• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ancient Relics: The Fossil Fanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Name: Slayr231
Partner: Cradily

I love Cradily. Not only is it a grass type, but it's also one of the only fossil pokemon I used competitively. It has forced the most rage-quits I have seen with any pokemon. I haven't even seen Jirachii force more. There's something to be said of that! With curse, it easily slides its way to my favorite spot of all the fossil pokemon.

Sirfetch’d

Partner: Tyrunt

Um... is there a limit on how many partners we can have?
If I could have 2, I'd also like to have Amura...
If not, I'll just stick with Tyrunt...

Personally, I LOVE the new fossil pokemon... I have NEVER been as excited for fossil pokemon as I am now...

I'm seeing Tyrunt evolving into a EPIC T-rex that'll strike fear into the heart of other
like the T-rex did to the Jurassic Park characters & Amura evolving into something beautiful,
something like a quaduped Milotic...

Welcome to the club! I am so excited to see that you chose the new little T-rex as your partner because he is certainly a badass Pokemon isn't he? What are your expectations out of the two in terms of stats? Do you see them being powerful or more defensive oriented?

I love Cradily. Not only is it a grass type, but it's also one of the only fossil pokemon I used competitively. It has forced the most rage-quits I have seen with any pokemon. I haven't even seen Jirachii force more. There's something to be said of that! With curse, it easily slides its way to my favorite spot of all the fossil pokemon.

Welcome as well! I am so happy to see another Cradlily fan out there :D I feel that it is such an underrated Pokemon that doesn't get the respect that it deserves. Sure it isn't the most visually appealing Pokemon out there, but it can certainly be a force in battle. Are there any other Fossil Pokemon that you like besides Cradlily? :o

*Alex could you update the OP with my new account please?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Micchone said:
Welcome as well! I am so happy to see another Cradlily fan out there :D I feel that it is such an underrated Pokemon that doesn't get the respect that it deserves. Sure it isn't the most visually appealing Pokemon out there, but it can certainly be a force in battle. Are there any other Fossil Pokemon that you like besides Cradlily? :o
Let's see, I also like Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Armaldo, and Archeops. I've used Armaldo on my NU team as a rapid spinner, but I felt like it didn't belong and before long, I had replaced it. The others I like purely out of design. Don't get me wrong, I like all the fossil pokemon, but these are my favorites.

Sirfetch’d

Let's see, I also like Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Armaldo, and Archeops. I've used Armaldo on my NU team as a rapid spinner, but I felt like it didn't belong and before long, I had replaced it. The others I like purely out of design. Don't get me wrong, I like all the fossil pokemon, but these are my favorites.

I'm a huge fan of Kabutops and Aerodactyl as well. Really all of the original fossil Pokemon were great because of how powerful they are. I love using them on my competitive teams because of all the different roles that they can play. They can either be a supporter or all out attacker and be successful either way!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Ooh, I was waiting for this!

Name: Hoenn
Partner: Aerodactyl

Favourite Fossil Pokémon
WHAT DID I JUST HEAR THIS <.<
Aerodactyl (duh) because I really liked the pterodactyl design and the Old Amber thing. It was, I suppose, the only third fossil in any game, so I say it's a bit special. I really liked its alluring stats... and Roost of all, it's movepool. I used it quite a few times in Platinum and FireRed, and kept a slot to record it's wins. I should say that this guy is not to be messed with either, he's a creditable asset to any well-planned competitive team.

Sirfetch’d

Favourite Fossil Pokémon
Aerodactyl (duh) because I really liked the pterodactyl design and the Old Amber thing. It was, I suppose, the only third fossil in any game, so I say it's a bit special. I really liked its alluring stats... and Roost of all, it's movepool. I used it quite a few times in Platinum and FireRed, and kept a slot to record it's wins. I should say that this guy is not to be messed with either, he's a creditable asset to any well-planned competitive team.

Welcome to the club dude! I love Aerodactyl because of how fast he is. This Pokemon is so good on competitive teams because it can outspeed, taunt the opponent, and then set up rocks which is a perfect combination. Not to mention that it has a massive attack star that can devastate opponents quickly with Stone Edge. Really a great choice as a partner :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: Stoney the Togekiss
Partner: Tyrunt

Um... is there a limit on how many partners we can have?
If I could have 2, I'd also like to have Amura...
If not, I'll just stick with Tyrunt...

Personally, I LOVE the new fossil pokemon... I have NEVER been as excited for fossil pokemon as I am now...

