and artists :)

Brizz

TM87
Years
I have a strong distaste for basing music on it's genre. Good music is good music, period. When you adopt a mindset like that... you prevent yourself from enjoying that type of music. I'm not saying that you have to like everything... but if someone is out there doing their thing and being successful, I give 'em some props for that, they deserve respect.

This. I like music from almost every genre out there so I can't say "oh I only like these two genres and nothing else". Although I can tell you that the majority of the music that I do listen to is Hip Hop/Rap.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I don't have a favorite genre per se, but there are those that I prefer over others. Pop music and indie music are two that I like. A lot of stuff these days seems like a mix between the two which I like. Rock and most of its sublevels aren't so bad either.

Years
Depends on the mood I'm in.

Mainly post-hardcore and dubstep. Although I do like hard rock, some pop, and most types of EDM.

Sir Codin

Metal. I've been listening to a lot of black metal lately, but most kinds of real metal will do.

However, sometimes I'll listen to some classical, classic rock, progressive rock, downtempo, drum & bass, hardcore punk, and ambient. Other than that, video game soundtracks.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Rock is my main music genre, but most times I pretty much don't care what kind of music I listen to. If the song is good, the song is good, basically. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Depends on my mood. Right now, I'm in a rock mood. That includes the sub-genres and whatnot. Whatever you consider to be heavy, I guess? Just not heavy to the point where the songs are screaming in a horrible scratchy voice the entire time.

Before that, I was in a mood for rap, and before that country, and before that folk, and before that pop.

Years
I tend to gravitate towards alternative, hard rock, and/or metal as my default, I guess. Usually when I just want to listen to music in general, I'll go listen to one or more of those. I need something with a strong beat I suppose.

Now, I have no problems with listening to songs from other genres if I like their sound - although things in the country and rap categories I still tend to shy away from, admittedly - though I don't tend to actively go look for them (either I'll stumble upon them from something random, or someone will send stuff to me to listen).

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I don't tend to have a favourite genre to be honest, I'd say perhaps pop, but I usually just listen to whatever seems to catch my fancy.

Years
Dance, Pop and Rock for me, or basically any song that gets my attention.

Actually, I like all genres except for Classical and Country.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
My mindset isn't really set on one music genre. I like everything, from classical to heavy metal.

But I find myself listening mostly to rap and rock & roll.

But if a song catches my hear and I like it, I don't care what kind of music genre it is, if it's good, I'll listen to it.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Mostly instrumental, regardless of the genre. I find I like listening to music more than I enjoy listening to someone sing, unless the singing could be considered an additional "instrument" to the song. There are some exceptions from the 80's and 90's, of course.

Generally speaking, though, I don't necessarily care for any flagrant negativity in songs, I'll shut that stuff off so fast...

Also, game music. But I lump that into instrumental, because that's what it is.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
.........Pop, lol. You know, Britney, Madonna, Marina etc. I'm open to everything but yeah, I suppose I fall under the stereotypical homosexual label in this one, lol.

Years
A while ago I'd have said 'Progressive House', but now I simply can't say. Music as a whole appeals to me (of course not ALL music, but a damn lot of it). Primarily I guess I like electronic music (some deadmau5, Skrillex, Swedish House Mafia, Tiesto, Nicky Romero, Nero, Camo & Krooked, I'll stop now) but certain bands/artists just give me goosebumps (like Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Mumford & Sons, Kings of Leon, etc). To be fair, my first set of examples are pretty much worlds apart from the second, so I can safely say it's too hard to settle on the one genre.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
The type of music I listen to mainly ranges from post-hardcore, metalcore, death metal, deathcore, etc. I don't exactly prefer the older 80's/90's metal, but whenever I put Music Choice: Metal on on the TV, it'll play some of that and I'll listen to it no problem, usually. I could never get into earlier metal because when I started listening to heavier music, it was what people usually classify as "screamo," so that's what I'm used to/prefer more often than not.

I occasionally listen to acoustic songs and dubstep, and there are very few rap, pop, etc. songs that I enjoy. I usually can't stand any other genre of music because it just gives me a headache, but there are some songs that I do enjoy - E.T. by Katy Perry, Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 by Hopsin, Somebody that I Used to Know by Goyte; those are some examples of songs I like that are from different genres.

Back