• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you nickname your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
Years
Let's see, my pokemon nicknames are as follows:

Chandelure- Candlejack (Heh, considering her first form was a candle, and their PD entry says they lure people away, i thought of Candlejack. Pretty c-

Haxorus- Blade ( He has blade tusks obviously)

Hydreigon- Ghidorah ( Named after the three headed dragon from Godzilla)

Volcarona- Vulcan ( The roman name for the god of fire)

Zoroark- Ark ( Sounded right xD)

Carracosta- Crush ( After the sea turtle from Finding Nemo)

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
My current Pokemon nicknames.... those would be:

M: Benny the Audino (I couldn't think of a better name..... fitting, no?)

M: Ivy the Serperior (As a Snivy, his tail looked like ivy. Plus him being a grass-type, it fits. :))

M: Judo the Sawk (WAH! It dealt with martial arts, so...)

N: Tricky the Victini (I was at a loss for names. :\)

M: Mamepato the Unfezant (I liked Pidove's japanese name better. Thinking of renaming him Phantom, as in Phantom of the opera, due to his facial mask.)

F: Thunder the Zebstrika (I thought of naming her Sparky, but it wasn't cool enough.:cool:)

(P.S. M= male, F= female, and N= no gender.)

I plan on nicknaming Reshiram once I get it. (not telling you what the nickname is... yet.)

UPDATE: Actually, I have my Reshiram now. Wanna know what I called it?

.....I nicknamed it.... Sephiroth. (The white hair. ><)

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Amphitrite- Female Servine

Neko- Female Purrloin

Persephone- Female Munna

Nuadu- Male Cottonee

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
Batto - Woobat
Chubbeh - Patrat
LOLBOT - Roggenrola
Fluffeh - Panpour
Fatteh - Throh
Sweeteh - Audino
Fewido - Tympole
LilBaddie - Timburr
Sparkeh - Blitzle
Fushei - Lillipup
Churpie - Pidove
Kitteh - Purrloin
Fifoo - Snivy

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
Really random things that pop into my head at the time of capture. I named my Litwick Spark. Why? I don't know, but he ended up evolving into a powerful Chandelure, so I'm happy. :3

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Theme naming?

So, my friends and I have been doing a little thing for B/W where we took the names of the Pokémon we want to be on our team, and name them according to a specific set. For example, a friend of mine is doing famous trolls (trolls in the Internet sense XD), and I'm doing plants. My current team is:

Lis -- Servine (From 'fleur de lis', a motif I seem to see on the Tsutaaja line -- STILL NOT CALLING IT SNIVY!)
Rookwood -- Timburr (I had to name this one on the fly, and it's only later that I found out rookwood wasn't a type of tree. I kind of want to rename her Dogwood now, but...)
Kudzu -- Venipede (Kudzu is a vine known as 'the mile-a-minute vine' or 'the vine that ate the South' because it grows fast and grows hard; it's aggressive like a Venipede.)

How about you, PokéCom? (Of course, if you don't have a theme, just tell us your nicknames >:3)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Oh, theme naming! I love those. I didn't go with themed names this time around, although I do give everything a nickname, which results in a weird collection of joke names, references, and mythology. I did convince a friend to name her whole team after cars, though.

I followed a naming scheme in my heartgold; they were all named after TMBG songs. (I then sorted them via album in my PC.) And in Platinum, most of my ingame team was named after monsters from Telefang.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So, my friends and I have been doing a little thing for B/W where we took the names of the Pokémon we want to be on our team, and name them according to a specific set. For example, a friend of mine is doing famous trolls (trolls in the Internet sense XD), and I'm doing plants. My current team is:

Lis -- Servine (From 'fleur de lis', a motif I seem to see on the Tsutaaja line -- STILL NOT CALLING IT SNIVY!)
Rookwood -- Timburr (I had to name this one on the fly, and it's only later that I found out rookwood wasn't a type of tree. I kind of want to rename her Dogwood now, but...)
Kudzu -- Venipede (Kudzu is a vine known as 'the mile-a-minute vine' or 'the vine that ate the South' because it grows fast and grows hard; it's aggressive like a Venipede.)

How about you, PokéCom? (Of course, if you don't have a theme, just tell us your nicknames >:3)

This is covered by the nickname thread, so meeerged~

Only theme I had was celebrity names. XD

Lowreh

I'd be Gary if I could
Years
I'm a science geek, so I name my Pokemon broadly under appropriate sciencey words :3

Thus far:
Vaporeon (Osmosis) - Osmosis, the movement of water
Unfezant (MHC) - Major Histocompatibilty Complex, a carrier molecule
Hydregion (Tonsil) - First thing that came to mind, seemed to work
Galvantula (Purkinje) - After Purkinje fibres, electrical conducting fibres in the heart
Zekrom (The Face) - No relevance, just sounded cool
Kyurem (Hypotherm) - Because I couldn't fit Hypothermia

Have others, but they're currently in Amanita's PC and not sitting right in front of me :3

aCrazyAsian

i br33d f0r joo
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2011
I caught Alomomola just so I could name him Kanye West.

Also Kanye is my water HM slave (:

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2011
Here's a few:

I named my female Weavile Mrs. Clawz, my Serperior's named Alfred Hiss, I named my Qwilfish Naval Mine, my Patrat is Jerry, and my Jynx's name is Sexy

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 32
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
As always I am naming them after my fav female pro wrestlers :p pretty unorthodox but cool.

Years
Named my Oshawoot - Renegade, just because i could, no real reason behind it other than i thought it would fit it well :)

My Pansear i named Fiery, cause well yeah its crazy about fire!

After those i didn't really name much, so i think im waiting with more custom names untill i start to EV train for a competitive team.

Wyatt999

Eevee Collector
Years
Emboar: Blayze

Kyurem: Kai

Luvdisc: Luver

Metagross: Tagro as in meTAGROss

Golurk: Luke (Lurk is kinda like Luke)

Zekrom: Zeke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back