• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Elite Four and Champion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i think the elite four needs to be steel,flying,electric, and grass, and the champion needs to be your long lost older brother, that wondered away and gotten lost one day and hasnt been heard from till you battle him as champion

So... his Pokemon would be fossil Pokemon because those are also long lost? :3;

Actually a fossil champion would be kind of awesome, and fossilised Pokemon do seem like those ones champions should use.

Years
I definitely want the Champion to remain to be diverse in pokemon~ As for the E4, I'd like them to use types that you wouldn't see as part of a E4 normally - like Water, Normal, Steel, and so on. Although it'd be nice if they were diverse like the champion too.

I'd definitely like to see types on the Elite Four that haven't been used previously. Aaron, Bertha and Flint were probably the only standouts from the past Generations cos they used types different than the E4's most common types (Dragon, Ghost, Ice, Fighting, Psychic, Dark). Same with Koga using Poison-types.

If they did different types this time around, I'd like to see this.

1. Water
2. Normal
3. Electric
4. Rock

For the Champion, I want to see a team that's not Dragon or mixed types, there have been too many Champions like that. I'd like to see them using Psychic for something different, and even better if it's another female since we've had a few lately (Cynthia and Iris).

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
But honestly fighting is getting overused in the Elite Four. It has appeared in Kanto,Johto and Unova, I think they should allow some rarely or never used types into the E4, such as Electric or Water, I don't know it just sounds so much better than the usual Ghost, Dark, Fighting and Fire. As for the champion, I would suspect a diverse team to throw in a real challenge and really test the player's skills :3.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Fighting's been used a lot, yes, but tbh it really makes sense given that those in E4 actually "fight"... like, you'd expect the E4 to put up a tough battle and fight back, so fight just kind of fits because of that's what it really is. So I wouldn't be surprised if it did reappear.

Thereaperofdeath19

The Rookie
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
That's kind of a random typing choice, though. Ground and Fire maybe with Steel and Fighting, sure, but normal and everything else just seems really strange. I guess it wouldn't seem as strange if normal wasn't there but I don't really see normal mons as the Pokemon of champions lmao (well not even champions, but... great players in-game w/e).

yeah i guess you are right about that hmm what about the E4 has different types of pokemon like bug? and Poison along with Steel and Water typing etc and the champ should have a legendary pokemon like N but around level 80 or lower to like 60 and of course have pokemon though to 1st gen to 5th gen after you beat them ahhh that would be great

Years
Fighting's been used a lot, yes, but tbh it really makes sense given that those in E4 actually "fight"... like, you'd expect the E4 to put up a tough battle and fight back, so fight just kind of fits because of that's what it really is. So I wouldn't be surprised if it did reappear.

Fighting is not the only overused type in the E4. Dark and Psychic are as well, each getting 3 Elite Four members specializing in them.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I hope the Champ has various types. It makes the battle more interesting and the elite Fours...Psychic, Ghost,Electric and Dragon!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
yeah i guess you are right about that hmm what about the E4 has different types of pokemon like bug? and Poison along with Steel and Water typing etc and the champ should have a legendary pokemon like N but around level 80 or lower to like 60 and of course have pokemon though to 1st gen to 5th gen after you beat them ahhh that would be great

Only legendary I'm okay with is Volcarona and even so it isn't legendary. :( Something else might be a little too strong imo. Legendaries are way too strong for the elite four for the most part in my opinion.

Back