• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you nickname your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I usually only nickname my main team, with a few exceptions. For my White, the theme I had was close friends of mine (for the main team, at least).

Zebstrika: Michele. Her favorite animal is the Zebra, so the moment I saw Blitzle I just had to name it after her.
Cinccino: Melissa. After deciding what my theme was going to be, I went ti my friend and asked if she liked Chinchillas. After she said she did, I decided to name it after her.
Reuniclus: Emily. Not too much of a reason, other than the fact that I wanted to call something Emily and Reuniclus was the only thing I wanted on my team that didn't have a name. xD;
Lilligant: Lucia. My Bellossom was named Lucia on my Soul Silver, so since Lilligant was kid of like Lucia I just thought it was appropriate.
Chandelure: Shannon. Inside joke among the band during high school was 'Shandelier' so when I saw it I had to name it after her.
Swanna: Alyssa. It just seemed to fit, and I actually have two close friends called Alyssa so it works.

I nicknamed a few other Pokemon, which were the Pokemon I used because I got my main team.
Timburr: Logs
Tepig: The Pig
Patrat: Timon
Pansage: Mufflers
Lillipup: Puppers

... Yeah. XD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Tepig: Breakfast
Zebstrika: Typhon, storm-titan that challenged Zeus
Seismitoad: Pontus, original sea-god
Simisage: Priapus, minor fertility god
Rufflet/Braviary: Aeolus, ruler of the winds
Beartic: Can't think of a good name yet, ideas?

All except Breakfast were named after Greek mythology. If anyone has any ideas for Beartic, that would be most helpful.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
My nicknames were all based on traits of the Pokemon in question.

Dewott - Seashell

Tranquill - Journey

Cubchoo - Sleet

Deerling - Meadow

Gothita - Lolita

Pansear - Incinerate

I traded a Cubchoo egg from my Japanese White to my English Black. It's an ice type, so I figured Sleet was an okay name. My Dewott was named Seashell because Oshawott has that shell thing on it's stomach. Pansear was named Incinerate because it's a fire type. Tranquill is Journey because, well, don't birds fly south for the winter? Most of them do in my state. I found Deerling in a meadow like area hence the name. According to Bulbapedia, Gothita was based on a girl dressed in gothic lolita fashion.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Pokemon Black
  • タコ [Taco] - Snivy
    I made the mistake of asking my roommate what to name my starter 'cause I didn't have any witty ideas. :( Since all he thinks about is food and World of Warcraft (and we were thinking of what to eat for dinner), he had food on the mind. /sigh
  • パスタ [Pasta] - Woobat
    ...same explanation as above. (I also ended up with the pigeon thing being named "Beer" but it didn't stay in my party.) Guess what the other thing he wanted for dinner was?
  • ロクサス [Roxas] - Vanillite
    n___n Named after Roxas from Kingdom Hearts because it's ice cream and that's all he does in his spare time (eats ice cream).
  • ルミエアー [Lumière] - Litwick
    Named it after the candelabra in Beauty and the Beast. ♥ I think it's a pretty name and it's very fitting.
  • デンキ [Denki] - Blitzle
    It's a really boring name. It means "electricity" in Japanese. I'm pretty sure the electric type is just called "denki". LAME.
  • ニカ [Nica] - Joltik
    Galvantula (is that the right name? not used to it in english yet) was Forever's (the mod) favourite Pokémon leading up to BW so it had to be named after her. xD;

Pokémon White
  • さくら [Sakura] - Cherubi
    I just wanted a chance to have a Japanese-named Cherubi. :') I think I already had a Cherubi named "Sakura" but I haven't trained one into a Cherrim before this one so. It's okay. n_n;
  • Roxas - Vanillite
    See Black. I was gonna name this one Ven but it just didn't work as well. (And it was male so I couldn't name it Xion which was gonna be my other alternative choice.)
  • Flamberge - Litwick
    Named for the fire-elemental sword that often appears in the Tales of series... which in turn is inspired by an actual kind of sword with the name, I think.
  • Joltula - Joltik
    I swear I came up with this name before the English names came out. It was creative back then but now it just seems lame because it's essentially much mashing Joltik & Galvantula's names together fml. ;_;
  • Terra - Sandile
    Named for the Kingdom Hearts character. A ground/dark Pokémon? Perfect.
  • Dominico - Ducklett
    I caught one and didn't have a clue what to name it so I asked on IRC and Luke gave me this name. xD

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
I call mine 'Chocolate Star' because it reminds me of my favourite sweets. If anyone would like to taste my chocolate star, send pm.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I always name mine insulting nicknames at first, then when I use them as mains, change them to something nicer. Like real names that I like. Like at first, I named my cubchoo snot, then I changed it to Alastor later.

Years

I nicknamed a few other Pokemon, which were the Pokemon I used because I got my main team.
Timburr: Logs
Tepig: The Pig
Patrat: Timon
Pansage: Mufflers
Lillipup: Puppers

... Yeah. XD;
What a coincidence! I nicknamed my Patrat "Timon" too, haha. I also nicknamed Tepig "Pumba". XD

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
Years
My Pokemon

Simipour: Mr. Ocean
Samurott: Yemeya (goddess of ocean)
Victini: Caesar
Zoroark: Jack
Sigilyph: Tote

I'm currently training a Boufallant named Doom Disco. :cool:

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
Years
Let's see...My team at the moment consists of:
Serperior: Hazama
Archetops: Raven
Liepard: Kokonoe
Zebstrika: Gokudera
Victini: Reborn
Whimsicott: Karol

I always nickname my pokemon, most after anime/game characters. Lol. I won't train a pokemon if I can't think of a name for it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
#1 really happy face
#2 happy face
#3 mad face
#4 really mad face
#5 curved up arrow
#6 curved down arrow

Years
I name them on a whim, though sometimes they're pretty strange. Such as Giga Drill (over 9,000 cool points to you if you can guess where this nickname came from) the Excadrill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back