I'm seeing Tyrunt evolving into a EPIC T-rex that'll strike fear into the heart of other
like the T-rex did to the Jurassic Park characters & Amura evolving into something beautiful,
something like a quaduped Milotic...
SORRY THERE ARE NO TYRUNT/AMURA SPRITES YET :((( I'll add you to the list for now but we'll have to see about partner sprites a bit later sorry! And I agree, the new fossils are incredible omg.

tyrunt_and_amaura_by_zermonious-d6mku90.png

The Ice one is so unique (and not to mention adorable!) and Tyrunt is just pure badass. Both have really interesting type combinations this time around so I'm interested to see how they work but Ice/Rock is unfortunately doomed to fail I think... Dragon/Rock could work well, especially for an offensive type, but I think it'd be better as Dark/Rock given the boost it gets to biting moves like Crunch. ANYWAY HI WELCOME TO THE CLUB :D

I guess since I made my own teams for all the other clubs, I should make my own "fossil" team:

Spoiler:
Just curious but why use Kabutop, Kabutops, Omanyte and Omastar all on the same team? :o There are so many other cool fossil Pokémon that it strikes me as odd using all of those together haha.

YO YO YO WELCOME ♥ I must admit, Cradily is actually the only fossil Pokémon I don't like haha. It's so... I don't even know - it just strikes me as this massive gross leech that'll cling to you and spew poison everywhere lmao. I love the Grass/Rock combination and it can have some interesting battle strategies but it's not one I've ever been fond of. I'd love to hear more about why you like it so much though, hopefully it'll rub off on me! :D

Ooh, I was waiting for this!

Favourite Fossil Pokémon
HIYA WELCOME HOW ARE YOU HAVE SOME FOSSILISED CAKE :D Aerodactyl really is a badass Pokémon, its very image is enough to strike fear into the enemy as he rockets towards them and rips them to pieces. His speed and attack capabilities are insanely powerful and the Rock/Flying-type gives him a lot of fun moves to use but it's a shame he can't just get that tiny bit more power that he needs to reach the top ranks. Regardless, I adore Aerodactyl and he's a big favourite of mine. I did a solo run with using just Aerodactyl on the PokéMMO game and it was such a fun run haha, I love using that bird thing ♥

So what do you guys think about the new fossils!

Sirfetch’d

Perfection. Game Freak could not have done any better with these Pokemon than what they did. I was literally speechless when I saw them for the first time because I was so impressed. I haven't used them in battle yet and they are already my favorite fossil Pokemon of all time. I love the design, typing, and everything about them. I cannot wait any longer to use these on my team. I rate these evolutions a 10/10

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years

I really like the designs. I'll wait to say if I love them for competitive battling, but they're already really up there on my favorites list. I'm really excited to see just how these pokemon will do in the meta-game. I'll just have to wait and see.

AlexOzzyCake said:
YO YO YO WELCOME ♥ I must admit, Cradily is actually the only fossil Pokémon I don't like haha. It's so... I don't even know - it just strikes me as this massive gross leech that'll cling to you and spew poison everywhere lmao. I love the Grass/Rock combination and it can have some interesting battle strategies but it's not one I've ever been fond of. I'd love to hear more about why you like it so much though, hopefully it'll rub off on me! :D
It does look a little weird, and it took a while for me to warm up to it, but check out this battle! It really shows off it's raging potential.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/phoenixleague-nu-16785

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015

They look like a dream come true. I really wanted them to have new fossils that look more dinosaur than ever, and here they come! Best of all, they still share the same "pill-little" design trait that all X & Y Pokémon seem to have. I honestly like Amura better because of that mild elegant yet cute look, since the "pill-little" design that all X & Y Pokémon have doesn't really suit a fierce look, but Tyrunt still lets off a good try! Their evos are NOT disappointing, they both seem to be awesome + cool. I do hope we know more about them tho... (Was wishing Amura was Fairy type... oh well, now it gets one of the worst typings in the game)

Sirfetch’d

(Was wishing Amura was Fairy type... oh well, now it gets one of the worst typings in the game)

It does really have the appearance of a Fairy type doesn't it? It is a bit puzzling as to why GF didn't decide to go that route and give it a Fairy typing, but oh well. Yes, I do agree that the typing it does have is a bit unfortunate because it will have so many weaknesses, but I kind of like it. It is unique and will have a great ability to help it out. I think that this Pokemon is going to be more powerful than people are giving it credit for and I cannot wait to try it out on one of my competitive teams despite the obvious drawbacks.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I love these new guys. Amura will need proper support, but if the stats are there, I could see it being pretty powerful. My favorite of the two, however, is Tyrantrum. That thing looks so epic! It has a unique type that I was wondering when they were going to finally do it. I can really see this thing having a huge attack stat and being a force in the meta-game.

