• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you allowed to stay off school on your Birthday ?

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
My birthday was often on Spring Break. If it wasn't, I tried using it as an excuse anyway. Didn't work.

Now that I'm out of school, I plan on taking my birthday off from work every year. As I don't drink, the day after will be back to work, even as I'm exhausted. That's life.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Psh my birthday is in June so I dont need to worry about that. :3

But if it wernt I'd probobably have to go to school anyway, unfortunately

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My birthday falls in Mid December, but my parents never let me stay home for any reason (unless I was sick or had a doctor's appointment). Once every 7 years my birthday was on Friday the 13th so I had a chance to brag about it to friends and anyone I recognized.

.Skylight.

Through & Beyond
Years
Realistically you need to go to school, but a lot of people blow off school because they think since it is their birthday they have a right to miss school. It is solely the student and their parents choice if one can stay home from school. It is always nice to have a day away from school, but friends give you goodies there too so why miss it?

If your birthday does not land on a school day then fantastic for you!

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
This never happened to me when I was at school, much as I wished it did: it was my birthday, but it was the same as any other day of the week, and I was going to school, and that was that. I didn't get a choice until I went to University, and by that point I didn't much care either way, so I ended up going in anyway...although last year I did skip the day because I honestly didn't feel like going in. But my mother would have sooner let me dye my hair a neon pink before letting me skip school on my birthday.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I don't think I would even want to. Staying at home is kind boring, I'd rather be at school celebrating my birthday. XD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
My birthday never falls on a holiday, so I only take a day off school on my birthday if it's the weekend!

Back