• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wedlocke Challenge (Revisited)

Years
After Dark Leader Adam/Sairento Tamashii "left" the forums, I took over his running for the topic of the Wedlocke Challenge, a twist on the Nuzlocke Challenge. Credit goes to Marriland (YouTuber) for the creation of this challenge.

mqdefault.jpg

Rules:
Spoiler:

Other Questions:
Spoiler:

Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

When is my challenge complete?
Spoiler:

Here is the application form:
Name:
Game:
Ultimate or Single?: (Ultimate = Doing one from every region. Example: Fire Red > Soul Silver > Ruby > Platinum > White 2 > X.)
Any optional rules?:

Here's mine, carried over from the previous thread:
Name: Crackle
Game: White
Ultimate or Single?: Single
Any optional rules: At no point outside of battle can my Pokémon's levels be higher than the highest level of the next Gym Leader, or Level 50 before entering the Elite Four. If ever they are, they can never be used again.

Single Challengers:
Spoiler:

Single Champions:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Name: Arrow_Riddari
Game: Pokemon Black [following Marriland whoot]
Ultimate or Single?: Single [have no clue what an Ultimate Wedlocke is]
Any optional rules?: Evolution line dupes clause [5 trials], shiny clause, can choose between two double battle Pokemon in the dark grass, In game trade and gift Pokemon allowed, evolution trade allowed [no importing Pokemon from other games though], if game freezes to start from wherever last Save area was, starter based on ID, no buying healing/hold items at Pokemart [Poke-balls/Mail/Escape Rope/TMs are allowed], no using healing items either, and oh, level cap [14 for first gym, then 20, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 45-55 Elite Four, 55 N, 60 Ghetsis, 68-75 Elite Four rematch, and 75-80 Alder]. Pinwheel Forest and Dragonspiral Tower counts as 2 encounters [outside and inside].

Update 1:
Spoiler:

Pairing:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Will add more later.

Years
White Wedlocke, Update #2

Spoiler:

So here's my team:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Long update is long, but there we go.

Years
Since I failed Manly Pink Wedlocke because I blacked out here is the new sign-up:

Name: AoTora
Game: FireRed Randomizer - if it's allowed - if not Ruby.
Any optional rules?: Nickname everything, Blackout is game over.

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
Name: AngelicPikachu
Game: YAFRH
Ultimate or Single?: Single For the moment (may go ultimite after bit)
Any optional rules?: Nickname everything! Starter based last number on Trainer ID! (1/4/7-1st Poke'ball) (2/5/8-2nd Poke'ball) (3/6/9 3rd Poke'ball) (0-Free Pick)

Last edited:
Years
Well, haven't really had much of a chance to update this lately because of how slow the thread is, but guess i'll fill in what i've accomplished in the long wait between posts. I don't think I need to use many screens right now, however.

Spoiler:

Here's my team:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Well that's what i've done so far. I should have this over with before too long.

Years
Thanks for taking this challenge, I completely forgot about it when I left, Glad to see someone enjoy the wedlocke style challenge :p

No problem. I asked in the Leave/Return/Account switch thread but you must not have caught it, no worries though. I do thoroughly enjoy it, so I don't mind. :)

As for my progress, all i've done since the last post was get through Dragonspiral Tower and the Relic Castle then get the Dark Stone from Alder and Juniper at the museum. I still have Bianca to fight on Route 8, which does worry me a little...and then there's Iris, who might be a hassle. Oh boy.

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
@ Cracle

Oh I should just wrote it out...I'm sorry

Yet Another Fire Red Hack *YAFRH

Years
  • Age 121
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Name:MindGames74
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Any optional rules:In the event I black out my Pokemon are "protected from further harm" and can make it to the center on time and can save them from death. Also if there is a lone survivor from a battle his/her partner can survive as well. This is because this is my first "locke". I Would do a regular Nuzlocke but I much prefer the story aspect of the wedlocke:)

Years
Alright, added you.

Here's my progress since my last post:
Spoiler:

Here's my team:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 121
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Lets start our Fire Red adventure!

Progress
Spoiler:

Team/Pairings
Spoiler:

Deaths
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Name: The_epic_Sammy
Game: fire Red, Gold, Ruby , Diamond, black, x
Ultimate or Single?: ultimate
Any optional rules?: Can hack for trade evolutions only

Years
Ooooooh, we have an Ultimate Challenger here. Awesome, I am seriously contemplating doing an Ultimate soon myself. B)

As for me...
White Wedlocke - Semi-Finale

Spoiler:

So here's my team:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

So I just have N and Ghetsis left...gulp. (Unless I decide to do the post-game and rematch the Elite Four and Alder, which I don't know if I will or not.)