Sirfetch’d

Tyrantrum apparently gets Head Smash as one of it's moves so that means if it also gets Outrage, it will have two of the most powerful attacks in all of Pokemon as STAB. Assuming that it has a high Attack stat, which it looks like it will, this Pokemon should be very good and very hard to stop.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
I just did a check up on the type chart & Tyrantrum will have 5 resistances
(Normal, Fire x2, Electric, Poison & Flying) while having 6 weaknesses.
(Ice, Fighting, Ground, Dragon, Steel & Fairy)

Aurorus will have 4 resistances
(Normal, Ice, Poison, Flying)
& have 6 weaknesses.
(Water, Grass, Fighting x2, Ground, Rock & Steel x2)

I don't think Aurorus weaknesses are as bad as they look...
It will not like Grass or Ground attacks, but Grass & Ground types fears it's Ice-type
attacks, of which it will have PLENTY, consindering that Refrigate turns all Nomal type
attacks to Ice-type. (& I heard the moves will be made stronger... not sure if there's
a bonus or they were talking about STAB...)
& I heard rumors that Aurorus will learn a new move called Freeze Dry that'll be super-effective
against Water-type pokemon.
So as long as it doesn't switch into them, I think it'll do fine against Water, Grass &
Ground types. (if the rumors of Freeze Dry is true, that is...)
The other 3 weaknesses are a WHOLE different story, though...

& can my partners evolve?

EDITED IN:
Freeze Dry is confirmed.
Like most Ice-type attacks, it has a small chance of freezing the opponent, but unlike
most Ice-type attacks, it'll deal super-effective damage vs. Water-types.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Problem is, Aurorus faces two 4x types, making it quite a big liability in the field. And Stealth Rock still is good against it; Rock isn't helping much at weakness covering, but there IS protection from fire, which is a relief.

Another thing is, Earthquake is a move that is taken by many non-ground types because of its coverage and good accuracy.

But that's a good thing that now finally ice can do away against water types... I wonder; will we see a third fossil this Generation?

Tyrantrum totally needs Outrage for good STAB... I just hope it can learn Outrage even if by egg move. If it learns some other resisting moves then I think it will be a whaler. Now it has to watch out for Fairy types, I think they can change the field against these Pokémon.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Problem is, Aurorus faces two 4x types, making it quite a big liability in the field. And Stealth Rock still is good against it; Rock isn't helping much at weakness covering, but there IS protection from fire, which is a relief.

Another thing is, Earthquake is a move that is taken by many non-ground types because of its coverage and good accuracy.

Fighting has always been well-populated & I predict a LARGE rise in usage of Steel attacks to
counter Fairy-types...
There is Stealth Rock & there's Rapid Spin...

I did think of that... but the most powerful ones comes from Ground-types...

& Aurorus' stats may or may not make up for it's short comings...

Years

Lovelovelove. They're basically Littlefoot and Chomper from Land Before Time, which brings back a lot of memories. :) I'll be using Amaura on my team if I have room and the boyfriend will grab Tyrantrum. They're really amazingly designed.. though nothing will ever beat Rampardos for me, hehe.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Tyrantrum apparently gets Head Smash as one of it's moves so that means if it also gets Outrage, it will have two of the most powerful attacks in all of Pokemon as STAB. Assuming that it has a high Attack stat, which it looks like it will, this Pokemon should be very good and very hard to stop.
No way, Head Smash and Outrage? I'm assuming it gets Earthquake too and hopefully there'll be some super strong biting move released (Hyper Fang is a possibility for him...?) so he'll be one hell of a badass Pokémon if he gets the Attack that we're hoping for. Plus Dragon and Rock are both two pretty offensive types to start with so I'm expecting this thing to destroy anything in its path paha.

I just did a check up on the type chart & Tyrantrum will have 5 resistances (Normal, Fire x2, Electric, Poison & Flying) while having 6 weaknesses. (Ice, Fighting, Ground, Dragon, Steel & Fairy)

Aurorus will have 4 resistances (Normal, Ice, Poison, Flying) & have 6 weaknesses. (Water, Grass, Fighting x2, Ground, Rock & Steel x2)

I don't think Aurorus weaknesses are as bad as they look... It will not like Grass or Ground attacks, but Grass & Ground types fears it's Ice-type attacks, of which it will have PLENTY, consindering that Refrigate turns all Nomal type attacks to Ice-type. (& I heard the moves will be made stronger... not sure if there's a bonus or they were talking about STAB...) & I heard rumors that Aurorus will learn a new move called Freeze Dry that'll be super-effective against Water-type pokemon. So as long as it doesn't switch into them, I think it'll do fine against Water, Grass & Ground types. (if the rumors of Freeze Dry is true, that is...) The other 3 weaknesses are a WHOLE different story, though...

& can my partners evolve?
Your partners can evolve once we find suitable sprites for them if you'd like! ;D Eek though, I didn't realise they both had quite that many weaknesses... I was expecting Aurorus to be weak to just about anything that touches it (though Ice/Rock is a great combination to fight most of them off, let's just hope he has some decent Speed) and he'll fall incredibly easy to most things in the OU tier with Bullet/Mach Punches flying all over the place, but I was expecting Tyrantrum to have a lot more resistances than that. Hopefully it won't end up disadvantaging them too much but we'll have to wait and see how they work in practice. Would it put you guys off if they ended up being weak to just about everything that exists? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back