• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS-Styled 64x64 Quality Organized Trainer Sprite Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
I know there is already another thread of this nature on here, however, I felt as if this community required quality sprites from the DS games to be used for their hacks.

All sprites are free to use as long as credit is given.

This thread was created for hackers of the Gen III games and was inspired by Chaos Rush's sprite resource. This resource will feature all trainers/leaders/elite four from the D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 games in proper 64x64 16-bit fashion.
We need more sprites that aren't ugly. So I tried my best to offer this community quality sprites.

Creating or should I say Editing the sprites:
First off, When I started making DS-Style sprites for hacks, all I did was Clip off pieces of the character horizontally. Now I realized that makes them look rather ugly. Instead I shrunk them by 90% in paint, touched them up, and repeated the process once more. I found that this was the best way to retain some detail as well as keep the sprite in proportion. I do this to EVERY sprite, EVEN IF THEY ALREADY FIT IN 64X64!

Posting Sprites:
I am accepting sprites from the community. They will all receive proper credit next to the sprite. The sprite can be custom or edited from the original, I do not care which. All sprites must be properly indexed before they are submit. This resource was made so that all sprites are ready for people to just insert into the game and continue on hassle free.

NOTE: DO NOT GET MAD AT ME IF I DO NOT POST YOUR SPRITE HERE! IF I SEE THAT THE SPRITE IS OF BAD QUALITY, THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I STARTED THIS THREAD! I WILL OFFER CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM AND GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO FIX THE SPRITES TO SUBMIT AGAIN!

Here is what we have so far.

Introduced in Generation I:
Spoiler:

Introduced in Generation II:
Spoiler:

Introduced in Generation III:
Spoiler:

Introduced in Generation IV:
Spoiler:

Introduced in Generation V:
Spoiler:

Evil Teams:
Spoiler:

Protagonists & Rivals:
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champions:
Spoiler:

Other:
Spoiler:

Notes to clear up some confusion:
*Ace Trainer was known as Cooltrainer during Generations I, II, & III
*Roughneck was known as Cue Ball during Generations I & III
*PI was known as Gamer during Generation III
*PI was known as Gambler during Generation I
*School Kid was known as Schoolboy during Generation II
*Unique characters that change trainer class between games (such as Koga, Wallace, Cheren, and Iris) are simply listed in the category that they would fit in in their first appearance. For instance, we first met Koga as a Gym Leader, not an Elite Four member, so Koga is placed under Gym Leaders
*All information was obtained from Bulbapedia

Credits (no particular order):
PsychoToxin
BlacknYellowHD
Chaos Rush
tajaros
SneakerTheOtter

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Update: Finished Brock and Misty
brockn.png
mistyy.png

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to double post if I have an update, but I thought I'd take the chance since it's allowed on the Spriter's Resource.
I'm planning on doing the Leaders in order first. If you want to see a certain character done first feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
wow XD someone copied me much? i dont mind the point was to have me and the community contribute on a thread i copied chaos rush except instead pokemon i use trainers and made a community thing hope one of us gets big on this forum
EDIT: feel free to criticize my work on my thread keep in mind some are still WIP
EDIT2: rival thread my avatar Gold vs yours is Silver XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Update: Giovanni made by BlacknYellowHD was finished. :) Thanks man.

giovanniu.png

EDIT: Also to Rodriguezjames55: The point of THIS thread is to make sprites that can be USED by hackers. Also it isn't much good if the person who started the thread can't decide over his work and the work of others. I'm not trying to be mean, but this is also something I want to do now. The mods don't seem to mind so I'll keep going with it.

Last edited:

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
Nice sprites. ROM Hackers will be wanting this. :)
What steps do you take in making your sprites? I'm sorta curious.
@Rodriguezjames55: Keep in mind that making Resources and stuff isn't a competition. Just sayin'.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Just a suggestion, but perhaps you could organize the trainer list better? If you want, I'll make a new template and send it to you via PM.

Since I am a ROM hacker, this project could be potentially useful in my future hack, hence why I'm willing to help.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Just a suggestion, but perhaps you could organize the trainer list better? If you want, I'll make a new template and send it to you via PM.

Since I am a ROM hacker, this project could be potentially useful in my future hack, hence why I'm willing to help.

Sure. I was iffy on my template as well. I'll be happy to accept yours. ^_^

Also @Daniel Evans Well, it's a simple yet frustrating process.

1. I resize the original sprite by 90% in paint using the stretch/skew option.

2. I Touch up the sprite (Fixing pixels, pasting over pieces from the original sprite that are still in proportion)

3. I resize the sprite again by 90%.

4. I finalize the sprite. (I retouch like in step 2)

5. I open Irfanview and decrease the color depth and then fix the palette so that the background shows up transparent in game.

It's really simple. But it can be tiring.

Update: Added Lt. Surge and Erika:
surgem.png
erikaj.png

Also Chaos Rush made me a nice new template! ^_^ I guess we are expanding past just the original sprite's from the DS games. Which I have no problem with.

Last edited:
Years
Is there a way to resize a sprite that is like, 50x78 and make it 64x64, without it looking blurry and without having to do another one in 64x64, cuz the sprite I have, I had a friend of mine take a Trainer Sprite Base and made me a sprite of my OC character. What would be the best course of action?

Here is the sprite. Its PNG format, just a transparent background. I'm assuming its a Gen IV base:
http://fav.me/d59dhty

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Is there a way to resize a sprite that is like, 50x78 and make it 64x64, without it looking blurry and without having to do another one in 64x64, cuz the sprite I have, I had a friend of mine take a Trainer Sprite Base and made me a sprite of my OC character. What would be the best course of action?

Here is the sprite. Its PNG format, just a transparent background. I'm assuming its a Gen IV base:
http://fav.me/d59dhty

You asked this question already in another thread. Your question belongs in a request or question thread. T_T

UPDATE: Added Sabrina
sabrinab.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Update: I wish I could say my lack of updates was due to me working hard on this project... But it wasn't sorry. Here's Blaine:
blaine.png

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hello there is this sprite alright?

GymLeader.png

This a Gym leader in the 5th gen, if I remember it right... :)

Also it's already Index and ready to use.. xD

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Ok, I have some free time today and decided to do some cause I think I'm also gonna use these sprites in my future Hack.. :)

Spoiler:

Again it's indexed and ready to use... :)

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
One B2W2 Iris for ya ;P
1zv632t.png

Despite all the fancy clothing and everything, it really didn't take that long, which surprised me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
I'm sorry guys. I haven't been on because I found out yesterday my dog has a tumor and we can't afford the operation. I need a break for now. Feel free to keep submitting sprites, I'll be back when I'm not sulking.

Also Tajaros The scientist sprite is kinda weird. It looks like she has no torso. The rest are good.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I'm sorry guys. I haven't been on because I found out yesterday my dog has a tumor and we can't afford the operation. I need a break for now. Feel free to keep submitting sprites, I'll be back when I'm not sulking.

Also Tajaros The scientist sprite is kinda weird. It looks like she has no torso. The rest are good.

Oh ok, I'll redo them and submit more later... :D

@PsychoToxin

I can't seem to edit Fennel it seems when I try it looks the same... :(

Well anyways, Here's some sprites... :)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back