• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Does running increase the encounter rate, and if so, does anyone know how much by?

Thanks in advance!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Does running increase the encounter rate, and if so, does anyone know how much by?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, it increases; I don't know the exact percentage, though. An NPC says that using a Bicycle or Running Shoes in tall grass will alert Pokemon due to the loud sound they make. Not sure about this functionality in caves, though. Since you're also making more ground in the same time, you're effectively getting a double bonus to wild battles as well.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah, it increases; I don't know the exact percentage, though. An NPC says that using a Bicycle or Running Shoes in tall grass will alert Pokemon due to the loud sound they make. Not sure about this functionality in caves, though. Since you're also making more ground in the same time, you're effectively getting a double bonus to wild battles as well.
It's the same for caves =)
But omg why did they put this in the game? :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
Help raising lvl 100 stats

I imported a lvl 100 Shaymin from SS to White and its stats seemed relatively low to me. I checked to see its max stats when fully EV trained and my shaymin's stats aren't even close to the max. I think this might be cause I used vitamins. Anyway I tried EV training my hp first at Icarus city (current 320/ max 340) but after killing quite a few even with a macho brace, the hp of my shaymin remained the same. Is there any way that I can continue raising the stats of my shaymin?

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
EVs only affect stats after you've leveled up, and even then it's spread out. You could do a full 255 EVs (the most that can be used on one specific stat, btw) for a stat in one level but the stat isn't going to magically go up to its max once you go up one level -- it just increases slightly with each level you go up. Because your Pokemon is lvl100 now, the only way to make those EVs go into effect is the Box Trick (not sure if this works in B/W though), just put it in the box and take it back out and its stat should go up because its stats are recalculated every time it goes in the box. But like I said I don't know if this works in 5th gen.

It sounds to me like you need to do a little more research on EVs and how they work. This guide would be a good place to start.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that EVs are automatically calculated after battles in B/W and the box trick didn't make a difference.

xX13LoneWolf13Xx

The Pokemon Master
Years
Master Ball Time!

Hey guys, I have a question. I got a Master Ball from Prof. Juniper and I'm currently working on the league. I just wanted to know if I should use my Masterball on Zekrom (I'm using Pokemon White) or should I save it for any other legendary Pokemon's to capture within future progress of the game? I don't know if this would help but here's my Pokemon team for Pokemon White:

Lv. 55 Emboar

Lv. 45 Carracosta

Lv. 45 Unfezant

I know, I know. Only three pokemon with two of them not really high enough for the league. But I made it this far didn't I?

Hopefully whoever reads this can help.

Thanks!

xX13LoneWolf13Xx

The Pokemon Master
Years
Hmm... You're right. thanks for the quick reply! Jut asking witch are the wandering legend's? I haven't got the game until recently.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
As of now it's Tornadus(if your playing Black) and Thundurus(if your playing White). If I remember correctly they roam in the North part of the region during the night and the South part during the day. So it may not be as hard to encounter one over and over as say the Dogs, or Lati@s duo.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
is ther any way for me to transfer poekmon from a 5th gen game, to a 4th gen? i know how to do it from 4th to 5th but not the other way around:( any help would be great thanks

Years
Korean Pokemon

Are they allowed to be traded out of Korea in this generation? and if their not would you consider Korean Pokemon to be hacked if obtained by a N/A game?

Im not sure if this is in the right thread....

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
Years
is ther any way for me to transfer poekmon from a 5th gen game, to a 4th gen? i know how to do it from 4th to 5th but not the other way around:( any help would be great thanks

Nope, it isn't possible to transfer them from 5th gen back to 4th gen.

xX13LoneWolf13Xx

The Pokemon Master
Years
It would be awesome if you could transfer from a 5th to a 4th. But don't you need to beat the league or something first before you can transfer from any generation?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sorry what's a berry row? I am new to the Pokemon scene.

Moving this to quick questions, so that after I've explained you can repost and still be on-topic with the 24 hour thread. :)

Basically, when you enter the Dream World, if you click the left arrow at the bottom, you'll be taken to a garden. You start off with two "rows" where you can plant three berries on each row. As you gain more points, more rows appear, so you move from the option to plant 6 berries, to 9, etc with the maximum being 5 as mentioned, hopefully that clears it up!

If you're unsure what the Dream World is, try checking our stickied FAQ. :3

HeckYeahSeaking

Aqua Trainer-Wannabe
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
I plan on getting a 5th Gen game on my birthday (soon-ish-ly), I'm just wondering which pokemon you can't get on White (which I'm leaning more toward) and which pokemon you can't get on Black. I'm just asking so I can have a more educated choice and not slap my self in the head when I can't get an awesome looking pokemon.
Q.Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back