• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
More Gen II:
177_zps8edaf1db.png

178_zpsd11377a6.png

179_zpsd4c81cc5.png

180_zpsb5c6d7bf.png

181_zpse65edc98.png

185_zps6a4f079f.png

As well as "Classic" Xatu:
ClassicXatu_zpsd4b05541.png

Because the original Xatu design became the female variation starting in Gen IV, like what happened to Dodrio.

@Chaos ,
Castor seems to have some poor English. A simple Google translate tells me he was just wondering if these list of characters and Pokemon would exist in your collection.
I got that he was asking for those, but I have no idea what they are, but I'm assuming they're from the anime or one of the spinoff games, which I will not be covering. (I don't watch the anime, nor have I played any of the spinoff games)

This is my first time trying to resize a Pokemon with this method so I tried Granbull.
Well quality-wise it's good, but Granbull's backsprite isn't resized 80%.

This project looked really cool and I need to practice spriting so I decided to give it a shot with one of my favorite pokemon, Natu. Admittedly I did resize the front sprite before reading the part about not resizing pokemon that fit into a 40x40 square. Ooops. What I get for not reading thoroughly, I guess. In my somewhat defense, the RS Natu was really tiny in comparison. Anyways:

Spoiler:
I appreciate your efforts, but at the time you posted that, I had already completed Natu.

Last edited:
Years
But I'm making a hack with those pokemon in it

...But this isn't a request thread. This thread is for criticism of the posted sprites, and the uploading of newly re-sized sprites if you want to help and have talent in re-sizing sprites. And to be honest, Chaos doesn't care about your hack, he just wants to get this resource done, so he will be doing the sprites that he wants to when he wants to. And, they will be all done, so just be patient. But if you need those sprites now, ask on a request thread. Not this resource thread.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Okay, I'll resize backsprites to 80% (I don't have to do Granbull, it says someone already did back)

I did Huntail now. The position was basically the same as RSE, but I resized it anyways. I also made its backsprite to 80% now.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Hell, the 649 patch was just turned over to me by Jambo51.

I'm aware that this is probably not the best place to ask, but is there somewhere we can follow your progress on the 649 patch?

On topic: Keep up the great work everyone! It's so great to see so many sprites getting done :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
A quick Makuhita.

EDIT: Oops, sorry about that. Anyways, do only the Sinnoh pokemon have different backsprites between DP and Pl/HG/SS? I can't really tell any difference besides a little bit of a pallette change in the Hoenn ones I've done so far. Then again, I've been doing mostly small pokemon, so maybe they didn't change much.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Please keep all further posts on topic. Other conversations can be kept off here and as VMs or visitor messages on their profiles.

@Ziposaki,
Posts must require 4 words and 25 characters.

---
Furthermore I will hate to close this thread, but if problems persist and rules are constantly broken I will have to. Read the rules and familiarize yourself with 'em to prevent anymore rule breaking.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Finally got around to doing some new sprites!
I've got Bagon's sprites and a Salamence front sprite.
I'll upload a Shelgon and Salamence back sprite soon!

I resized Bagon to 90% because I thought it was far too big,
and Salamence to 82%

Spoiler:

EDIT: Here's Shelgon's Back Sprite! I don't think the front sprite needs resizing to be completely honest.
Spoiler:

EDIT2: I've resized Shelgon's front to 90% too to match Bagon, and actually I agree it fits better.
Spoiler:

EDIT3: Also Salamence Back Sprite.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'm going to try and update with 3 evolutionary families at a time.
190_zps827df2e5.png

193_zps7a2550e0.png

And here are 11bayerf1's delicious bacon family sprites:
395_zpse9ce3fec.png

396_zps020fd15f.png

397_zps2a7edff7.png

The Bacon family was just too delicious, I didn't want to wait until I got to Gen III to cook them.

Here is my Huntail sprite since the attachments made it look ugly.
http://imgur.com/pqVhEhj
I'll edit the post and put Delcatty once I finish it.
Thanks for the contribution, but I'm afraid I can't accept it. Some of the outlines are incomplete, and it also looks very not-smooth in comparison to the original sprite.

(If you would like to respond/give feedback, please do so via VM to help reduce spam in this thread)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I've come with some Tyranitar sprites, just to monopolise pseudos ahaha!

But yeah I resized the Tyranitar from the master sheet at 82% and to be honest I think
it looks a little small, but I still think it'll be fine, especially with your touch ups!

I resized the Tyranitar from HGSS to 92% as well just in case you agree.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Will be posting Larvitar and Pupitar up here soon. I don't think the front sprites need resizing.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I've been busy with real life. But this time of the year (finals), I'm sure others are too, so excuse me for lack of updates.

With that said, here is a small update, lol:
202_zps00fad8a2.png

(credit to MrDollSteak for the Wobbuffet backsprite)

203_zps5c7721a4.png

With that posted, I also have an announcement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many people have asked me whether I will do the sprites of the Generation VI Pokémon, to which I have said many times, no. And that is still the case. HOWEVER, I have good news for people who want Kalos sprites.

As you may have noticed, MrDollSteak (formerly named 11bayerf1), has made many contributions to this project, and it is clear that he has become a talented pixel-artist. He has drawn some Kalos Pokémon in the same art style as this project, and they look great.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource will no longer be a single project/thread, but it will become something kind of like a brand.

Very soon, MrDollSteak will post his own thread under the DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource brand (God I really need to think of an acronym/abbreviation for that...), and he will be in charge of handling/approving the Kalos sprites. His thread will specifically focus on Kalos sprites, while my thread will continue its focus on Generations 1-5. Ultimately though, both threads will make up The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource. (abbreviation: 64PSR)

Here is an example of MrDollSteak's upcoming work:
mgZSy0O.png

As you can see, his work is brilliant.

So for those of you who want Kalos sprites, you have something to look forward to :)

EDIT: Here is the project thread for Kalos Pokemon:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314422

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Zangoose_zpsf6abf159.png

Sorry but I know that does not infringe any rule infringed and tell me what! this topic is for sprites, the sprites I posted my collection ... WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Spoiler:

Okay, first of all. Please, don't post a ton of sprites once someone says no. Here's why they will get declined:
  • You use the wrong type of backsprite. This project uses the fourth gen backsprite style- a close up of the upper body. Not the full body type from fifth gen.
  • Size inconsistencies. Some of the sprites you posted are way too big/small for what they are. They should be similar sizes to how they are in R/S/E/FR/LG. For instance, I noticed the Suicune you posted takes up the whole 64 pixels in height when it doesn't need to be. And just look at Luvdisc- realistically it's not that big.

Sorry, but I agree with what Zeratul said. Read the first page and some tutorials maybe on how to correctly resize the sprites so they are the correct size for their species, and use the fourth gen backsprites as a basis. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
as they say "half the job is done" ... we put a lot of images to be resized and etc ... these are already almost ready ... but anyway

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
as they say "half the job is done" ... we put a lot of images to be resized and etc ... these are already almost ready ... but anyway

I think it's because we want to create a consistent resource. :) While I do appreciate the work you've put in if they were used it would kinda ruin this constancy. There's nothing stopping you from using them for your own personal uses or whatever else though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back