• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Money, money, money!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So how did you go with money in these games? Did you struggle with money or were you sitting pretty good?

What do you think was the best way to make money in Unova??

Discuss yo. :)

Years
Tbh I rarely buy too many items throughout Pokemon games so by the end I just have loads of money to buy stuff for the E4, Unova wasn't any different and I had loads of moneys :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Unova is probably the richest I've ever been in a game before reaching post-game (I hit over $800,000 on my current LeafGreen save but that's what happens when you battle your way into having 7 pokémon over level 70 as well as raising 3 Dragonite and a Tyranitar). I'm not sure how much of that is because the routes in the beginning were so short that I never bothered with items. That and the way they altered experience meant you can soon find yourself not taking much damage in a game.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
if you go into the abyssal ruins in B/W2, you can make over a million pokedollars off the stuff inside (although I like to keep it, because I'm a hoarder) B/W also had the White/Black Forest/City which is good for making money. Overall, I had no problem.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I never had money problems in any game, always had more than enough. I remember in Gold I was sitting on the max $999.999.

Years
I do like to live large. I tend to overstock items. Between luxury balls, timer balls, ultra balls, net, dusk balls etc I may easily carry 70 pokeballs of various types with me. You can also never have too many max repels. I also buy vitamins to help me ev train. And of course I like to have a nice long menu of every refreshment imaginable so I can serve moomoo milk, vending machine drinks, all of the pokecenter goods-- whatever the situation calls for. No less than double digit quantity for each item, my babies must have anything they could possibly dream of at their disposal.

This does cost money. So I bought the luck incense from the reformed plasma grunt in driftveil city to double my earnings. Do that and hang out with the Riches in Undella Town where you can battle them for high stakes and sell them priceless relics you found diving into the ruins. Cheren, rematches with the elite four, Cynthia etc also of course pay well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I don't remember having any particular problems with keeping money well-stocked in gen 5, but at the same time I don't think I was at my "richest" in Unova. There are lots of items you can sell across the region, though, so it's not too hard to sustain your funds.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unova was the first game in which I felt 'rich. Those Relic Items were awful for inflating the economy. Too bad you can't buy the masterball for millions.

Back