• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Holy **** Oblivion Wing sounds cool, death wing is better but still both badass.

Money, seriously, that´s the goal? Just beat trainers. If Xerneas and Yveltal are liffe and death, do something like immortality. Swirlix is based on this Australian term called FAIRY floss, just so people actually get this.

Damn Spain keyboards are confusing.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I know right, this would be a good time to explore immortality. Maybe the money is for another reason, just how Plasma's separating Humans from Pokémon was hijacked by taking over the world Ghetsis' plans.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Oblivion Wing sounds soo awesome! and if you watch the new video of it using the attack it has a healing animation after the main attack. "oooo yummy destruction!!"

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Not life and death. It's life and destruction. As a Dark type lover this Coro-Coro was amazing. I'll admit, Inkay and Malamar are not the most aestetically pleasing Pokemon but they aren't the first and with its typing of Dark/Psychic how can you not love it?!?

I didn't expect Panchams evolution to be Dark but I love it! Him and Malamar already have a place on my team in Y! Just freaking look at Pangoro! That thing will mess you up!

I predicted Yveltal to be Dark/Flying so I'm happy about that. Thought Xerneas would be dual-typed also but, oh well. This kind of makes me think that either Dark will beat Fairy, or the other way around. Either way, excited that we finally got the types of our legendaries.

I'm not too thrilled about the two new Fairy types. Sure the cotton candy one is not that great but you can't expect everything to be perfect. So please, calm down. Every generatin has had its goods and bads, even Gen. 1. At least Spritzee looks decent so Im not entirely hating it but the whole perfume idea isn't to great. All in all I still love all of Gen. 6!

Years
Oblivion Wing sounds soo awesome! and if you watch the new video of it using the attack it has a healing animation after the main attack. "oooo yummy destruction!!"

That's something very interesting, I'd be not surprised if Oblivion Wing actually turned out to heal Yveltal by half the damage dealt. Still can't wait to see more about the new reveals, but I think Xerneas' Geomancy does have a way cooler animation though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

I think that may have been a Stat Boosting animation. We haven't seem many of those yet to be able to tell, but a Legend getting a signature healing attack seems broken XD

Seems less likely so since it doesn't have a healing reference in the name like all the others do.

Years
I think that may have been a Stat Boosting animation. We haven't seem many of those yet to be able to tell, but a Legend getting a signature healing attack seems broken XD

Seems less likely so since it doesn't have a healing reference in the name like all the others do.
Honedge's video has the new stat boosting animation irc and it doesn't look like this, this animation looks like the healing attack animation of past generations.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Honedge's video has the new stat boosting animation irc and it doesn't look like this, this animation looks like the healing attack animation of past generations.
Yeah, after honedge used swords dance it had a red aura which is the better than a Pokemon glow a colour like in the older gens. but if it is a take back half like giga drain etc the amount healed is going to be ALOT considering the normal base power for signature moves being around 100(mewtwo "psystrike" lugia "aeroblast") with stab and type bonuses.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I love all of the pokemon they released this month! They are all so cute! <3 Especially Swirlix! :3

But am I the only one who is kind of disappointed with Yveltal's type? Xerneas is Fairy, which is cool considering it is a new type, but then Yveltal is a type combination that has been done before. I am not too excited about its type honestly :o

blue

gucci
Years
idk why but for me, the both squids that were introduced yesterday are the best of the Pokémon to be revealed (design wise) so far!

I love all of the pokemon they released this month! They are all so cute! <3 Especially Swirlix! :3

But am I the only one who is kind of disappointed with Yveltal's type? Xerneas is Fairy, which is cool considering it is a new type, but then Yveltal is a type combination that has been done before. I am not too excited about its type honestly :o

It would be a little safe to make them both Fairy type, I'm just happy that one of them was able to become a Fairy Pokémon.

