• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ambient

Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?

• Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning.

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SereneAmbience

Founder of Pokémon Ambient
Years
Why don't you just create a sequel to your game then?
My friend, I may take up on that idea. Well I guess when the time comes I will burn that bridge, but I DO indeed plan to work solely on the Serene region until completed.

BTW I am sorry for just saying "I want to join" Nice Story. I cannot wait for how it will turn out to be
Thanks again though for attempting!

SereneAmbience

Years
You confused me. Was not I chosen and Welcome!
I apologize, I was under the impression "I am sorry for just saying 'I want to join'" meant you no longer wanted to be apart of the team. Quite a puzzling statement, and you are completely welcomed!

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I meant that I simply said "I want to join" oh nevermind lol! PM me what tiles i need to rip

SereneAmbience

Years
Winter trimester is over for me so I'm back and ready to fire out my ideas! I have updated almost all of my information on the Google Site found in my signature. I am in the process of filling in the information for each town/city/location. Here's an example of Aramid Town Most of the pages will look like this. Check out the features tab also, because I took this thread's comments into consideration while updating.

Check it out! Tell me what you think! If anyone can help me with a banner/logo I would greatly appreciate it.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
dw dude I got you
2s308

2s331

2s3JI
[I suck with userbars lol]

You've definitely deserved these, this is literally the only project in the showcase that shows aspiration beyond being a standard game and has a ton of potential, keep up the good work, man.

btw if you need help with graphical stuff in the future just lmk!

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
You've definitely deserved these, this is literally the only project in the showcase that shows aspiration beyond being a standard game and has a ton of potential, keep up the good work, man.

btw if you need help with graphical stuff in the future just lmk!

HOLY CAMERUPT, GLIGARMAN! =O
.........................................................wow.....
You totally blew my mind! I will definitely be using these images and userbar! I think I just shed a few tears... Thank you so much for the comment also!

Last edited:

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I am busy.. Exams.near....Can't talk.. Lol joking I am busy as exams are near

SereneAmbience

Years
Team Static is rolling off the pages of my notebook and into public view. But I have to say I have thousands of notes for different storyline options for this group. I looked it all over, made a few changes, and put as much on the page that wouldn't give the entire plot away. I put in as much information up to the point the player hears about them. I do; however, plan to put more later, but for now I think that will do.

Updated some information for Gym Leader, Characters, and League Authority. Also implemented a Beta Ideas tab, where I am putting all my unused data/ideas. It's a good tab for me to reflect on, but also for viewers to see where I started and how I am doing now.

Working on Coir City now (the towns take the longest, because of my notes deem clustered). Check back on it later also to see the progress.

Last edited:

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
This project looks really good; I'd love to help you, even though I'm working on my own game as well (I like making myself busy XD).

You don't really have a mapper option, so I'd like to do that. If you need to see an example, here's Kaskyo Town from Pokémon Topaz:
mrh2q.png

Also, will this game have Fakemon, or just stick with the current 649?

And Fire Flyy, that userbar and those logos look amazing. How did you make them?

SereneAmbience

Years
You don't really have a mapper option, so I'd like to do that.
Well first off, thank you for the comment. I actually have mapped a few games myself, but I planned to do this one solo. HOWEVER, I could use an assistant in helping with details and maintaining physics. Send me a pm if you are still interested!

Also, will this game have Fakemon, or just stick with the current 649?
I believe in dreaming big and working 110%. I really thought about Fakemon and new concepts, but I decided that Ambient would be better with just "Tropically-Adapted" Pokémon. Making alternate adapted forms for 649 Pokémon is already a challenge in itself.

Maybe after everything is coming along and the forms are getting close to completion and if I felt that the game lacks Pokémon. I may add in a few. Great topic though to discuss. If many viewers want to add that into Pokémon Ambient, you being the first, then I would gladly build a few.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I really thought about Fakemon and new concepts, but I decided that Ambient would be better with just "Tropically-Adapted" Pokémon. Making alternate adapted forms for 649 Pokémon is already a challenge in itself.
Wait; I recall from the Orange Islands arc of Pokémon, where certain pokemon featured had a sort of alternate form based on the different temperature and climate.
Are you saying you will be doing a similar thing in your game? because that would be amazing O.O

SereneAmbience

Years
Wait; I recall from the Orange Islands arc of Pokémon, where certain pokemon featured had a sort of alternate form based on the different temperature and climate.
Are you saying you will be doing a similar thing in your game? because that would be amazing O.O

