• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cng's Pokemon HGSS Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
I just downloaded this to see what was inside it and this is just PE stripped down to almost nothing with a dual screen/touch screen added this needs alot of work.

You might want to take a closer look at the scripts.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
You might want to take a closer look at the scripts.

I have and i know what your implying, but I never said CNG didnt write the scripts I just said there isnt anything special about this kit other than the dual screen and touch screen other than I can read his scripts.... he could have just modified essentials to achieve this tho

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
I don't appricate you calling Chris's work just a dumbed down version of Pokemon Essentials. Obviously you don't know how to identify code.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
I have and i know what your implying, but I never said CNG didnt write the scripts I just said there isnt anything special about this kit other than the dual screen and touch screen other than I can read his scripts.... he could have just modified essentials to achieve this tho

The whole reason CNG started this kit was to make a more user friendly and not so buggy starter kit with the feasibility to add in new codes. Doing that in essentials wouldn't exactly defeat the whole concept of an easier kit.

Years
I'm not leaving Game Dev, just PC.
I don't enjoy making Pokemon Games anymore, and people on here aren't interested in anything but, so why stay? D:

If you guys need me, i'll be on PlanetDev.
Bai.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
I think the cycle will start all over again.
CNG will say he will be at his forum and he will get back and he will say that he can't leave PC, and continues 3 times.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I think the cycle will start all over again.
CNG will say he will be at his forum and he will get back and he will say that he can't leave PC, and continues 3 times.
Nope, I think he's serious, so this kit isn't going to be finished, I guess.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
Nope, I think he's serious, so this kit isn't going to be finished, I guess.
That's pretty sad. I was hoping it would get finished, but if CNG's happy with what he's doing right now then I don't think we should try to persuade him to continue the kit. Let's hope that another talented scripter may be able to continue the project.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Buggy as it is, at least you guys still have Pokemon Essentials. Seeing as how Chris won't be working on the kit anymore, can a mod close this topic?

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
He may not be working on it himself, but CNG is trying to find someone to take it over. Hopefully a skilled scripter will take it over soon so this kit can see some major progress.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Just found this... and I just want to ask, Is it alright, if I take the tiles from this and use them in my project with a different kit? If yes, thank you, and who do I credit?
Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
i love this and really want to try it out but it wont let me download it comes up saying "file error. retrying" and does it over and over.. please fix :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back