• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flirting

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The last flirting thread died on March 7th, so I thought I'd bring it back but in a kind of different way. In the DCC we are/were having an excellent conversation on the subject of flirting online and it got me thinking.

♦ How do you react to being flirted with IRL and/or online?
♦ Do you flirt online/IRL?
♦ Are you a serious flirt or a joking flirt?
♦ When is flirting creepy?

Have fun!

Honest

Hi!
Years

I usually play along. It also depends on the context, though. If it's someone who I don't know and randomly starts flirting, I'll just ignore the person cause, well, who are you? If it's someone I've talked to a bit, I'm more comfortable with it.

Lol, yes. People call me out on it all the time. :c

Always joking. If I actually liked someone that way (it's rare), I'll tend to be more serious with that person when it comes to the compliments. Or I'll just straight out admit I like them.

When it's sudden, out of nowhere, and from a complete stranger.

I totally knew someone was going to make this thread when I saw the DCC :I

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years

Uncomfortable. I've been in a healthy relationship for six years (met the person online, too!) and make it well-known to people. As for IRL with customers or strangers, it's more of a "wtf" moment for me, especially at work. In fact, I find it more insulting than flattering because of how inappropriate it is to flirt with someone in a relationship or who's simply cashing out your order. I'm not "easy," and I'm not interested.

No. It's inappropriate when you're in a relationship. I met my boyfriend when I was 14/15; prior to that, I was interested in someone in my class (and had been for three years) and made a little drawing (note, I was 11) of us getting married. His parents called the principal and there was an "intervention" for that. Two years later, turns out he's homosexual and that picture had made him feel uncomfortable.

Sometimes, people think how nice I am = flirting. I make it very clear, though, that I'm not interested. I'm just polite. Until you tick me off. And keep ticking me off. And continue to tick me off, paying no heed to my incredible amount of patience. And then you do it one more time. Result: you die.

When teachers think it's OK to compliment how "pretty" you look with your hair down. Or when they start asking about your weekend plans, only to say that they're spending the day in bed with their wife. Or when someone passes you a magazine "spread" and thinks it's a good idea.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
-Depends on if it's online or offline. If online, then I'm creeped out and either warn them to shut up, or I just ignore list them. If offline, I'd just brush it off because I don't care.

-No.

-If it's online, it's always creepy, in my opinion.
Plenty of other circumstances in which it would be creepy, I'm sure, but I'm not going to bother listing them.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
IRL I flirt back and try to match the intensity, but online I pretend to be flattered while really not feeling much at all. It's so easy to flirt online that I'm desensitized to it.

A little of both every now and then, mainly as courtesy. If I sense that someone is flirting with me then I'll reciprocate, but I hardly ever initiate.

Joking, mainly. Serious flirting is difficult because I think that all flirting is cheesy. It's like a modern mating ritual.

When touching is involved. I'm not too big on touching people or being touched. Sure, I'll hug you or something, but please don't rest your hand on me.

Cavalreaper

Pokemon Breeder
Years

If it's clear that they're joking, I'll usually go along with it.

Only in a context where it's clear that I'm not serious.

Joking flirt.

When they continue to flirt even after you've expressed discomfort.

Years
What the heck is flirting? I don't think I know what it is/give an example >.< I don't know how to flirt. And I don't know how I got together with my girlfiend then if we didn't flirt... ugh I'm so clueless.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Oh my, flirting are we? I'll join you on it ;D

Uhh.. not really.. I mostly say nice things and people could think I'm flirting when my intention were the complete opposite :C

All jokes, all jokes! I keed, I keed!

Wanna see each other at 2am? Wanna share underwears? Can I smell your socks?!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Depends on the context. Usually I wouldn't mind it, but generally I'm way too modest for serious "complimentary" style flirting. Slightly-dirty comments, on the other hand, fluctuate between creepy and funny to me. Again, depending on the whos, whats, whens, and wheres.

Not really. I mean, in my opinion anyway. Some people view my enthusiasm and over embellishment as flirtatious, but really it's just my way of being nice. Nah, true flirting, is reserved for my boyfriend. :3

If at all, it would be joking and all in good fun. But I try not to put myself or anyone else in a compromising position, so I'll generally take a backseat until I'm absolutely positive about the details.

When it makes me feel uncomfortable, really. Which isn't as hard to as one would assume. And that's not reserved for just flirting. Pretty much anything can make me feel uncomfortable if there's too much of an agenda behind it, you know?

Hah, I guess I take it more seriously than I though. :c

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm oblivious to being flirted with in any context, so I don't pick up on it and I'm sure I come out of it looking quite rude lol. I also don't know how to flirt, so I could be flirting right now and be totally unaware of it.

Flirting is only creepy when it's either persistent and unreciprocated (or even persistent and reciprocated - even mutual flirting can be creepy to witness when it won't stop) or when it's mismatched i.e. a 55 year old man flirting with a 22 year old girl.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
spittingcerealguyplz.png

no-face-plz.png

seriously-meme_normal.jpg
?!
mother-of-god-meme-rage-face_reasonably_small.jpg

Never been into flirting. I don't want my life to be interrupted and I myself don't want to do that until the right time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm oblivious to flirting when people flirt with me. I've had it happen before when someone would flirt with me, and then when they go away a friend of mine (usually my best friend, Sarah) starts giggling and is like "She totally likes you!!" and I'm all "What?!?" and then she points out that she was flirting with me and I'm like "I just thought she was being nice." and I've had cases where I've apparently flirted with someone and she reacts that way too, to which I reply with "...I was just being nice, though."

