• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Starter do you choose in G/S/C?

Which Starter do you choose in G/S/C

• Total voters
Years
Tododile cause I aways loved him in the show and how hyper he aways was/

Tododile cause I aways loved him in the show and how hyper he aways was.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I always went with Chikorita because I love the designs of the entire evolutionary line!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I always choose between Cyndaquil or Totodile. Since fire types are not very easy to come by and I absolutely MUST have a fire type in my team, I usually pick Cyndaquil. It's my favourite out of the 3 starters! So cute! I mean, just look at my sig! :3

I also pick Totodile on occasion when I feel like it. He's one powerful water type, to be sure. I used to pick him ALL the time in Gold when I was young. Water types are one of my favourite types after all. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 18, 2013
Mostly cyndaquil
idk why but in case of water types i've always got to use TM thunderpunch on typhlosion lol

KitsuneLugia96

Trainer Silver
Years
To be honest, the first time I played Silver I choose Cyndaquil, and I loved him so much! But every other time after that, I choose Totodile. Totodile is my favorite starter Pokemon.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
I usually go with Totodile due to it's access to Ice Punch which really helps with Lance if I don't feel like raising a Dragonite of my own. My first time playing Silver I went with Chikorita though.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I would always pick Totodile because it is a water type Pokemon and I believe that Totodile is the cutest one of the three and has an awesome look once it becomes a Feraligatr. Totodile can learn Ice moves which is a weakness to Chikorita and Cyndaquil is self explanatory.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Cyndaquil of my first run, but unfortunately my cousin new game'd it. So I picked Totodile on my second run. I never picked Chikorita before!

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
Cyndaquil.

To blame was Charizard's amazing legacy for indoctrinating us to believe that fire types would always reign supreme.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Well, I choose Cyndaquil in both Crystal and Heart Gold. He's 3 stage, Typhlosion is my favourite Johto Pokemon and because I love fire types.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Totodile because at least then I could feel good about beating my rival since he had Meganium. I like Cyndaquil a lot but Since HG/SS Totodile got better with stuff like Ice Fang and Superpower

Master Xemnas

Seeker of Light
Years
I choose Cyndaquil in Crystal Version , because he is the one of the strongest of the few fire pokemon available , and because i always choose fire type.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I always like to choose Cyndaquil but my sister's nickname is Chikorita and I managed to get a female once so there I go, using a Geodude to take down Falkner 3 hits, and Whitney 3 hits. (BTW, use rock smash, I know it sucks but it works and for Miltank use Selfdestruct xD)

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
First game I ever played was Crystal and picked Feraligatr. Now since I don't use starters I choose Cyndaquil so my rival has Totodile, because Feraligatr fits him the most I think.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
In Silver, I started with Totodile. I've always had a thing for the water starter, and Totodile was no exception. Also, that meant the rival would choose the worst starter in my opinion, Chikorita.

Back