• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

No nothing like that, since you don't how you get one at the moment (since your not far in the game) I dont want to spoil anything..I'll just say it took like 8500+ resets before it was Shiny. x___x

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

I've tried chaining for shinies before but I lost patience pretty quickly, haha. I did encounter a shiny Graveler once though it exploded on me. I think I wasn't meant to ever own shiny Pokemon. :D

GarlandChaos

Holy Diver
Years

I...honestly don't remember what my last shiny was. I get the feeling that I found one in a recent playthrough, but the last one I remember was finding a shiny Pidove while playing White around 5 or 6 years ago. So.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

I love the surprise of random encounter shinies, ya know.

The random ones are usually the best but all the new ways to obtain one is nice.

I've tried chaining for shinies before but I lost patience pretty quickly, haha. I did encounter a shiny Graveler once though it exploded on me. I think I wasn't meant to ever own shiny Pokemon. :D

Not sure how you can put a smiley face at the end of that lol.

I...honestly don't remember what my last shiny was. I get the feeling that I found one in a recent playthrough, but the last one I remember was finding a shiny Pidove while playing White around 5 or 6 years ago. So.

Were you able to get it?

I got lucky with shiny Graveler in 4th Gen. Both Diamond and Soul Silver had me catch one.

Lucky not just because of finding a shiny but that at least one of them didn't use Self-destruct like above.

pkmin3033

I was hoping to find a shiny during my OR playthrough when I was getting one of everything possible for my 6th Gen living dex, but...nope.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

The last Shiny I found was a random Shiny Eevee in X on the route after Cyllage City whilst levelling up some Pokemon. He has a Rash nature and I evolved him into Jolteon. :)

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

The next Shiny Im trying to Masuda Method is a Buneary.

I was hoping to find a shiny during my OR playthrough when I was getting one of everything possible for my 6th Gen living dex, but...nope.

Yeah, even though they brought down the chance a lot finding a true random one is still so hard. Did you actually complete that living dex though?

pkmin3033

Yeah, even though they brought down the chance a lot finding a true random one is still so hard. Did you actually complete that living dex though?
Not yet. I got everything that was possible on OR without trading and excluding evo/pre-evos you can catch in other games - which amounts to around 360 Pokemon - and I've left the file to start a new game on X...which I've barely played due to Fire Emblem Echoes and now Apollo Justice. I'll finish it eventually, though!

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

Alright, well good luck on that. The trade evos are the worst but it seems like you've got that covered having more games.

When ypu say complete living dex does that mean you trying to collect all those event mons as well?

pkmin3033

Nah, just one of everything. I made a post in the Catch 'Em All Club regarding my rules for it, but I'll quote it for you to save you hunting for it if you're curious:

- With the exception of Event Pokemon, all Pokemon must have my name (Dawn) as the OT. Obviously the trainer ID will vary, although asides from version exclusives and one-per-game Pokemon (starters and Legendary Birds) the primary trainer IDs will be from my first playthroughs of OR and X. These will be the ones I don't restart.
- Everything must be caught. Exceptions to this are things I need to breed due to not being obtainable any other way (excluding any Friend Safari exclusives, because I am not hunting online for the right safari) and starters, because three times each for XY and ORAS is quite enough.
- For the moment, this does not include forme differences...because if it did I would need to play ORAS four times to get one of every Deoxys, and I think I'd cry if I had to do that. Plus there is the Unown problem. Living Dex completion comes first, and if I make it that far, I'll see how I feel about hunting for Unown and play AS for a third time.
- No Master Balls for Legendaries, unless they're shiny. Going to regret this one before it's over I think...
- Obviously, no cheating. Although I don't have any software I can use to hack my 3DS anyway, so it's a moot point.

Fortunately for me I have all four games, and two 3DS...I'll be getting a 2DS XL next month too. So trade evos aren't a problem. Although getting the items for some of them that requires doing Battle facilities is going to annoy me, because I've generally avoided those since Platinum...

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

^Yeah you're pretty much set. XD. Wait, there's a 2ds Xl now?

I think your best bet for that place is to spam a whole bunch of legends since you're only trying to grab those items.

So after finding out if it was ok I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a battle?

pkmin3033

2DS XL is coming out on the 28th of next month, looks pretty nice I think. I wouldn't bother but it has a microSD card slot, which is extremely convenient for me since I've filled mine up now...can swap it out for a new one without screwing around with it too much. Plus I kinda already sold my N3DS XL...damn thing was pretty heavy, actually. Really ached using it for long periods. Plus the return to the clamshell design is nice and who needs 3D anyway.

I will probably use allowed Legendaries in battle facilities, yeah...I have a very nice EV-trained Latios with a +SpAtk nature and a 31 IV in it too. He was my star in OR...and the first Level 100 I've trained in quite a long time. xD

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

^This version could have been really helpful forever ago...........

Sounds like it'll work out for you though.

Leveling up in Oras is easy thanks to Blissey Bases, or did you go the harder way?

pkmin3033

Yeah, it looks really nice, and it has the updated capabilities of the N3DS, so it's worth the buy if you don't already have one...I have a standard size of both models, but I like big screens every now and then for some games.

I did about 90% of my painful grinding in Sky Pillar...and then I heard about Blissey bases. I was none too happy about it, haha. But now that I know about it, the few annoying Pokemon I have left to level up (most of them from Unova...) I will transfer to OR and level that way, so it'll save me a few hours at least.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

I feel like a bigger screen is always the best haha.

Before learning of bases why the training in the Sky Pillar wouldn't going to the league have worked out better?

Considering you have all the 6th gen games and mention transfering from Unova do you have games from all gens?

pkmin3033

Well, it depends on the game, really. For DS games it can be pretty detrimental sometimes if they're overly pixellated, and some 3DS games it looks weird. But for other titles with a lot of detail, like Hyrule Warriors Legends, or Xenoblade Chronicles 3D...yeah, bigger is better. Weight was always an issue with XL consoles too; they're heavy after a while. But the 2DS XL is a lot lighter, so hopefully that'll do away with that issue...

Maybe...I wanted to do as many as possible at once, so my team was literally five Pokemon I needed to train + Latios to kill everything. Latios wouldn't have been able to solo the E4 until around Level 85 or so, probably.

I have everything from third gen onwards; all I'm missing is Gold (which I've never owned) and Red (which I used to have but lost years ago) of the core titles. xD

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

Ah, I never really payed attention to stuff like this since Im ever only focused on the Pokemon games. But yeah that makes sense.

I think I got extremly used to holding a N3dsxl but that sounds like an improvement.

Have you tried the VIrtual console versions of the old games?

pkmin3033

Oh? You don't play anything else? :o

Well, I guess if you get used to it, it doesn't make a difference. I didn't get a DS until the Lite came out, and the 3DS started off pretty small, so I never really got used to it.

Yes! They've aged terribly. TERRIBLY. I bought Yellow but I didn't finish it, haha. Guessing you've tried them too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back