• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Username: Maniacal Lemon
Game: Crystal
Rules: No duplicates allowed, trading to evolve is allowed, nicknaming.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
UPDATE 1
Spoiler:

The Team:
394.gif

Polaris the Prinplup
Serious nature
Level 31
-Bubblebeam
-Peck
-Bubble
-Metal Claw
397.gif

Jay the Staravia
Level 31
Jolly nature
-Aerial Ace
-Double Team
-Quick Attack
-Defog
068.gif

Smash the Machamp
Level 30
Bashful nature
-Rock Smash
-Revenge
-Vital Throw
-Karate Chop
233.gif

Microsoft the Porygon2
Level 27
Impish nature
-Psybeam
-Agility
-Recover
-Magnet Rise
399.gif

Derp the Bidoof
Timid nature
-Tackle
-Cut
-Rock Smash
-Rollout

Last edited:

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
Update!

-Obtained an oshawott (Davos) in Nuvema Town
-Beat Bianca
-Beat Cheren
-Caught a lilipup (Sandor) near Route 1.
-Beat N in Accumula Town
-Caught a patrat (Littlefngr) near Route 2
-Fought Bianca again. A crit from her tepig killed Littlefngr :(
-Fought Cheren in the classroom and won
-Obtained pansear (Aerys) in the dreamyard

Now just grinding a bit locally before I take on the gym with my rules.

Current Team: Davos lvl 10 Sandor lvl 10 Aerys lvl 10
R.I.P: Littlefngr lvl 6

Midnyte

Pokerus Failure, Newish PCer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Platinum Nuzlocke: Update 1

-Named character Nika
-Got through storyline stuff, chose a Turtwig which I nicknamed Lief on reaching Sandgem
-Beat the pumpernickel out of my rival Alex's Chimchar
-Reached Sandgem Town, got my Pokedex
-After telling my mom the news (oh the glorious news), I re-learned the basics of Poke Balls. Caught a Shinx which I nicknamed Sparkie on Route 202
-Saved game and began playing something else

My Team:

Lief (Turtwig)
Lv. 6
Careful, male
Moves: Tackle, Withdraw (Oh how amazing I am)

Sparkie
Lv. 3
Rash, female
Moves: Tackle (.....Yeeeah....)

Forgot to say Sparkie was a Shinx, but I suppose I don't need to mention that.

Trainer: Nika
Game: Platinum
Rival: Alex

-Delivered the parcel thingy and beat both of those annoying school kids
-Bought Potions
-Got a Poketch
-Beat Alex yet again (with some difficulty; his Starly spammed Growl as usual)
-Cleared a path through most of the trainers on the way to Oreburgh City; earned Rock Smash
-Found Roark. Lief single-handedly smashed the Gym into oblivion (while I repeatedly switched in Sparkie despite Stealth Rock to earn her some EXP). Earned the Coal Badge
-Beat the only trainer left on the way back to Jubilife City, won the TG double battle
-Healed Pokemon, bought more Potions, saved game

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I'm going to try this on Red.

Username: pleryt16
Game: Red
Optional Rules: Nickname All Pokemon

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Username: IceFyr1928
Game: Black
Limit 5 pkmn centers per town & 5 poke balls per mart. First pokèmOn per area. No duplicates. Evolution will be allowed. Only six pkmn, once I reach 7, i will release the oldest one. However, i will be keeping the starter. No "revives" either. May the challenge commence!

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Okay here's my first update.

Started Game, Named myself Stephen, Rival Wayne
Chose Bulbasaur (Kally)
Delivered Parcel
Caught a Pidgey (Sally) on Route 1
Killed a Rattata on Route 22
Caught a Weedle (Gangster) on Route 2
Sally died while training up Gangster
Killed a Kakuna in Viridian Forest
Caught a Rattata (Fladoodles) outside of Viridian Forest
Annihilated Brock with Kally
Gangster died to a Weedle
Killed a Jigglypuff on Route 3

Team:
Kally (Bulbasaur) Level 15

Vine Whip
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed

Fladoodles (Rattata) Level 14
Hyper Fang
Quick Attack
Tackle
Tail Whip

RIP:
Spoiler:

EDIT:
Just Beat Lt. Surge

I caught a Zubat in Mt. Moon, named Xylophone, BOXED
Caught a Spearow on Route 4, named Beaky
Destroyed Misty with Kally
Wayne Killed Beaky and Fladoodles
Route 24 Killed a Kakuna
Route 25 Abra fled from battle
Route 5 Caught Oddish, Named Leafy, BOXED
Route 6 Caught Oddish, Named Leafy Two, BOXED
Vermillion City, Caught Magikarp, named Ballsy
Digglets Cave, Critical Hitted a Digglett, died.
Route 11, Caught Drowzee, called Hippie
Drowzee died to something, can't remember.
Ballsy died as a Gyarados to Wayne's Kadabra.
Got out Leafy for cut
Destroyed Lt. Surge with a Venusaur's Razor Leaf.
Now on my way to Rock Tunnel or whatever its called.

