• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 30, 2019
Hi! So I was looking at this hack and it looks amazing! So i went to install it and whenever I boot up Pokemon Y (I'm using an old 3DS), The screen will just stay black after the 3DS logo. I'd love to pay this, but I'm not quite sure what I can do. All the files are in place btw and I'm using the Rebalanced version.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I've been using an Ampharos on my team and I just noticed that it's actually still pure Electric despite the documentation saying it's been changed to Electric/Dragon. The documentation also mentioned it learning Dragon Breath but mine hasn't tried to learn it yet. I've been looking through the documentation to see if there are any other issues like that among Pokemon I've caught; there don't seem to be so far and there haven't been any issues with abilities at all, but just thought I should mention!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi! So I was looking at this hack and it looks amazing! So i went to install it and whenever I boot up Pokemon Y (I'm using an old 3DS), The screen will just stay black after the 3DS logo. I'd love to pay this, but I'm not quite sure what I can do. All the files are in place btw and I'm using the Rebalanced version.
Hey, thanks! I'd suggest making sure you don't have the official update for Y installed, and also that you're on either the latest version of luma or version 9.1 (10.0 is broken). The files seem to be working for me, so hopefully one of those two things is the problem. Let me know if not though!

I've been using an Ampharos on my team and I just noticed that it's actually still pure Electric despite the documentation saying it's been changed to Electric/Dragon. The documentation also mentioned it learning Dragon Breath but mine hasn't tried to learn it yet. I've been looking through the documentation to see if there are any other issues like that among Pokemon I've caught; there don't seem to be so far and there haven't been any issues with abilities at all, but just thought I should mention!
Whoops, guess that got copied over from my USUM documents but didn't actually get added to the game. I've just uploaded a fix, so Ampharos will now have the right typing, learn Dragon Breath at level 30, and have Parabolic Charge available from the move reminder. Thanks for letting me know that was a problem!

Years
I apologize in advance if this is a question I'm not allowed to ask on these forums, but regarding building a CIA file of Wilting Y. While I haven't tried yet, version 2.34 or whatever should theoretically work since it uses a code.bin file like the original game, but are you aware if the latest version is compatible with building a CIA file, since I don't know how using a code.ips rather than .bin would affect the game?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
Hi! First of all I wanted to say this is a great hack, and I love all the changes you made to the game.

I'm running into the issue on Citra where wild encounters and poke marts aren't changed. When I go to the emulator and right click my game, it doesn't give me the option to go to an update location to delete the title update. Any tips on this?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I apologize in advance if this is a question I'm not allowed to ask on these forums, but regarding building a CIA file of Wilting Y. While I haven't tried yet, version 2.34 or whatever should theoretically work since it uses a code.bin file like the original game, but are you aware if the latest version is compatible with building a CIA file, since I don't know how using a code.ips rather than .bin would affect the game?
Hey, the code.ips file is just a patch that can be applied to a clean code.bin file to get the modified one. Once that's done the hack can be built into a cia like usual. If you've already got the modified code.bin from an earlier version you can just leave that as is, that file hasn't been updated in a while.
Hi! First of all I wanted to say this is a great hack, and I love all the changes you made to the game.

I'm running into the issue on Citra where wild encounters and poke marts aren't changed. When I go to the emulator and right click my game, it doesn't give me the option to go to an update location to delete the title update. Any tips on this?
Hey, thanks! Does citra show ver 1.5 on the game's icon? If not, then the update isn't installed and the problem is the ROM itself. If it does show which version the game is on then the problem is citra, and unfortunately I can't help much with that.

If the ROM is the problem you'll need to reapply the hack and rebuild the ROM.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Buffel how are you? Sorry to ask again, but did you put on some stores stones to buy? I'm looking in particular a thunder stone because I ran out of those on the wild. I looked on the wild pokemon hold items, and at least in the vanilla version they can't be holded by any wild pokemon. Looked too on your documentation. Any ideas?

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Hello, Buffel! I'd first like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the hack! The difficulty was surprising but never ridiculous (I played the Rebalanced version as a nuzlocke and I'm happy to say that I made it through the Pokemon League!). I'm currently trying to complete the pokedex after beating the game, and at first I thought that all the baby pokemon that needed incense to be bred were found in the wild. However, wynaut cannot be found in the wild and can only be bred from a wobbufet holding lax incense. From what I could tell from the documentation, there is no way to obtain lax incense. I was able to load my save file in the vanilla game to buy the incenses from the Coumarine incense shop but I was wondering whether there is something that's excluded from the documentation or wynaut is truly unavailable in the hack.

Thank you!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Buffel how are you? Sorry to ask again, but did you put on some stores stones to buy? I'm looking in particular a thunder stone because I ran out of those on the wild. I looked on the wild pokemon hold items, and at least in the vanilla version they can't be holded by any wild pokemon. Looked too on your documentation. Any ideas?
Hey I'm good, how are you? There aren't any thunder stones in stores as there are four in the base game and only three Pokemon that use them. If you need more they can be obtained from super training (from the Stunfisk I think?).

