• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Swift Swim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
hc5e.png

Hi everyone, I finally started with the scripting of my hack a couple of weeks ago. Normally, I wanted to finish most of the maps and other things before releasing anything, but I think it would be wise to publish a beta to have your opinions guys.
But first, let me follow the usual process and start with the Introduction:

BIG THANKS/CREDITS
Spoiler:

INTRODUCTION
Spoiler:

STORY
Spoiler:

CHARACTERS
Spoiler:

SCREEN SHOTS
Spoiler:

FEATURES
Spoiler:

FEATURES YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE(Sorry :p)
Spoiler:

FUTURE FEATURES
Spoiler:

KNOWN BUGS
Spoiler:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD
Spoiler:

That's all folks! Thanks!
~Kurapika

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Oh, wow. Nice sprites and the Ow inserted it a little less perfect.
Also, the new tiles (outside tiles) I didn't like the trees and grasses. I like some of these features.. Yeah, the Known bugs section joke kinda lame but got me laughing. Good work. Besides that, I think overall the OW and trainer sprites stands out. I'll be looking forward for more updates on your game. Good luck there!

Years
This game looks great.If I may make this sugestion tho, please don't make us pay to heal. I mean that is interesting but it seems like it will get annoying. Tho I can't wait to play this. I wish you good luck ^^

Years
Nice hack!! Really like the tiles and the concept.. Healing is not free and there are many choices affecting gameplay i suppose :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well this certainly looks interesting and you seem to be off to a nice start.
And I have to say that the pay to heal feature is quite unique.

One final thing, perhaps you should keep all the OWs in one style? The new ones look out of place.

Years
Since when Flygon is bug? o.O
Hehe, I always see Flygon as a Dragon version of Yanma/Yanmega. xD I know some people would not like some of the retypings. >_<' But, for sure, Flygon will be and stay Bug/Dragon in this hack. ^^' It will be the ultimate Dancing Pokémon. XD
This game looks great.If I may make this sugestion tho, please don't make us pay to heal. I mean that is interesting but it seems like it will get annoying. Tho I can't wait to play this. I wish you good luck ^^
Don't worry, there will be a healing spot for each PokéCenter and healing spots in big areas such as Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon, ...
Looking nice so far, but a few overworlds look too big to me.
Yeah, some OWs are really big, you get an idea how bad I am at spriting and such. >.< I want to change all the OWs when the game is finished, so that they will all big "equaly" big (lol) I will also resize them to make them smaller I guess.

As of the hack's progression, I have finished scripting up to Viridian Forest's storyline quest, time for me to attack Pewter City and Mt. Moon in order to release the 1st Beta. I'll see if I have time to upload some screens as well as a "beta" version of the guide. XD

Thank you all for the support, it really makes me want to give more time to this project, thank you! :)

Years
The trainer sprites look more like they are ds sprites. I like it. Now adults are not the same size as a 10 year old well from what I can tell most of the adult sprites are bigger

Years
Yeah, it takes quite a lot of time to resize sprites without hindering the quality, especially for a noob like me. >.<

I see you noticed the sprites I added to the characters section, I appreciate your attention, thank you. ^^

I also added some screenshots for the currently finished (and sorta hidden) side quests: Lost Casform, Reborn Fisherman (advertising Pokémon Reborn) and Ash's mom... XD

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Looking amazing! Almost literally every feature I like/have wanted in a hack is here. Will give it a play once you put out the beta, keep up the good work!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hey good to see you making your own hack!

My question is about the new abilities. Have you actually implemented all of them yet?
How did you get Snow Warning working, as from what I've looked at in the rom, there
is no permanent hail. Drought and Drizzle seem to work by setting the byte for permanent
rain and sun, as opposed to rain and sun. So how would you set up Snow Warning?
Did you set up permanent hail with ASM in a new byte check?

Either way everything is looking really good otherwise. Maybe you could send me a PM?

Years
Snow Warning is a 255 turns Hail, it is not unlimited weather, but, it is more than enough.
As I told you in my PM, some abilities are not working 100% perfect but they don't cause crash or graphical bugs and such, f.e. Prankster is using Quick Claw's effect, Regenrator triggers like Natural Cure, ... etc. Imposter and Download required me to make an aditional ASM code that sets the target to the facing Pokémon and such using some random variable.
Other abilities were simple and clear, like Skill Link, Scrappy and all abilities that are related to damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back