Team:
Kally (Venusaur) Level 32
Razor Leaf
Tackle
Poison Powder
Leecch Seed

RIP:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Midnyte

Pokerus Failure, Newish PCer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Final Platinum Nuzlocke Thingy

I failed. Miserably.

Caught an unusually underleveled Starly on Route 204, which I nicknamed Twitter. Did all the stuff in Floaroma Town, eventually evolving all three of my Pokemon. Beat Gardenia (at the cost of Lief's life). Eventually blacked out against Jupiter.

Sparkie (Luxio): Female, Level 3-20 (Jupiter's Skuntank)
Bite
Leer
Charge
Spark

Twitter (Staravia): Female, Level 4-20 (Jupiter's Skuntank)
Double Team
Growl
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

Lief (Grotle): Male, Level 5-19 (Gardenia's Roserade)
Razor Leaf
Withdraw
Absorb
Rock Smash

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Oe Noes!!!!!! Game over @ route 3!

Rip:
LOLZ!!!!!! the Patrat
Chippz the Snivy
IEATMAUSES the Purrloin
Sparky the Blitzle
WavezXD the Panpour
(don't know how to spoiler)

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Second Platinum Update

Second update. By the way guys, for these runs, I'd recommend training up 3 or 4 Pokemon to be much stronger than anything else at first, although You'll want 6 Pokemon for the E4. Why? There's a much less of a chance of you losing someone. Also, it's easier to grind 3 or 4 Pokemon than 6, so you'll have higher levels throughout the game until the E4. I did this strategy up until the E4 for Sapphire and Black up until the 8th gym, and it worked fairly well. Now, onto the update.

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Box:
Spoiler:

The Fallen:
Spoiler:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Well, I got up to Sabrina, and she completely wiped me out. So, I have 3 in the PC, but I'm not training them up. I'll restart on Red again.

I thought I should update. This is going much easier than it was last time.

Spoiler:

And thats where I am at.

Team:
Pikachu the level 36 Charizard
Slash
Ember
Dig
Mega Punch

Gyarados the level 37 Fearow

Drill Peck
Mirror Move
Fury Attack
Leer

Rapidash the level 36 Primeape

Counter
Karate Chop
Scratch
Rock Slide

Porygon the level 36 Nidoking
Thrash
Bubblebeam
Poison Sting
Horn Attack

Gengar the level 26 Vaporeon

Tackle
Sand Attack
Ice Beam

Butterfree the level 30 Hitmonchan

Comet Punch
Agility

The Deceased:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
Update 7

OK I really have not done any thing other than level up a few Pokemon lose two Pokemon and replace two Pokemon. When i arrived at Skyla's town (i cant spell it) i went to route 7 caught a Cubchoo (named Frosty) and sent it to the Pc, then Hothead died at the hands of a wild Zebrastrika which was an accident, i was meant to send out Splinter but i hit hothead and did not pay attention so i sent him to his death and lost a Pokemon i actually liked. So i went to the PC and dumped Hothead and got Frosty. I then lost Bambi in a wild Pokemon battle which i did not mind and went to the tower caught a litwick (named it Inferno) and continued to level up a bit and saved it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thoughts as of yet.
My favorite Pokemon on my team fainted due to a stupid accident but i have to move on i was lucky enough to replace him with another fire type which was good but yeah not exactly thrilled about this challenge and i cant wait till i finish the gen 5 Pokemon are not really that good in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Gonna challenge up.

Username: Infersaime
Game: Firered

Optional rules:
-Nickname all pokemanz

Also I'm LPing it on my channel does that counts as updating my challenge?

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
Update 1
started with bulbasaur
went to viridian city
Got oaks parcel and delivered it to prof oak
Went to viridian and caught a nidoran on route 22
level grinded to level 10

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Username: o Pikachu o
Game: Emerald

Optional Rules :
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.

I'm guessing I won't even get past the 4th gym...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
Hey everyone I got 8 badges and headed to victory road i made it all the way to the elite four and wiped out fighting the 3rd member and i don't really feel like playing all over again I am calling this challenge as a failure. I am going to give up challenges for a while but i will be back

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Oh, I think I'll do this on my black version! :D I'll even do a comic and everything! :D

UserName: Boleslave
Game: Black

I'll update ASAP!

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Ze Third Update

I have my third update ready to go.

UPDATE:
Spoiler:

TEAM:
Spoiler:

THE BOX:
Spoiler:

THE DEAD:
Spoiler:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Heres my next update.

