• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Competitions

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't stand a chance. Therefore, I do not partake in official competitions. Simple as that.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm not very competitive when it comes to video games. I tend to suck at multiplayer games more often than not. So I avoid competitions. :( The only one I can think of is a Katamari tournament I entered and won at an anime con quite a few years ago. I don't even remember how this worked, really. I just remember beating some guy in the VS in the final match who wouldn't shut up about how good he was at Katamari and I'd never actually played VS in my life. :P

My brother goes to them sometimes. He won a Guitar Hero competition (and got some pretty good prizes for it) at a Video Games Live concert earlier this month. And he's been to some other ones at his high school and whatnot. But it's not my thing so I leave it to him to be the competitive one. XD;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I don't really go cause the type of stuff I play, has no competition for most part as they aren't pvp in nature XD also I just don't spend the same level of dedication and time that is required of a tourney.

It's much more fun watching e-sports for me in comparison to participating in e-sports.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Ei don't go to them as where Ei live they almost have no competitions.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Next to no competitions to go to where I live but if I had the chance I would love to go to some.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Unfortinately, I don't think they let people under 18 into the FPS compititions, and that's really all there is near me at the local GameStops.
The only reason I don't participate is because I can't.

Xetharo

The Illustrious Mew
Years
If i didn't live in the middle of nowhere I'd compete like crazy...i think i'm rather good and i've won some competitions at my school in games like CoD, Super Smash Bros, and Halo, but I've never actually tried my hand at a big sponsored challenge but I'm stoked to try my hand when i move to a bigger city here in a month

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
This is basically how I think when it comes to these:
"Ooh, a competition! Nah, there's always someone better than me."
And if I really suck at a game and whatnot:
"God, I suck at these games. I must be the most horrible player out there! Nah, there's always someone worse than me."

So that's how I think. That there's always someone better than me at everything, or in some cases, worse. Obviously, I won't waste my time in entering.

razzbat

dancer
Years
whenever i go to a convention i usually enter the brawl competition if there is one. although i usually get my ass whipped, its fun and gives me another thing to do while i am there. recently i've been into alot of 2d fighters so if i see a competition next time i will probably enter it.

Years
I only play PC these days, but I'd sign up if I came across something for a game I actually play. I'm not fantastic, but I like competition for competition's sake. It's good fun, and I might pick up a new trick or two.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Nah, I suck at playing multiplayer. I'd definetely lose in the first round, or I might get lucky... and still lose in the first round. :U

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I've never taken part in one. I've seen a few around here but still I've never played in a competition. It's not because "Oh I can't win" if it's a game like CoD then I know I can win. It's that I don't have the time nor do I care enough to take part in them.

That and if I start getting pissed at them then they're right there close to me so I might say something I shouldn't. XD

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Like those Video Game Championships for Pokemon? I don't stand a chance at anything... So no I don't participate in those.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Tournaments aren't my style.
Too serious, and most games require too much work to stand a chance at winning one.
I can have a lot more fun just by playing the game normally.

Back