• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever the Pikachu Race

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Cosmotone8, what you just said there is like saying the internet should shut down forever to prevent any natural disasters from happening.

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021

Not that I hate Pikachu, but I definitely think it is overrated and overused.

Adin Terim

Absolutely Insane
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021

Mostly fanfiction, I've seen a ton of PMD stories where the protagonist is turned into Pikachu or a Pichu. Come people there a literally hundreds of different pokemon available to choose from and you choose the title character from the anime :/

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I understand. But the worst thing about the new PMD is the severe lack of Pokemon. To make things worse, most of my favourites aren't included!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I agree that Pikachu is indeed adorable, but I think the huge amount of love it generates is incredibly undeserved - it just isn't that special of a Pokémon to me, I don't get what puts it above 99% of other Pokémon to warrant global adoration XD

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Haterz 4 da win! But yeah, srsly so much of the rat?

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016

I honestly don't get why this Pokémon is so popular. Any Pokémon could actually be made popular by the anime... And out of all the original 151 they had to choose, they chose PIKACHU?! Seriously? And even worse, they still didn't get rid of it by evolving it! 17 years (18 soon) of seeing the same Pokémon... Very repetitive IMO.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

You expect Pikachu haters are gonna win this with me on the Pikachu lovers side? The man who made Hikari lose and quit on her winning streak on Birthday Race? You mortals make me laugh! >=D

Back