• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shocks and Volts: Electric-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I thought this was pretty cool. I can't find one without the watermark, but this'll have to do.
399820-1383171234.jpg

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Well, I'll just kick-off a new topic here to help you out. :] The club seriously needs some activity, haha. Defensively, which electric-type is best to use? Why would you consider it to be the best? What would be your favorite moveset for it?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Well, I'll just kick-off a new topic here to help you out. :] The club seriously needs some activity, haha. Defensively, which electric-type is best to use? Why would you consider it to be the best? What would be your favorite moveset for it?

I kind of already have a topic on that, the defensive part, which hasn't been answered since I put it up.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Ah, okay. Whoopsies. Anyway, I'm going ahead and answering the topic. :] In my opinion, the best electric-type to use defensively would be Zapdos. It could withstand many attacks (physical and special alike), and has ability to recover itself whenever it needs to with Roost. Rotom isn't too bad, either.

Gh0stFlame

The Fire/Ghost type pokemon
Years
Preferred username: DJ
Partner Pokémon Raichu (Cuz it's my Favourite Electric Type Pokemon 2nd is Zekrom, then its Luxray, Manectric and Electivire. PM me for the whole list of my favourite Electric types.
Favorite Electric-type move? Thunder because when its used in a rainstorm its accuracy is maxed out!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: DJ
Partner Pokémon Raichu (Cuz it's my Favourite Electric Type Pokemon 2nd is Zekrom, then its Luxray, Manectric and Electivire. PM me for the whole list of my favourite Electric types.
Favorite Electric-type move? Thunder because when its used in a rainstorm its accuracy is maxed out!

Welcome to the club. You sure love your Electric-types. Zekrom is probably my favorite from that list. Thunder is the most awesome Electric move I think, it has incredible power and it does work wonders when Drizzle or Rain Dance is in effect.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
Love the show of Electric type love. I like all Pokemon, but I always had a slight favoritism when it came to electric types. Maybe because Pikachu is my most favorite and is Ash most faithful friend or the dynamic black and yellow colors most of them have. And they can be pretty tough contenders with their paralyzing moves.

Preferred username: Velveteenwolf
Partner Pokémon: Joltik, it such a small Pokemon and its easily looked over.
Pick a 6-Pokémon Electric-type team: Can I get back with this one, want to do some reaserch.

Electric Pokemon Rock, and they Rule!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Awww yeee them Electric types!! Here is my SU:

Username: Zorogami
Partner Pokémon: Electabuzz

6 Pokemon Team: Electivire, Zapdos, Magnezone, Rotom-Wash, Ampharos and Galvantula

Current Topic: I would have to say Rotom-Wash. He has very decent Sp. Def. and if he uses the Resto-Chesto strategy, he can take plenty of hits before having to switch out. Give him Will-o-Wisp to nerf Physical attackers, Volt Switch to get out of battle while doing damage and Hydropump for powerful STAB. Taadaaa!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Love the show of Electric type love. I like all Pokemon, but I always had a slight favoritism when it came to electric types. Maybe because Pikachu is my most favorite and is Ash most faithful friend or the dynamic black and yellow colors most of them have. And they can be pretty tough contenders with their paralyzing moves.

Preferred username: Velveteenwolf
Partner Pokémon: Joltik, it such a small Pokemon and its easily looked over.
Pick a 6-Pokémon Electric-type team: Can I get back with this one, want to do some reaserch.

Electric Pokemon Rock, and they Rule!

Welcome to the club. If I remember correctly, there was an episode where several Joltik short-circuited some electrical equipment and caused problems for Ash and the gang. Such a cute spider yet so pesty.

Awww yeee them Electric types!! Here is my SU:

Username: Zorogami
Partner Pokémon: Electabuzz

6 Pokemon Team: Electivire, Zapdos, Magnezone, Rotom-Wash, Ampharos and Galvantula

Current Topic: I would have to say Rotom-Wash. He has very decent Sp. Def. and if he uses the Resto-Chesto strategy, he can take plenty of hits before having to switch out. Give him Will-o-Wisp to nerf Physical attackers, Volt Switch to get out of battle while doing damage and Hydropump for powerful STAB. Taadaaa!

Welcome to the club. You have a good offensive/defensive team. What moves do they have? Rotom-Wash is probably the most commonly used Rotom and the most annoying to contend with. I've had issues taking him down, so I used one of my own to deliver status ailments and severe damage.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Thanks a lot for having me!! Well this would be the moves i would put on them. Im not into competitive, so movesets wont be too good:

Electivire: Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Brick Break and Earthquake
Zapdos: Thunderbolt, Roost, HP Fire, Protect
Magnezone: Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, HP Ice, Thunder Wave
Rotom-Wash: Volt Switch, Scald, Will-o-Wisp, Rest
Ampharos (Mega): Thunderbolt, Dragon Pulse, Signal Beam, Power Gem
Galvantula: Thunder, Bug Buzz, Sticky Web, Protect

And yes, RotomW can be a real pain to deal with :D

Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Lanturn
Answer the current topic:

Which electric-type is the best to use defensively? From my experience I'd go with Lanturn - Because of it's typing it cannot really get hurt by ground moves and it can take quite a few hits before it goes down.