Last edited:

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
At first I´m like "Really?" for you wanting to be yveltal fairy type and then I thought and an evil destruction fairy will be AWESOME. Because in the original myths, fairies are evil flying demons. Oh, and I thought of a theory for Grant, I think he'll be a rock type gym leader and his name is driven from Granite. I'm surprised no one thought of that. And for the huge corocoro August X and Y update, who else has a feeling its gonna be tthe starter evos along with more gym leaders and stuff?

Last edited:

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
The 5 New POKEMON are released in English

I know there was thread for this which had the japanese names

Pangoro is the evolved form of Pancham. It's a cantankerous Pokémon, but it has a strong heart and doesn't forgive those who pick on the weak.

Species Daunting Pokémon
Type Fighting/Dark
Ability Iron Fist
Height 6' 11"
Weight 299.8 lbs.

Pangoro-Pokemon-X-and_Y.jpg

Inkay
Transmitters above Inkay's eyes have the ability to drain the will to fight from other Pokémon. It uses this skill to run and hide when attacked by stronger enemies.

With Inkay's Contrary Ability, any effect that would lower its stats increases them instead!

Species Revolving Pokémon
Type Dark/Psychic
Ability Contrary
Height 1' 04"
Weight 7.7 lbs.

Inkay-Pokemon-X-and_Y.jpg

Malamar
The evolved form of Inkay, Malamar wields some of the strongest hypnotic powers of any Pokémon and can make its opponents bend to its will.

Species Overturning Pokémon
Type Dark/Psychic
Ability Contrary
Height 4' 11"
Weight 103.6 lbs.

Malamar-Pokemon-X-and_Y.jpg

Exclusive to Pokémon X, Swirlix loves sweets and eats nothing else, making its body as sweet and sticky as cotton candy.

Species Cotton Candy Pokémon
Type Fairy
Ability Sweet Veil
Height 1' 04"
Weight 7.7 lbs.

Swirlix-Pokemon-X-and_Y.jpg

Spritzee
Spritzee is a Pokémon that can be found in the wild only in Pokémon Y. It emits a unique fragrance from its body, and any who smell it fall under its spell.

Species Perfume Pokémon
Type Fairy
Ability Healer
Height 0' 08"
Weight 1.1 lbs.

Spritzee-Pokemon-X-and_Y.jpg

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't want to make a new thread about this so I will put it here.

The pokemon Oorotto was in a trailer with the new movie, but was forbidden to take pictures of it. This is a rough sketch at what it looks like that someone drew and is very possible to look a little bit different. This is from Serebii news.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't want to make a new thread about this so I will put it here.

The pokemon Oorotto was in a trailer with the new movie, but was forbidden to take pictures of it. This is a rough sketch at what it looks like that someone drew and is very possible to look a little bit different. This is from Serebii news.

It certainly fits in with the whole norse mythology theory, especially with that Pokémon being a Tree.. just take a look.
yggdrasil.jpg

Years
I have a feeling that Team Flare is up to more than just getting money. The way the Coro-Coro scan is worded it's more like "Their goal is to make money..!?" or "Is it their goal to make money?" It sounds questioning or incredulous or surprised. That could just be the sensationalizing of the magazine, of course, but you can just imagine it also saying "Or is it..."

Years
It certainly fits in with the whole norse mythology theory, especially with that Pokémon being a Tree.. just take a look.
yggdrasil.jpg
Do you think it may have something to do with the legends? It's based on Yggdrasil and has an O in it's name which in the Axis can stand for the Origin, where the Axis meet.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
"Spritzee's fragrance changes based on its diet."
An example of how Pokémon-Amie will affect battling.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I have a feeling that Team Flare is up to more than just getting money. The way the Coro-Coro scan is worded it's more like "Their goal is to make money..!?" or "Is it their goal to make money?" It sounds questioning or incredulous or surprised. That could just be the sensationalizing of the magazine, of course, but you can just imagine it also saying "Or is it..."

I think that they simply don't want to spoil the story. Team Flare are up to something, and they'll want us to find out as we play the game. So yeah, to me this sounds more like "Their only goal is to make money... or is it?".

Back