• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My real name is too long for the games to comprehend (i.e. not enough characters on the screen), so normally I go for an abbreviated version. However, in Black version, I thought "screw it" and just went with Mike. Dunno why. Not even a massive fan of the name, but that's who's going around Unova now, I guess...

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Often I'd go with Bill or Bob or Hungry or GoCrazy. Those are the ones I usually go with anyways. Back in the day I liked going with my rl name or Silver in GSC though, heh.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I don't remember the last time I used my real name in a game, but I'll often use a real name of a completely random person. It doesn't even matter who that person is; names just pop into my head randomly and I use them.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Sometimes I use my real name, sometimes I like to use Xavier because idk why it just sounds cool. Nowadays I play as the girl and usually name myself Hayley or something like that. In my current run I called myself Haruna and I have no idea why.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I go by various names in game. Plus they're both short, so they're able to fit in 7 characters. I always played as a girl, though I wouldn't mind trying out as a guy. muahaha.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Time to give this thing a little CPR.

Now that we're still in PGC, what's everyone's favourite Pokemon game that they've played? For me it would be SoulSilver: revamping and improving on my already-favourite region, it took full control of the DS' features and was a joy to play.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Gah that's a hard one to choose...On the one had, nostalgia compels me to choose Crystal because, you know, nostalgia. xD On the other hand, Soul Silver really took a great game and made it even better...Damn, so hard to choose. xD I guess I would choose Soul Silver because it has all the new features everyone loves. :P

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Err...well, Crystal gives me a warm sense of nostalgia (despite the fact I've only ever played the game on ROMS).

On the other hand, Emerald managed to combine both nostalgia and a little more modern features and was really "magical" to me, as cheesy as it sounds. I felt as a little kid that I was the boy in the game, walking around the mystical Heonn region.

Black was the most modern of all so it also deserves credit, but it loses brownie points because all the nostalgia is now lost. This would've been forgivable if Black was incredible and amazing, and it is to an extent, but I think if I was designing the game I could've expanded the updated graphics and features to their fullest. Maybe it's just me.

I'm really not sure...if there was a game based on the anime (any season, up to Advanced Generation--Diamond & Pearl got sort of icky) that that would be my choice.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
I don't really pick favorites as they are all special as they are,but if I must pick, it's Diamond
It was my first game and it was magical :3

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
My favourite game is Emerald too! And this thread needs revival..

*poof*

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I think that this is the first time it's been in OC since it was made.

Back