SO AMAZING! I actually based that concept from that saga. Seeing Butterfree with a different coloration and brown spots was the start. I plan to create all new forms/shinys for each Pokémon. Like my Features tab says, "New Looks, Moves, Types, Colors, and Abilities." Pokémon that live in the same climates and conditions also have the same attributes, kind of the like the Pinkan Island concept.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
SO AMAZING! I actually based that concept off of that saga. Seeing Butterfree with a different coloration and brown spots was the start. I plan to create all new forms/shinys for each Pokémon. Like my Features tab says, "New Looks, Moves, Types, Colors, and Abilities." Pokémon that live in the same climates and conditions also have the same attributes, kind of the like the Pinkan Island concept.
That is awesome, I love this idea, and I really wanna see this game make it big! doing a whole tropical game and water ways instead of entire grass paths is so cool! making beach towns and stuff, I just can't wait! good luck with this! if you need custom stuff I wouldnt mind seeing if I could help you out :)

SereneAmbience

Years
That is awesome, I love this idea, and I really wanna see this game make it big! doing a whole tropical game and water ways instead of entire grass paths is so cool! making beach towns and stuff, I just can't wait! good luck with this! if you need custom stuff I wouldnt mind seeing if I could help you out :)

Well there isn't a huge amount of water "routes" per say. Classic Pokémon games normally have only a few routes on the water [I have 5 total]. But I do have a huge amount of beach locations! [I have 12 total] The tropical theme found in every map will enhance the feeling and mood of said site. I metaphorically plan to pour the salt on my entire plate! xD

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Here I am, Ambience! I can be a secondary composer (as I said I'm worried about making ALL of them :P ) and also a plot designer if you haven't made one yet (because I'm just good at that xD)

SereneAmbience

Years
Here I am, Ambience! I can be a secondary composer (as I said I'm worried about making ALL of them :P ) and also a plot designer if you haven't made one yet (because I'm just good at that xD)

Well thank you Fenne-kun for joining the team! Was I trying to hard to convince you? I apologize, but am glad to have your expertise. I'm waiting for replies from another composer that I just found who makes disco/upbeat Pokémon tunes. He seems knowledgeable and you two could join forces!

Plot designer... interesting. I'll give you a pm about it.

Also everyone should check out these new logos that Fire Flyy made, now they say Ambient! Wait to go Team Ambient!
ambientlogo1.png
ambientlogo2.png

Last edited:

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
I really like your idea, It's perfectly planned. And the logos fire flyy made are just awesome.
The tropical theme is one of my favourite things when it comes to some Pokémon Games.

There's only one thing I don't like in Pokémon games: Teams. Team Static's ideal it's great, there's nothing to discuss about that, the thing is the name. I think it should have a name that resembles a more serious organization, just to break the monotony of classic "Teams" found in every fan game.

Everything else seems perfectly fine, good luck with the project, I'll be keeping an eye for this!

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
I used to have a fun Plotline where there's a War between Pokemon and Human beings throughout Unova, and the player and his companions will have to make a difference to stop the war. Pokemon will be the White Faction and the Humans will be the Black Faction. He's always in the gray area and he'll have to solve the war between the two. To make it even more fun, the start of this crisis thing began with the collapse (more like destruction) of skyarrow bridge, cutting off two Factions from each other...

just putting it out there xD

SereneAmbience

Years
There's only one thing I don't like in Pokémon games: Teams. Team Static's ideal it's great, there's nothing to discuss about that, the thing is the name. I think it should have a name that resembles a more serious organization, just to break the monotony of classic "Teams" found in every fan game.
Considerable.... Except I wanted the classic Pokémon story elements: the cheesy antagonist, the single rival, all Pokémon obtainable, etc. It's like the best Pokémon Red & Blue, but changing the concept and theme to make a great game! As actors do when the go on stage and re-create a scene by changing setting and subtext, but still it's the great basic show.

I used to have a fun Plotline where there's a War between Pokemon and Human beings throughout Unova, and the player and his companions will have to make a difference to stop the war. Pokemon will be the White Faction and the Humans will be the Black Faction. He's always in the gray area and he'll have to solve the war between the two. To make it even more fun, the start of this crisis thing began with the collapse (more like destruction) of skyarrow bridge, cutting off two Factions from each other...
....my friend.... I'm glad I asked for your permission to use variations of this idea, because I think this will be a great addition to the game.

I'm working on creating tropically-adapted Pokémon now... Here's an example of some that are just recolored [each based on coloration errors in the anime]:
errorsr.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back