• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favorite Pokemon League Champion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
Who is your favorite Pokemon League Champion? Why?

League Champions:

✩ Cynthia
✩ Blue (aka rival)
✩ Lance
✩ N
✩ Alder
✩ Steven
Wallace
✩ Red

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I like Lance the best because he was a challenge for me, mainly because I suck at fighting dragon types.

Years
Cynthia and Steven for me. Cynthia for the reason that she is the only female champion and also has a lovely design. :p Steven's Steel type Pokemon are just plain awesome. I tend to forget that Red is a champion too; I think of him only as R/B/Y's protagonist. XD;;

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Cynthia, without a doubt. Yes, her design is awesome and she's the first female champion... but I also love that the character is interested in myths and legends. I also like that it's implied she started her journey as a Pokedex holder, and helped Rowan in the same fashion the main characters do.

Alder is a close second. He's got a really cool design, kinda looks like an "old man who knows of many things" haha. With all that history behind him, it sounds like he's probably got quite an interesting past that I'd love to hear about (especially his deceased Pokemon partner.)

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Red, because when i faced him I was all like.. You're only there cos I got you there ¬_¬

This response is almost as cute as you. :3

And my favorite Champion will always be Cynthia. She's smart, cool, collected, awesome Pokemon and nice design.

Moving this to General Pokemon Gaming though since it doesn't really encompass all aspects of the franchise.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
I liked Red, because you always got that rush of nostalgia when fighting him. +EXP
I liked Blue a lot too. You knew that you were three minutes away from becoming the Champion and shutting him up for good when you fought against him as the Champion. +EXP
I also liked Cynthia because of her character (though her talks could sometimes become lengthy, she always had a point to what she was talking about), and the fact that she gives you a Togepi for your dex.

As for Lance, he's my favourite because of the annoying dragons that would prompt you to teach your Pokemon ice moves, the flowing cape, his facial expressions in Pokemon Stadium 2 ("Dragonite for the win!") and...
"DRAGONITE, HYPER BEAM!"
I'm surprised the guy in Mahogany Town still had a face after that.

PuntingYoshi

Squirtle>Mudkip
Years
  • Age 30
  • PEI
  • Seen May 24, 2011
Definitely Red.
Just because as a kid, my friends and I were never able to beat him. It was always so fun to get together, and get everyone to go at him at once, to see if one of us would beat him. Eventually, we did, as we grew older, and knew more.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
My favorites were Lance and Steven. They had the most badass Pokémon at the time and I always found it to be kind of a challenge to beat them. Plus they both fought alongside you kinda at one point, which was awesome and I wished it happened more often with important non-rival characters. :C

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
I'd say it's a three-way tie between Cynthia, Alder, and Lance.

Cynthia is awesome because she's undeniably beautiful.

Alder reminds me of Chuck Norris. Therefore, he automatically gets high creds.

Lance... uses Dragon-types. That gets him brownie points as well.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Red.

I mean... wow. After all those smarmy, wimpy trainers that spout many words at you about winning, losing, giving you annoying advice about life, the universe and everything, here comes a guy that says nothing and proceeds to systematically pummel you.

Just because he is pure epicness. You know when that music starts, you're in serious trouble. Even if you have Lv. 100's there is still a chance he'll beat you.

"In America, Red beats you.
In Soviet Russia, Red still beats you."

Although, when you play as Red, then it has to be Blue (sometimes known as Gary Motherf**kin Oak - "Kanto has 8 badges - he has 10".). Again - the music is pretty epic, more epic than Red's unfortunately (since I think GameFreak messed up a little on the HG/SS remix). The FR/LG remix of the Champion theme was superb for a GBA game. ^^

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Steven for me. I like both his design as well as his team: a challenging battle and a trainer worthy of Champion status. I've never really been bothered about the 'storyline' of the games so much, so other Champions' involvement in that doesn't really bother me that much, to be honest. If I played DPPt, I might have said Cynthia, as from what I've read of her team on Bulbapedia, she seems like a real tough cookie!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
N is Champion? I searched it on Bulbapedia and he is not shown under Champions. Sure he beat Alder, but I don't think it was for the Championship title, but more to show everyone his power so they would release their pokemon. And even if he was Champion heck no his philosophical bs is so annoying.

As for my favorite Champ it would be Red(former Champ upon facing him) for Nostalgia sake. Guy has all 3 Kanto starters! And Uberchu what is not too like.

Also topic needs moar poll.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Torn between N and Lance. N I loved because of his ideals and how he went through fire and brimstone for everyone to know of his ideals and to go by the, how he stood up for what he believed in..And how easy he was XD. Lance because Dragon types are my second favorite pokemon, behind Grass types <3 Just gotta luuuuurve how overpowered they seem and how they can easily 1HK0 you if your not careful, and he was quite a challenge to beat as well..Plus Dragons look sick (most of em at least) <333.

N is Champion? I searched it on Bulbapedia and he is not shown under Champions. Sure he beat Alder, but I don't think it was for the Championship title, but more to show everyone his power so they would release their pokemon. And even if he was Champion heck no his philosophical bs is so annoying.

As for my favorite Champ it would be Red(former Champ upon facing him) for Nostalgia sake. Guy has all 3 Kanto starters! And Uberchu what is not too like.

Also topic needs moar poll.

(Sorry for double post..T_T)

N was a champion, he DID beat Alder, albeit not being champion for very long, yet he still WAS champion, and im pretty sure the game even said it..Just because some stupid FAN made website says doesnt means its true. ^_^. Sorry again for double posting..

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Steven, if only because of his little Sandstorm/Spikes strategy that I have often emulated in the days since.

I swear that Skarmory of his is what instilled my current hatred of the annoying metal bird into me...and don't even get me started on his Metagross. D:

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Cynthia is the best Champ ever! Her teams in D/P/P and B/W are awesome, not to mention her ENTIRE FREAKIN' TEAM has 31 IVs in EVERYTHING. She also is one of the few Champions who actually knows stuff about the Teams and Legendaries, even knowing a little bit about freaking ARCEUS, supposedly the God of Pokemon.

Her design is awesome, too. She's even wearing a Badass Longcoat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back