• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to insert a tile.

Years
tut1bo8.jpg

tut2jg7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I'm really glad its helping some people! I'm not sure if there was other guides but I made this to help 2 people and I thought I'd put it up :D PM me if you need help, or I can go on MSN if you PM me your username and questions :)

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Nice work, Austina. Finally a tile inserting tutorial with indexing tiles. Although your method seems to require a lot of work. Wouldn't it be easier if you just used something like Irfanview and then changed the colours in the colour table?

Years
Nice work, Austina. Finally a tile inserting tutorial with indexing tiles. Although your method seems to require a lot of work. Wouldn't it be easier if you just used something like Irfanview and then changed the colours in the colour table?
I'm not too sure. I only posted the way I know of doing it, and I'm sure there is easier ways......... but I don't know them yet, and this way works fine for me I suppose :p

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2009
my rom got screwd :[ i had everything i needed for the hack exept title screen then it destrode my game :[

hey where do i get the pictures to put in the game?

P.S: srry for double postin

Last edited:

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
This was a VERY helpful hack, bravo. :D

Probably the big thing to mention, though, is that you can only Palette Editor in the newer versions of AdvanceMap. I had 1.82, so I was very confused at first. :\
But yea, GREAT tut! :D

Years
Finally! I've been searching for ages to find a tutorial that tells me how to insert tiles and keep the same pallete. That was one of the aspects of Paint that I never knew existed. So many things I could've done if I'd known that before... Thanks, Austinia, great tutorial!

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I think I saw this tut a while back! this and neti's tut are the clearest, but I still wish I could figure out where to get IrFanVeiw so that I could recolor more quickly!

Rocka210

The Code Never Bothered Me Anyway
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 29, 2015
Thanks so much
I've needed this

I rock!!!!!!!!!

Years
How do you edit the palette without screwing the whole game up? Every time I change a color in a pallete (it doesn't matter what palette: 1,2,12, wahever) my whole game gets different colors or goes completely nuts. I'm using Ruby by the way. In other words: How do you know which colors/palettes aren't used by the game?

EDIT: Nevermind, question already answered in the simple questions thread.

Last edited:
Back