• Swimmy handled Blaine's gym well.
  • After I beat the gym, I get taken by bill to the islands. (One island, two island, and three island) I'm a little fuzzy on the details on what happened here since I did everything as fast as possible (I did NOT want to be here) Here's what I remember.
  • Bill takes me to one island and tells me to go do some stuff at two island
  • I go to two island and then get told to do some stuff at three island by bills friend. (At this point, I was very annoyed)
  • I go to three island and battled some trainers
  • While heading to berry forest, I kill some random pokemon on bond bridge( I can't remember what it was)
  • When I arrived at berry forest on three island, I use repels the whole way so I can catch the Hypno at the end. ( I was successful)
  • Once I do everything bill wanted me to do, he takes me back to Cinnabar Island
  • Once back on Cinnabar, I fly to Viridian City for the final gym battle
  • I decide to battle some random guy at the gym so I can judge the strength of the gym and end up losing Weed in the process
  • I leave the gym in anger since Weed died and decided to go train
Update

• I decide to train around route 19 and 20 since there was still plenty of trainers over there
  • In both route 19 and 20, I encounter low level tentacuel and decide not to catch them
  • In the seafoam islands, I encounter a zubat. Really? Then I remember that Articuno is inside and curse myself
  • I decide to head back to the Viridian Gym and and see how I fare this time. I will not take any unnessary risks and will head back to train if needed
  • I don't know where I will train if my pokemon are too low leveled for the gym. There's still some trainers around route 21 but that's pretty much it. Maybe I will go visit One, Two, and Three Island
Update

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! SWIMMY!!!

Here's what happened. First, everything is going great in the Viridian City Gym, with Psychidelic, Swimmy, and Plant doing all the work. Then, I start battling a trainer with a level 43 Rhyhorn, Psychidelic was leading and at level 33 and no type advantage, I decide Swimmy is much better qualified for this since he knew Ice Beam and Surf. So i shift in Swimmy and guess what the Rhyhorn uses. Horn Drill. The moment I saw those words, I was horrified, desperatly hoping it would miss. It didn't. The move landed and scored a One-Hit KO. I flipped and sent out Plant since he was the only one who could defeat the Rhyhorn in one attack. Rhyhorn was defeated and Psychidelic leveled up. Whoopie. I said I wasn't going to take any risks but forgot about the fact that Rhyhorns can learn Horn Drill. Sea Dragon the Gyarados will most likely replace Swimmy's spot.
R.I.P Swimmy

Update

I managed to defeat the rest of the trainers in the gym without another death.
The rest of this update will mostly focus on the battle with Giovanni.

Plant leads in the battle and was a good thing too since Giovanni's first pokemon was a level 45 Rhyhorn. I quickly defeat the Rhyhorn with a Giga Drain. Giovanni sends out his next pokemon, another Rhyhorn, but level 50. I keep in Plant and defeat the Rhyhorn, once again, with Giga Drain. I won't lose another pokemon to Horn Drill. He's about to send out Dugtrio, so I shift in Sea Dragon. If things go bad, Plant is going right back in. Level 42. Pretty strong except Sea Dragon's Intimidate cuts his attack and it seems he can only use Slash since Sea Dragon is part Flying type. The first Surf leaves Dugtrio with a sliver of HP. Giovanni quickly uses a Hyper Potion, but it is not enough. The second Surf takes him out completly. Nidoqueen is next. I ponder who to send in. Sea dragon took out a Nidoqueen earlier, but this one will likely be much stronger, so I send out Plant. The Nidoqueen is level 44. Not too strong, but I won't risk Sea Dragon. Plant uses Giga Drain which doesn't even get Nidoqueen in the yellow. Nidoqueen then uses Earthquake which does minor damage. I decide to use Solar Beam to hopefully end it. Plant gathers light while Nidoqueen used Earthquake again. Plant survives, but Nidoqueen does not. Plant then levels up to level 50. Nidoking is his next pokemon. While Plant is hurt, he's the only one who I trust to not die from one hit from Giovanni's pokemon. I use Giga Drain to get some HP back. It's the same thing with Nidoqueen. It doesn't get it in the yellow and Nidoking uses Earthquake. I decide Solar Beam is the best option and I'm rewarded with a defeated Nidoking. Nidoking was his last pokemon. I won! And with no losses in the battle. It's a shame Swimmy and Weed died in this gym, but there's nothing I can do now. I'm also rewared with TM26 Earthquake. The next stop, the Elite 4 and League Champion!

I will likely update in the same way I did now with each Elite 4 member and the champion. I'll probably do some training first. Let's hope I update soon!
Current Team
Spoiler:

Encounters
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

Deceased
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: Griever7x
Game: Fire Red
Additional rules: Only heal 5 times per Pokecenter, only purchase 10 items per market, can only use healing items during a battle, blackout is game over, release starter, no legendaries

Ookay, first update!
Spoiler:

So, my team looks like this now:
Rattata the RATTATA, lv 15
Killer Bee the BEEDRILL, lv 15
Papilia the BUTTERFREE, lv16
Spearow the SPEAROW, lv7
Neqoxec the ZUBAT, lv8
Next update, mt. moon and cerulean!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.