Old topics:

Favorite Electric-type Pokémon? Lanturn! I really like it's typing (: Ampharos is close second though and Luxray is third :3 ^^
Favorite Electric-type move? Spark - Don't know why but I love it :3
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon? Because of their speed and the variety of moves they can learn.
Which Electric-type has the best design? Luxray! I love everything on it - I especially like the color combination used on it.
Is it more important to you to use Electric-type moves to paralyze your opponent or deal damage to them? To deal damage to them ~ for paralyzing you can use static.
Do you think Electric-types should have a weakness to Rock like they do to Ground-types? Why or why not? I think that they should - Why? Because rocks are usually related to ground.
If you were to have an Electric-type in real life, who would it be and what moveset would it have? Shinx <3 Spark, Bite, Charge and Tackle ^^
Are you upset with the lack of Electric-types in the new generation? What kind of Electric-type do you want to see be made? Yeah :/ I'd like to see electric type combined with the types they haven't used just yet - and more like Magnemite/Magnetone- based on things related to electricity.
What type would you love to see paired with Electric that hasn't been done before and why? Ground - Because it would reduce the weakness to ground and maybe grass- I'd really love to see it combined with grass or fire - that would sure make an interesting typing. Or maybe ice - so electric types could easily destroy flying/dragon types.
Which Electric-type is the best to use offensively? Offensively? I'd go with either Electivire either Luxray.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Lanturn
Answer the current topic:

Which electric-type is the best to use defensively? From my experience I'd go with Lanturn - Because of it's typing it cannot really get hurt by ground moves and it can take quite a few hits before it goes down.

Old topics:

Favorite Electric-type Pokémon? Lanturn! I really like it's typing (: Ampharos is close second though and Luxray is third :3 ^^
Favorite Electric-type move? Spark - Don't know why but I love it :3
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon? Because of their speed and the variety of moves they can learn.
Which Electric-type has the best design? Luxray! I love everything on it - I especially like the color combination used on it.
Is it more important to you to use Electric-type moves to paralyze your opponent or deal damage to them? To deal damage to them ~ for paralyzing you can use static.
Do you think Electric-types should have a weakness to Rock like they do to Ground-types? Why or why not? I think that they should - Why? Because rocks are usually related to ground.
If you were to have an Electric-type in real life, who would it be and what moveset would it have? Shinx <3 Spark, Bite, Charge and Tackle ^^
Are you upset with the lack of Electric-types in the new generation? What kind of Electric-type do you want to see be made? Yeah :/ I'd like to see electric type combined with the types they haven't used just yet - and more like Magnemite/Magnetone- based on things related to electricity.
What type would you love to see paired with Electric that hasn't been done before and why? Ground - Because it would reduce the weakness to ground and maybe grass- I'd really love to see it combined with grass or fire - that would sure make an interesting typing. Or maybe ice - so electric types could easily destroy flying/dragon types.
Which Electric-type is the best to use offensively? Offensively? I'd go with either Electivire either Luxray.

Welcome to the club. Lanturn's a good choice. I remember being intrigued by his typing and trying to catch a Chinchou so I could evolve him and use him in battle. You didn't have to answer ALL of the topics, but I appreciate your input. :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
It's the beginning of a new month, and that means a topic change. I can't think of one at the moment, so if someone can think up a new one, I will add it to the original post.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
How about this for a topic:

If you could retype any Pokemon to electric type or add another type to an electric Pokemon, which would it be?

For example, i think Luxray should be Electric and Dark. It does look like a dark type and moves like crunch would get STAB. Also, there is no other dark/elect. type yet and i think Luxray would be the perfect fit

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
How about this for a topic:

If you could retype any Pokemon to electric type or add another type to an electric Pokemon, which would it be?

For example, i think Luxray should be Electric and Dark. It does look like a dark type and moves like crunch would get STAB. Also, there is no other dark/elect. type yet and i think Luxray would be the perfect fit

I improved on your topic and added it to the original post. I do agree that Luxray and its pre-evolutions should be Electric/Dark, they have the look of a Dark/part Dark-type and have Dark moves too. It's only fitting.

I always thought that Voltorb and Electrode should have been reclassified as Electric/Steel, because they are metal in form in addition to their electrical qualities.

Years
I would re-type Luxray into Electric/Dark too - I mean it has black fur and can learn a lot of dark moves so why not?

I'd also re-type electivire into Electric/Ground because it kinda looks like a ground type to me (:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If I were to retype an electric Pokémon, I would change Luxray to dark/electric like above. :] Every time I look, it always reminds me of dark-types more than anything. Along with that, I'd also make Electivire partially a ground-type Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
If I could retype any electric pokemon, it would probably be Zebstrika. It looks like to me it could be a Dark type. Until now I never really thought Luxray should be a Dark type. The color scheme does match both types.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I never really thought of Blitzle and Zebstrika as being "Dark", but I guess it could work, as long as they're given Dark moves to correspond with the added type. Never thought Electivire as part Ground either, seems more one-typed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back