Years

IRL - I'm usually just flattered (and surprised) and go along with it, but my perceptions are unlikely to change.
Online - If it is a person I actually know see above, if not I can tolerate small stuff but if you get weird I get annoyed.

IRL - I'm not as much of a flirt as I am online as I am IRL, but I'm a lot more confident behind a coputer screen. Not to say I'm not nice and complimentary though.
Online - Not with randoms, unless it is a joke. But with girls I know I am somewhat of a "suggestive joker" than a flirter since we both will likely know I have no intentions. But with girls I am actually interested in I tend to be a lot subtler and a lot more... romantic for want of a better word.

Both. If I seriously flirt with you though, it probably means I'd be happy to spend the rest of my life with you (at least at that point in time)... I get very attached.

When you get random people you have never met asking to go into crazy BDSM... one of many examples.

Fun fact - I'm not very perceptive of subtle flirting, but I usually prefer it.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Um idk tbh lol. Just, "wow thats great" probably happy since that means they think im beautiful right? Well, no, im not offended. Irl is harder to flirt since you meet up with the person face to face. Online its not that hard, you know why.
Nah, I dont only if i have a crush on someone
Idk probably joking i like to make ppl laugh xD
What Liljz said about want to meet me at 2 am?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm a bit oblivious to flirting irl, so I typically have no clue and just treat it as if it's a normal conversation. I was about to say it's probably been a long time since someone's flirted with me, but then again, how would I know? lol Though when it's obvious, it's obvious. Actually, I just remembered this one time my freshman year in college, I was in the library and this dude from the drumline came over and sat with me and we talked a while and like he asked for my number and my dumb reply was "I actually don't know my number...I can't text anyway" and like an hour later, I was like "...HEY. NOW I know what was going on!" He was p cute and had a cool name. ...What ever happened to h-- okay stop stop stop lmao.

I flirt with my bbys online all the time. <3

Take all my flirting, especially online, as a sign of affection haha. It's not serious, but I mean, if I'm gonna flirt with you online, we are probably somewhat good friends and that's how I'm showing you that you're adorable and nice and I like you. :3 Me trying to flirt with people in a serious manner RARELY comes out correctly, lmao.

It's a bit strange when it's someone that's like waaay older than you or if they're taken.

I'm oblivious to flirting when people flirt with me. I've had it happen before when someone would flirt with me, and then when they go away a friend of mine (usually my best friend, Sarah) starts giggling and is like "She totally likes you!!" and I'm all "What?!?" and then she points out that she was flirting with me and I'm like "I just thought she was being nice." and I've had cases where I've apparently flirted with someone and she reacts that way too, to which I reply with "...I was just being nice, though."

Actually yeah, this. This is me. lmao I'm always afraid of complimenting people sometimes cause I'm afraid they're going to think I'm flirting, cause there are some people that take everything that way.

fyi nick i flirt with you all the time ;)

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I usually genuinely don't even notice or I'll laugh it off. Seriously the first time I was ever asked for my number was last May by some girl cause her guy friend was too shy and I was so confused I was like "Huh? What for?" and then my friend piqued in "She's got a boyfriend" to send them away but HAHA I TOTALLY DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT WAS HAPPENING!! But yeah.. most of the time, it just depends on how it comes across.. if it's really creepy I ignore it or tell them to stop. It really depends on the situation.
Egh, nowadays only ever as a joke, but even before having a boyfriend most of the time it was a joke. I like "that's what she said" jokes.. so I will say those from time to time, and I'll "flirt" with people I'm not even remotely interested in, or even girls, just to have a laugh.
See above. Only in certain scenarios am I serious :3
When it's headstrong and uncalled for. When it's in the workplace. When people don't take no for an answer. When people want to find out your contact details.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
How do i react?

i either let the person say whatever without giving two and a half of a $h!# online or walk away letting them talking to themselves irl but i like to hear it as a joke from family dudes that's when i take it lol

depends on how people define flirting cuz some mix it with being nice but no,i don't flirt only my bf and k-pop singers and anime guys haha

Flirting is creepy when it seems serious and i don't like that.

Years
I'm fairly unaffected by it, I'm not one of those people that can take a compliment to well, so usually I shrug it off indiffrently because it's my personal belief that most flirting is rather not genuine.

I'm told by others that I do ALOT, but I just see it as being nice to a person...idk..maybe?

I suppose, if I'm intentionally flirting it's always joking, however as I stated above, people claim I'm a massive flirt without even trying so..serious?

I honestly sometimes get creeped out by same-sex flirting directed at me. It's not that I'm homophobic or anything, quite the contrary, I'm just unsure how to react sometimes and that can get me a tad bothered. I'm reallllly bad at trying to tell someone I'm not interested so I end up just kinda being awkward in the situation.

Years
I don't flirt. Or at least I don't do it on purpose. Probably have done it on accident, haha. ^^;

Honestly I hardly notice people are flirting with me. There hare been times when people point it out and I'm like "really?" It has to be really obvious or I won't get it.

When's flirting creepy? Depends on the person's saying and the person getting flirted on is uncomfortable. I just get uncomfortable with it most of the time because it's rare for me to notice and I don't know how to react.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

I feel aroused, because then I don't have to try too hard on my own flirting.

Both, but they usually come off either awkward or creepy, which only made me regret saying such things.

I'm a serious flirt, because I'm on a mission to find full happiness in my life.

When the flirts start becoming more sexualized, that is where a flirt has to stop.

Back