• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
a 3D game is a lot of work. Your better off wishing that RSE gets the XY treatment. The art style looks so good for Pokemon. I'm excited for the future of the games.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It'll never happen. Hoenn is in Japan somewhere (at least the area it's based off of). X and Y are based off of France.

Also, Hoenn is not like the Sevii Islands added to FR/LG. It's a HUGE area. It would not become a secret area of the game. If anything, it would be accessed after the initial E4 run, and make it a 16 Gym game. For such a thing, they'd likely use Unova even though it meets the same reason I say Hoenn won't happen (Unova is based on New York, again across an ocean) - meaning I think neither will happen.

Cyclone

thizzman

PKMN rom maker and hacker
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2022
a 3D game is a lot of work. Your better off wishing that RSE gets the XY treatment. The art style looks so good for Pokemon. I'm excited for the future of the games.

Yeah I'd actually much rather a RSE remake with XY treatment. I'd love to replay those games in 3d....

Guy

just a guy
Years
It'll never happen. Hoenn is in Japan somewhere (at least the area it's based off of). X and Y are based off of France.

Also, Hoenn is not like the Sevii Islands added to FR/LG. It's a HUGE area. It would not become a secret area of the game. If anything, it would be accessed after the initial E4 run, and make it a 16 Gym game. For such a thing, they'd likely use Unova even though it meets the same reason I say Hoenn won't happen (Unova is based on New York, again across an ocean) - meaning I think neither will happen.

Cyclone
Not that I'm saying it will happen, but with the introduction of airplanes in Gen V, the excuse "it's too far away" doesn't really hold much value today as it once did. There's no real need for the regions to be attached anymore a la Kanto and Johto, not if they have airplanes again that can fly to another region.

I hope the idea of attaching Hoenn to these games doesn't happen though. Like many RSE fans, myself included, I would much prefer a remake for Ruby and Sapphire or even Emerald so it can reach its full potential. Slapping it onto X and Y would leave much to be desired in my opinion. Same goes for any other region.

I would rather they do something like the Sevii Islands, but much more interesting.

blue

gucci
Years
Nah, unless they decide to have Airplane travel then a trip from Europe to Japan is off the table. I'd much prefer Hoenn to be tied in with Ruby & Sapphire Remakes so you can explore it in full whilst going along with the storyline of RSE that way you can experience Hoenn in a 3D feel with the nostalgia. Adding Hoenn to X & Y would be nowhere near as good as full blown remakes IMO. We could get a completely new region added on to the current region of X & Y but as far as returning to an older region goes, I don't see it happening.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
There's only one way I can see there being travel to other regions and that's if they add new regions as DLC.

No way there will be more than one region at launch.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I reckon it showed the whole world to simply demonstrate that it's the Pokémon series' first worldwide release.

I mean, we've only had 3 other generations before with no other regions featured.

Or this game could be the POKéMON EUROPE WORLD TOUR.

I think that meant exactly what you said in the first sentence. Of course, I'd love to see them having different parts of Europe... that'd be amazing! We'll see how it is... but my gut tells me that they won't change too much from their basic formula.

Vei

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
Oh my God. If they make it so you cant travel to Hoenn it will be sooo awesome. I loved that feature about HG/SS, so if they bring it back I will be overjoyed.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There's only one way I can see there being travel to other regions and that's if they add new regions as DLC.

No way there will be more than one region at launch.
This would actually work very well. Add a region and its group of Gyms and hardcode each region's badge case into the game for if the region is bought and downloaded. It would kill the need for remakes entirely and allow them to also add bonus areas and items (like the event exclusive items from the past), thus giving players a chance to complete the Dex entirely without having to import (trade mebbe, but not import).

Release each new region for exploration every three months mebbe. And develop Gen. VII right away.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The only thing I don't like about dlc regions is the possibility that they wouldn't have any storyline or story npcs (rival, evil team) to go with it and that they would just be thrown together hastily.

Hopefully they would have a new main storyline to go through if they did have dlc regions though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The only thing I don't like about dlc regions is the possibility that they wouldn't have any storyline or story npcs (rival, evil team) to go with it and that they would just be thrown together hastily.

