• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
YOU know what i love? That your putting yourself down. Tell you the truth your buildings are btter.why? Cause they are more appealing to my eye thats for sure.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Ah sorry. I blame the Jpeg image.
Yeah, see, when I looked at it, it looked like, you used the outlines of kyles and just messed around with the pixels, but yeah, they look scratch there.

Its alright, I understand. lol No harm done. I just wanted to make it clear that they are just referenced off of kyles buidlings but not edits.

ANYWAY, lol, I will be working on the next part of the story event coding today, but I also have to do some charset spriting so the update will probably not be till later.

YOU know what i love? That your putting yourself down. Tell you the truth your buildings are btter.why? Cause they are more appealing to my eye thats for sure.

Well thank you a lot. :D That means a lot to me.

Thanks for the comments.

Minorthreat

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Omg.. I can't believe I havn't posted on this game yet.
It looks fantastic. I love everything about it T_T
The buildings look good btw. ^_^
Great actually. The pokemon screen looks good ^_^ (one where you check summary and stuff)

How did you get the DP sprites to looks so good in battle :(
I wanna do that, but uh... they would like be to big and stuff =/

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
The DP Sprites look so good because I changed the overall screen size of my game to a larger size to compinsate and allow for the use of proper DP sprites, YAY.

Anyway, I ran behind schedule yesterday and didn't get to post the screens I wanted to so I figured I'd post them today.

TODAY'S SCREENS

capture000dd7.png
capture001hw9.png
capture002pz9.png

These screens show PROF.CEDAR, what does TEAM DISASTRO want with him, you will just have to wait for the DEMO to find out.

*The MISTY sprite is just a placeholder till MADISON gets a concept and a overworld sprite.

Enjoy the Screens.
Thanks for the comments and keep up comming.

Sincerely
Minorthreat

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
There is one grammatical error in there. When you are shortening 'you are', it is you're, not your like you are using in there.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Hey blueguy, are these any better..?
capture003oc5.png
capture004zr2.png

Yes they are! Those flowers are really nice, and the Jubilife tiles look good now! Good work. Why, though, do your three newer screenshots revert to old graphics, though?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Nice screens Minor!

And do you have any old resources you'd be willing to share? Your custom tiles are great.

And if you need any help in mapping and whatever else it is I do, I'm right here.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Lorum, thanks for pointing out the error, I will be sure to fix it. :D

This game looks great!
Did you make the hero yourself?
Yes I did make him myself.

Yes they are! Those flowers are really nice, and the Jubilife tiles look good now! Good work. Why, though, do your three newer screenshots revert to old graphics, though?

The newer screen shots are from the first forest in the game, and it uses a different tileset in the editor(So I can have the dark look, without tinting the entire screen), and I just haven't got around to changing the tileset yet, whoops, don't worry though, those screens will be updated once I fix the tileset and create a forest tree.

Nice screens Minor!

And do you have any old resources you'd be willing to share? Your custom tiles are great.

And if you need any help in mapping and whatever else it is I do, I'm right here.

Um, I actually don't, sorry, The only other custom tileset I have made is the one from Pokemon Golden Heights, and that has been given, exclusively(I think), to Pokemon Metallic Silver, Sorry.

Sincerely,
Minorthreat

Yuoaman

Years
lol

I was messing around *steals tileset*

And, when are we going to be seeing the screen of the day? I can't wait!!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Not much to show today, so I figured I'd throw a little set of battle screens to ya. Now unfortunately these may be the last screens for awhile, I get my wisdom teeth pulled out this week and after that I won't be any good. lol Sorry its not a lot folk, I am doing my best.

THE SCREENS
The battle graphics have be reverted to DP because creating custom scenes became to difficult and I felt they begain to look horrible so I decided to go to DP style. Enjoy.

capture003mp0.png
capture004md8.png
capture006hf6.png
capture007gj3.png

Please enjoy. I hope to see comments when I get back sometime later this week or next week after my surgery.​

Thank you!

Minorthreat

Atomic Reactor

i would move the enemy base and sprite over to the right a tad bit.
Other than that they look great ^_^
i like the HP bars :P

goodluck with the teeth thing :(

Yuoaman

Years
Yeah, the sprite is a little off-center, but otherwise good screens.

And have fun getting your teeth pulled O_o

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I'm back! Wow, wisdom teeth surgery sucks, I haven't been able to eat solid food since tuesday! :(

Well anyway. I have been doing a little bit of tilework here lately in my down time.

Today's Screen
capture000sc8.png

A screen in SOOTREE FOREST showing off new forest trees.​

Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Minorthreat

Atomic Reactor

those trees make the place look scary o_o;

applesauce is always good if your hungry and need soft food :)

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Too much blank space, but aside from that, it's looking good. Maybe you could add some treestumps or something?

Yuoaman

Years
Yeah, those trees are pretty nice, but you need things to fill in the empty space like stumps, flowers, and such. Good luck with no solid food... O_o

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Okay, I agree with it looking empty so I created some tiles to make it lively. And I have also made a few new tiles I would like to show off. Keep in mind the area's I have shown are currently unpopulated and will be populated shortly.

Today's Screens
capture004ng6.png
capture001yo1.png
capture002nt7.png
capture003au1.png

Please enjoy the screenies. And thank you for the support.​

Thanks a million,
Minorthreat

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
It's still looking very nice. You have a knack for those tree tiles! The tree stump is really cute, and the sand is very nice. I still feel that the forest is a little sparse. I would add some more interesting grass patterns, and perhaps some dark purple-ish flowers to fill it up a little more. Sometimes space is good, but there is a little too much in that one particular area of the forest.

Keep up the good work. ^_^

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Hey, thanks for the comment blueguy. =]

Now, I have been thinking and I would really really like to feature New Pokemon and stuff, but I will need help with that. Please check out the official Pokemon Iridium recruitment thread in the Game Development section.

I am in very need of the positions in the recruitment thread. So please help out.

So I want peoples opinons , I was thinking of doing a special egg related event, but heres what I need help with.

What 2nd OR 4th Generation Pokemon should be given to the player in the form of an egg?
Now with answers please try to be legitimate. Like don't say " PLeaZE GIVE MANAPHY IN DA EGG FORM TO ME PLEASE".

Also, I am thinking, should I do a major Gym overhaul and create harder more complex gyms like in Pokemon Platinum?

Sincerely,
Minor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back