• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I used to never study and pulled 85-90%. Then I started engaging myself more in class and studying before tests, etc. and I managed to pull that up to 92-98%.

So it does help :P also, asking lots of questions until you're 100% sure you know what you're doing. Teachers are paid to make you understand, so don't feel bad if you have to ask and ask and ask, even if it's the same question (or similar). Their salaries depend on it lol

Also, going back to the burn thing two pages back, you're actually not supposed to run your hand in cold water. It aggravates the burn even more. That's what they teach you in First Aid training.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Although not a good thing to do, I can actually study well with music on. As long as it's not loud. No TV, and the door to my room is always closed when I study.

Gabri

m8
Years
I used to never study and pulled 85-90%.

I did that in high school and finished with an average of 16 (max is 20 here). Did that in the first year of Uni and didn't go well. Two failed subjects told me "you don't just F around with physics".
I have no problems with my earphones blasting Megadeth in my brain while I'm studying. Actually, it makes it more appealing.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I did that in high school and finished with an average of 16 (max is 20 here). Did that in the first year of Uni and didn't go well. Two failed subjects told me "you don't just F around with physics".
I have no problems with my earphones blasting Megadeth in my brain while I'm studying. Actually, it makes it more appealing.

16/20 = 80% here, if it can be calculated that way lol That'd still be 5% above the average mark in Canada.

Best to get good study habits pre-Uni' or College because like you said, not realizing beforehand slams you with Fs XD and that's no good...

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Meh, I'm really back and forth about college.

Hobbies?
I'm learning a few new weaponry styles, languages, and guitar, if that counts. Other then that though, writing, music, reading, anime, just the usual stuff.
I guess it depends on the day, really. . .

@Bell:
Yeah, I've seen/heard people say that. (Though I've also heard the opposite. . .)
Personally I do anyway, if only because it feels soothing.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yes. I:
First time I've managed to get here today.
Uh. By the way, I didn't realize Kura's post a few pages back might have to do with your deleted post. She said something about a burn. Are you okay? x:
Also, remember the picture you sent me a while ago about how we're going to scare people when we die?
I found out plans for before then.
Spoiler:

I say we steal dentures and scare visiting children with them. :D
My grandmother just died last month and we still have her dentures...I'm tempted to scare kids with them...but I don't want to actually touch them haha. She was pretty sickly and I imagine that would be a really bad idea.

I've heard the opposite about burns, as well.

@Dipu
You okay? D:

.____. uh

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh, I meant Tropical Storm Andrea. Not like a person Andrea =P

And I'm fine. I think I failed my Calculus final, though. Which sucks, cause it's my best subject.

That, and I had to trek across three rivers yesterday to get home. Ugh.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Dipu! I haven't seen you in a while.
God, Andrea really pounded my place yesterday.
There are so many innuendos in that statement, that I'm not even going to bother.

Hahaha, that deleted post is really bothering you isn't it, Jess?
Yeah, I had burned my hand on a frying pan. I'm fine now, though.

Haha, sounds like a plan to me! I vote we steal the dentures of the crabby old dude. There always is one. X}

Tch, I'm sorry. Nobody can live forever, though. I hope she had a good life.
I really wouldn't touch those. X)

droomph

weeb
Years
Oh, I meant Tropical Storm Andrea. Not like a person Andrea =P

And I'm fine. I think I failed my Calculus final, though. Which sucks, cause it's my best subject.

That, and I had to trek across three rivers yesterday to get home. Ugh.

and/or andrea is the person controlling the storm.

/conspiracytheories

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nah, the only think that thickened was my head. Cause I just totally lost ya. D;

@Paladin, I was away for a while, working on IRL problems. Last week of school: complete.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Oh? Would you mind me asking where you're going?

Really, Scarf? I'd prefer something more along the lines of 'The Loose Bolts'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back