Hopefully they would have a new main storyline to go through if they did have dlc regions though.

Yeah that'd definitely be sucky. I also doubt that too, given that it'd involve so much extra time to put together these whole other regions. :(

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I would really like a past region to appear. Why? Think about it for a second. The games are running on a new engine, and are based in a world where the game has everything properly big or small. To give us a feel of what this new look for the games translates to in terms of other regions, they would give us something like Kanto as an example. Or better yet Unova, to hopefully tie this region up with it.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Regions as DLC could work. I remain doubtful though.

Recreating an entire region that was primarily mapped in 2D in the 3D format will be much harder than porting maps from RBY to GSC. Creating 2D and 3D maps requires a different approach, for instance, when all buildings face south, it looks OK in a 2D game, but in a 3D game it looks awkward (imagine walking through Saffron City in 3D: on every street, you have doors on the right and nothing but walls on the left... that's not good) . They'll have to at least remap all the cities and create region-specific textures. And then remix all the music (if it's just to get rid of the excessively used trumpets from Gen 3 or the poorly synthesized guitars from Gen 4) . And then, of course, write a decent extension to the game's script so that the region isn't as bland as Kanto in GSC... looks like too much hassle, really.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

Then it would be an entire new game.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Then it would be an entire new game.

Cyclone

I was thinking this. So best case scenario is we either get a new fully fleshed out separate game with an old region or we get a half assed region dlc for our Pokemon XY games.

Having said that, I would be more interested in putting my money forward for a game which added a full region experience to an existing game rather than a new separate title. Firstly it means only having one cartridge but secondly I just think it's more interesting to add to an existing world then create a completely separate world. I mean what's really the point of having your Pokemon XY region over here and your Hoenn remake over here and not be able to just move between both of them?

I figure it probably won't be until the 7th or 8th gen until they get brave enough to start having dlc regions though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
There could be a connection between the new region and Unova if they introduce the Original Dragon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
It's just clear they are planning an ruby/sapphire remake afther this with maybe acces back to kanto/johto. They nowtest that there remake games where mostly more popular than there new regions. You probaly would agrea that FR/LG and HG/SS where one of the best games out there. They also attempt this with black and white but that seem to fail an bit in my opinion.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's just clear they are planning an ruby/sapphire remake afther this with maybe acces back to kanto/johto. They nowtest that there remake games where mostly more popular than there new regions. You probaly would agrea that FR/LG and HG/SS where one of the best games out there. They also attempt this with black and white but that seem to fail an bit in my opinion.

n FR/LG weren't overly popular and from the general fanbase, at the time people preferred R/S/E, iirc. HG/SS were popular, yes, but so was B/W and B2/W2, with the former getting a 30/30 rating (iirc??) and having made over a certain amount of sales in a short time. I can't remember much about it but it was popular. Nevertheless, people would still appreciate extra regions in these games and for them to do it in R/S remakes, too. :3

There could be a connection between the new region and Unova if they introduce the Original Dragon.

Yeah but the only issue is that they're both sooo far away from each other :(

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Seriously, am I the only one who doesn't want any more remakes? As much as I would love to revisit older regions, I'd rather do it in a B2/W2-esque sequel.

One more thing about DLC regions and why I don't think they're happening: I just remembered a picture I've seen on Pokémemes destroying the idea for a Pokémon game with all regions. I don't exactly remember if it was its only point or just one of the many, but here it is: in GSC, you have Kanto, where the Gym leaders are stronger than the Pokémon league. Imagine if you had a third and a fourth region after this, each region having even stronger opponents? I'm not sure the games have a level cap high enough to accommodate all this while keeping it consistently challenging.

Isn't it supposed not to physically exist anymore? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Reshiram and Zekrom were two halves of the dragon's spirit, and Kyurem was what's left of its body.

Years
Although I'd like for them to create every past region in 3D format (which will be YEARS from now), I'd love for them to at least implement Hoenn into the new region. I also like the idea about regions being released as DLC, something that has never been done before and I can see it working.

Back