Hello, Buffel! I'd first like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the hack! The difficulty was surprising but never ridiculous (I played the Rebalanced version as a nuzlocke and I'm happy to say that I made it through the Pokemon League!). I'm currently trying to complete the pokedex after beating the game, and at first I thought that all the baby pokemon that needed incense to be bred were found in the wild. However, wynaut cannot be found in the wild and can only be bred from a wobbufet holding lax incense. From what I could tell from the documentation, there is no way to obtain lax incense. I was able to load my save file in the vanilla game to buy the incenses from the Coumarine incense shop but I was wondering whether there is something that's excluded from the documentation or wynaut is truly unavailable in the hack.

Thank you!
Hey, happy to hear you enjoyed the hack! I think Wynaut may actually be unobtainable; I'll add a way to get the incense items as wild held items this weekend. Thanks for letting me know about that!

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Hey I'm good, how are you? There aren't any thunder stones in stores as there are four in the base game and only three Pokemon that use them. If you need more they can be obtained from super training (from the Stunfisk I think?).

Oh i didnt knew about that (I trade away two out of three with a friend and now I'm currently struggling lol) I'll farm stunfisk this night and see what happens. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Hey, Buffel! Just letting you know that I was able to complete the pokedex without any other major obstruction. The only hiccup I encounterd was in evolving mienfoo - the documentation states that it should evolve at level 40, but even leveling it up to 50 didn't do the trick. I wasn't sure whether leveling it further would help so I loaded the save in the vanilla game once more to raise it one more level, triggering evolution.

I think you did a spectacular job with rebalancing so weaker 'mons have a chance to shine, editing movesets accordingly, the surprisingly challenging level curve, cool trainer gimmicks and especially with the wild encounters. Most of the pokemon in each area fit well thematically. My only gripe was with those brutal 5% horde encounters for the legendaries which each had to be triggered 3 times - but hey, they're legendary for a reason.

Thanks for the great time!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, Buffel! Just letting you know that I was able to complete the pokedex without any other major obstruction. The only hiccup I encounterd was in evolving mienfoo - the documentation states that it should evolve at level 40, but even leveling it up to 50 didn't do the trick. I wasn't sure whether leveling it further would help so I loaded the save in the vanilla game once more to raise it one more level, triggering evolution.

I think you did a spectacular job with rebalancing so weaker 'mons have a chance to shine, editing movesets accordingly, the surprisingly challenging level curve, cool trainer gimmicks and especially with the wild encounters. Most of the pokemon in each area fit well thematically. My only gripe was with those brutal 5% horde encounters for the legendaries which each had to be triggered 3 times - but hey, they're legendary for a reason.

Thanks for the great time!
Hey, seems Mienfoo's evolution was bugged; pk3DS showed it evolving into Ivysaur at level 16 so there was definitely something wrong there. Thanks for letting me know about that, I'll get it fixed today.

Thanks for the feedback too! Good to hear you enjoyed the hack!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 13, 2019
Hello Buffel, amazing hack rom, I'm having a lot of fun playing on insanity mode with my monotype bug team, just wondering, I saw that you changed a lot of high level evolution into lower ones, but Volcarona is still at 59, is that correct?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello Buffel, amazing hack rom, I'm having a lot of fun playing on insanity mode with my monotype bug team, just wondering, I saw that you changed a lot of high level evolution into lower ones, but Volcarona is still at 59, is that correct?
Hey, thanks! Yeah, Larvesta still evolves at 59. Can't remember if I had a reason for that (probably not as it's something that should really be changed), but it does at least get a much better level up movepool than usual.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Hey Buffel, just wondering - where do I get the "online version"? it seems like it is not in your download folder? I just want the game harder without changing what pokemon I can find in the wild (:

Thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey Buffel, just wondering - where do I get the "online version"? it seems like it is not in your download folder? I just want the game harder without changing what pokemon I can find in the wild (:

Thanks in advance
Hey, the online versions are available by downloading the "EXWY Online version.zip" file from the same download link as the other files. They're kept in a separate folder as they don't usually get updated when the other versions do.

Last edited:

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
Years
Got a bug on the move Dig, some attacks made it possible to hit like Quick Attack and Iron Head. Playing this on Rebalanced v2.54 so I'm not sure if this applies on others.

Attachments

• 2019-09-16_23-26-24.025_top.png
    2019-09-16_23-26-24.025_top.png
    29 KB · Views: 7
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Got a bug on the move Dig, some attacks made it possible to hit like Quick Attack and Iron Head. Playing this on Rebalanced v2.54 so I'm not sure if this applies on others.
Does this affect any Pokemon other than your Pidgeot? I suspect that's not a bug, just No Guard. It allows attacks to hit Pokemon while they're in the invulnerable turn of moves like Dig and Fly.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 9, 2023
I hope I'm not getting annoying ;w;

Another thing I noticed:

--TROPIUS--
According to the documentation, you gave him 93 base attack.. but literally no physical moves by levelup outside of Stomp and Body Slam? While those are awesome for his new ability Aerilate, the lack of physical grass stab is pretty disappointing.
I'd like to propose swapping out Magical Leaf at 16 for Razor Leaf, Bullet Seed maybe at 26 over Leaf Tornado, and Leaf Blade somewhere in the upper 30's or lower 40's. All are learnable by Tropius through other means already [levelup in vanilla, or eggmoves].

Last edited:
Back