• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

College is great and all, but I would rather dishwash.

droomph

weeb
Years
Are you a good manual laborer?

I personally, I suck at starting stuff, but when it comes down to when I start, I'm done twice as fast as anyone. (eg tests, homework, dishes)

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I guess I could say the same. I'm pretty lazy, but when I actually sit down and focus, I get things done pretty quickly. Luckily my job consists of me sitting at a desk answering calls and stuff. Not that demanding.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I also have to say I am the same. I dread having to start things, but once I'm into it and have a rhythm for whatever it is going, I can work through it and finish in a good time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
There are times I tend to get super lazy when doing things...but thats when I got less sleep or just plain tired. Other times I'm more alert and energetic when I do things. I will say, however, when music is playing, I work very well.

Years
Manual labor if its something like lifting things, I can't really do much. If it's something like tidying things up, I can do that. It depends what kind it is.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm a pretty good manual laborer. Though sometimes, I'm extremely lazy, I always try my best.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My job involves a lot of manual labour - unpacking beer deliveries and whatnot into a liquor store. I'm not terrible at it, it's repetitive work and it allows my mind to travel elsewhere. Sometimes I feel like I go into a trance of thought and then I wake up and it's done!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
No I don't like manual labour. My life has been too centered around being lazy and doing absolutely nothing, so if you want me to do labour for x amount of hours in a row, I'm gonna fail.

But my job currently consists of sitting at the computer, and what I'm studying with fall me into that line of work as well, so I'll be okay. lol

Also if the topic is actually about procrastination - yes, once I get down to doing something, it's a lot less harder/annoying than I had imagined in my head. I just have to get that idea through my skull and stop procrastinating lmao.

edit: oh darn i didnt want to post a 3000th post but i forgot. well here it is

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
Oh, I have such a difficult time starting things.
Just taking the step of sitting down, turning off all distractions, & beginning to work (tests in this regards).
Once the actual work is started & distractions have been turned off, than I am able to work at a reasonable pace (taking OCD tendencies into account).

For acts of manual labor however, the sooner they're done, the better (taking garbage out, dishes, etc...).

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm cool with it. Especially if it doesn't require much thinking; then I can let my mind wander to other things, as Shining Raichu mentioned.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Shamefully, I kind of enjoy manual labor. I get more of a sense of accomplishment out of doing things that aren't all that congitive, unlike artistic things where I just feel like nothing ever ends. I wouldn't have a problem washing dishes, in fact I like washing dishes, if it wasn't for the fact that it's horrible pay, I'm too overqualified, and with all the schooling I'm getting, would be a horrible, horrible waste of my life and money.

I wish media jobs had rotational positions or something. I don't like, no wait, I hate working behind a computer all day. I'd love it if one week they did make me the cook or dishwasher, just to get out of the doldrums. Deliver and sort mail? Move boxes around? Sure, why not. Sounds like an adventure.

Back