EDIT:

White Wedlocke - Finale

I beat N and Ghetsis. Here was how it turned out:
Spoiler:

Final team: (No screenshots because I haven't taken them and I don't have my capture 3DS with me at the moment.)
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Well, that's all taken care of! I'll definitely be doing an Ultimate later, but not at the moment.

Last edited:
Years
Wow, people. A month and no posts? I'm disappointed. Time to really YOLOSWAG it!

Username: Crackle
Game: White 2
Any optional rules: Challenge Mode.
You may not use any items from the bag in battle. Outside of battle is fine, though.
At no point can my Pokémon's levels exceed the highest level of the next Gym Leader. If ever they are, they can never be used again.

Spoiler:

So here's my team:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Additionally...
Username: Crackle
Games: Leaf Green, Crystal, Ruby, Platinum, White (DONE), X
Ultimate or Single?: Ultimate
Any optional rules: All: At no point can my Pokémon's levels exceed the highest level of the next Gym Leader (or before entering the Elite Four: 58 for Leaf Green, 47 for Crystal, 55 for Ruby, 60 for Platinum, or 65 for X). If ever they are, they can never be used again. (This will not apply to Kanto in Crystal, however.) EXCEPTION: Any challenge I decide to do "must complete in one sitting" on.

Years
Completed it on Ruby randomizer ~ Gosh it was so hard >_< Especially when my game decided to randomly start freezing through the elite 4 - I beat first one - saved but my save state wouldn't work - it froze - and I had to battle it again - and that happened with every single elite 4 member >_> A lot of deaths aswell D:

Anyways ~
Deaths: 32 D: Most of them happened thanks to stupid crits >_< The most devastating oens were probably Altaria and Charizard ~ I lost Charizard to Blizzard and crit and I lost Altaria to Dragon Claw ~ while she was paralyzed - and that stupid flygon? (Forgot which one killed her D:) got crit aswell >_>

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

FIRST PAIR:

354.gif

Doll|Male|Impish Nature|Insomnia|Lvl 61|@Scope Lens
Faint Attack
Thunder
Night Shade
Shadow Ball

321.gif

Blue|Female|Sassy Nature|Water Veil|Lvl 60|@Mystic Water
Surf
Waterfall
Water Spout
Hydro Pump

Second Pair:
166f.gif

Lucky|Female|Jolly Nature|Swarm|@Scope Lens
Thunderbolt
Reflect
Light Screen
Drill Peck

135.gif

Bolt|Male|Docile Nature|Volt Absorb|Lvl 61|@Magnet
Pin Missile
Double Kick
Thunder
Crunch​

New sign-up:

Username: AoTora
Games: Pearl Randomizer
Any optional rules: °Must nickname everything
°Dupes and shiny clause (Dupes clause is off for eeveelutions though ~ I am gonna catch them even if I already have one of them)

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Username: GucciMeme
Game: FireRed Omega (Drayano's 386 and difficulty hack)
Challenge type: Single, but I might do another depending on my satisfaction with this Challenge.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I've decided to do a Wonder Wedlocke:

Name: Eleck.
Game: X.
Ultimate or Single?: Single.
Any optional rules?:

Any pokemon that you catch should be WonderTraded away. (with the exception of Snorlax and the forced Pidgey encounter.

Any shiny that you catch may not be Wonder Traded away but cannot be used.

If you get the same pokemon from Wonder Trade again then it must be WTed away.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
First update for FireRed Omega!

Spoiler:

THE CURRENT TEAM
Spoiler:

I HAVE to Double-post here, because I just blackes out against Surge, so I'm pulling out. FireRed Omega is harder than I remember...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Doing a Wedlocke on my actual white version, Simple rules and I have decided not to nickname my pokemon, I know it's usually a recommended thing but I couldn't be bothered to do that.

Just beat the first gym and currently in the dreamyard.

Badges: 1/8
Triobadge.png

Box: 0

Deaths: 0

Team:

Pair 1:
498.gif

Level 12 - Rash - Blaze
Tackle - Ember - Tail whip - Odor Sleuth

504.gif

Level 11 - Jolly - Keen Eye
Bite - Tackle - Leer - Detect

Made an error with My second pair both of them were male good thing I didn't use em for the gym battle.

Last edited:
Back