• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Ash Pokemon Returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
http://www.filb.de/forum/showthread.php?p=461050#post461050
From the trailer of Best Wishes second two it revealed several of Ash pokemon back at Oaks lab. Most notable his long lost Primeape that we haven't heard from since Season 1. For me that is so exciting to see all of them but I do still hope Ash somehow meets up with Butterfree and Pidgeot if all the gang is going to get back together.

So do you see Ash reunited with a lot of them through out Best Wishes 2?
Do you see them being utilized either in World Tournament or Unova League?
Which Pokemon of Ashs are you hoping to see the most?

Years
This is probably just to satisfy the cravings of the old fans. I predict that the old Pokemon will see some action in the World Tournament so the writers can focus on the newer Pokemon for the Unova league.

As always I'm hoping to see more of Torkoal, but I really hope good ol' Charizard will get a nice battle in as well. It looks like that just might happen, given his prominence in that short little scene. I expect him to be incredibly powerful; God knows how long he's been training. I'd like to see Pokemon such as Muk, Kingler, and Primeape fight as well.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Hah! The anime acts as if Glalie is a good Pokemon...hehe, silly writers.

but oh my god CHARIZARD. Hey maybe they're actually gonna try making something good this time.

Years
I am so excited we're seeing Ash's old Pokemon again... especially Primeape and Kingler, who haven't appeared since the Original series.

Not to mention the iconic Charizard is back!

Thanks writers, you made me want to watch Best Wishes 2 even more thanks to this new opening.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Ugh, I hated charizard and its attitude during the Original Series, and now that it may be back, yet again! The Pokemon Ash hasn't even brought out again from The Orginal Series should be returning not charizard who has already made a few comebacks. It makes it so stale. :<

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
ahifdshgfisf PRIMEAPE. Pidgeot has to come back. It must. This has given me new hope I'm so excited now omg.

As for seeing them through BW 2. Maybe... I can see them returning mostly for the tournament, not as much through the main adventure. Depending on what comes first. Since it isn't clear where Ash will go now. Something could detour him off his adventure and to east Unova. I hope not because I want the league over and done with. I don't think he'll use old Pokemon for the league. I'm hoping to see his really old Kanto Pokemon. I'm also hoping for some evolution to happen between his Pokemon. Bayleef and Quilava should evolve, imo. Or if not Quilava just Bayleef. And Squirtle.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
It keeps getting better and better...I-I think I'm gonna cry ;( My wishes came true. It truly is a Best Wishes series ;(
Charizard was the only thing I had in mind, and there he was. I can't express my gratefulness to those story writers.

Since it's Eastern Unova we are talking about (isn't it?), I have no doubt his old Pokemon are coming back to fight for him. I don't know which specifically...but Charizard MUST be there >:(

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
So do you see Ash reunited with a lot of them through out Best Wishes 2?
Of course it is yet to be seen what capacity his past pokemon will be used it would seem perfect stage to have several of them reappear and aid Ash in this or maybe even the league later on. I'd love to see pokemon like Gible appear off and on through out the season though. I think if they would appear too much it would take away from development of his current team.

Do you see them being utilized either in World Tournament or Unova League?
I can see a majority of them being utilized in this tournament namely old pokemon that haven't seen screen time or battle time in years. Unova League though I have more of a feeling his 10 pokemon he currently has is a fine enough of a rotation.

Which Pokemon of Ashs are you hoping to see the most?
Primeape, since I have literally not seen this guy in over a decade. I thought he was lost forever after the years had pasted. So I am eager to see him again and how he will match up when used since I strongly believe he will be utilized. I'd like to see Torterra redeem himself from all the loses he incurred since evolving. He needs a signature win already and I hope he gets one.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
Years
ASDFGHJKL is that Primeape? After long years of training, is it finally coming back?

Scraggy and Primeape interacting will be epic. Scraggy trying to headbutt Primeape, then Primeape goes Mike Tyson on poor Scraggy. Or we can have:
Boxingape vs SupersaiyanApe *drools*

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Was that Lance's Dragonite in that video?
There is no confirmation either way. But it would seem highly unlikely. All we have seen is brief clips of it versus a Hydregion. Most likely just an Iris development episode.

Lance may have a connect with World Tournament though as he is confirmed to be in it within the games. If you wish to discussion Lance or any other characters not Ash then you can do so here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282562

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I am glad to see Primeape back though although I'm still hoping Lapras, Butterfree, and Pidgeot return eventually.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
At least with Butterfree and Lapras they had Cameos since their depature. Pidgeot for all we know is still stuck in Viridian Forest. Just like prior to this for all we knew Primeape was still off training. I sure hope he reunites with everyone at some point. Still glad to see Primeape.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Butterfree had a cameo? When? O.o
Not really cameo per say, but it appeared in one of the openings "Spurt", but I'd actually like to see an episode appearance out of it. Although I don't see much that it would actually bring to the table as I never really saw Butterfree as that strong of a pokemon.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I was beyond surprise when I noticed Primeape in there, I didn't even recognise it was in there at first, as I was wondering what Charizard was doing there. But this certainly does speak volumes for future episodes. You've all pretty much gone into discussion about others such as Pidgeot hopefully returning.

This does give me a sense of continuity also, as there must be a reason why they'd have decided now to be the time to bring back Primeape and Charizard. Of course there is the league looming in on us soon, it's still a little interesting that they've recognised use for Charizard in the league, and Primeape. I'm just really excited now. The pace really interests me too. I haven't check but I'm sure there's been tones of speculation on a Champions League.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Wow, it's hard to believe that Primeape is coming back after around all those years. It's also good to see all of Ash's old Pokemon making a comeback later on. Who knows, Ash might rotate some of his old Pokemon in to his Unova team for the World Tournament.

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
Years
i would love to see that!

and on the note of Butterfree...

Spoiler:

(i apologize if this reply was awkward)

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I'd love Ash to bring his older Pokemon back not just for battles but like how he rotates his Unova team. So we get like interesting team matches for every few episodes. I mean now that the main games are done in the anime it would work fine. For example Primeape could act as a teacher to Scraggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back