• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shattering Worlds [M/IC]

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
Years
Following his arrival to town hall, Kaiba noticed a female and her digimon had gone inside town hall. "They don't look like those measly peasants that we have been fighting so far." Kaiba said as he continued to walk towards the only human outside. "You better watch your mouth, stupid king Kaiba. I would hate for you to be in a fight that you can't win. I have no worries for I know I could win any fight that comes my way." Draco smirked at Kaiba with confidence. "You're becoming a great subject, Draco. Maybe one day I will make you my knight. However that dream day is quite a long ways away from now." Draco grew irritated at Kaiba's remark and tried to attack him with his claws, to which Kaiba countered with a roundhouse kick to send Draco's attack into the ground. "Lucky shot!" Both of them said as they prepared to go at it again. However, before they could continue their worthless struggle, the human male had come into their range with a digimon not far behind him.

"Hello there, peasant. My name is King Kaiba. You may only address me as such though I would not mind if you wished to call me sir. Beside me is my first subject at the moment, Draco. We have only been travelling together for a short period of time, but rest assured he is quite loyal to me." Kaiba patted Draco on the head then pushed him forward. "Introduce yourself, Draco." Draco snarled at Kaiba before extending his claw out to the male's digimon partner. "My name is Draco and I am the toughest Dragon Digimon in the digital world. I fight for the weak and destroy bullies. This ignorant human thinks he is a king. The only reason I stay with him is because he actually has some fighting ability. We have been fighting for quite some time. So I apologize if we smell like corrupted Digimon blood. We fought a horde of Goburimon that just weren't worth the time."

After introducing themselves, Kaiba glared at the male and his digimon. "From what we saw, it seems that you are pretty good with a shovel. With that in mind, I wouldn't have a problem with you joining the kingdom I'm creating with my subject Draco. However, I must warn you that you should never cross the King." Kaiba said with arrogance as he started to walk towards town hall and up its stairs. "Earlier I saw a female go into this hall, along with a male and his big dinosaur digimon. Might I inquire if they are friends or foes? And will they be willing to join my cause in creating a new kingdom?" Kaiba was no longer paying attention to the male outside.l He could only think about creating a new kingdom as he watched the world around him burn to the ground.

"Those poor peasants...sadly they won't survive to see my kingdom in all its glory." Kaiba turned to the male. "So do you have any plans, peasant?"

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Kit- Wartime

In the beginning, Kit had completely missed what Dontae was saying, having been trying to hold off another monster. She didn't actually reply for another moment after the creature fell. Then she shook her head as Dontae left. "I'm okay!" She tried to tell him so, but Dontae and Artemis were already gone. Kit shook her head and smiled. "I'm okay," she repeated gently to herself and closed her eyes, hearing the rush of creatures coming towards her. "After all, this was bound to happen anyway... because..."

Happiness is a fleeting thing, but it's not yours anyway.

"No," she said quietly. "Because sometimes bad things just happen." Kit lunged, spinning firmly on her back heel to strike again. "Jake taught me that. You just have to be ready... for when they do!" Balancing back on both feet, she let out a sharp, piercing whistle. "Paopao, go heal whoever that guy is!"

"But...I must stay with you," the dog protested, looking dismayed.

Kit shook her head, almost losing her hat in the process. She grabbed at the ties and wound it around her neck, brushing her bangs aside. "It's okay! You gotta go! If someone else dies because you were too busy with me, it will be worse, okay? Go! I can protect myself for a little while!" She swung down, glowering steel-blue down at the enemy. Unlike Dontae, she had no idea that it wasn't their fault. And unlike the others, who could have seen it as exciting and fun, to her it was a task to complete.

If you wanted to live, sometimes you just had to sully your hands. That was all there was to it.

Meanwhile, Paopao reluctantly turned away and raced through the crowd, nosing the door open in her rush. "Excuse me," she barked. "Where is the patient?" As much as it killed her to leave Kit out there alone, it would be better to have more fighters out there than that pair with the Lunamon. Especially since Artemis nearly crushed that poor human.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
Dontae could only stammer out a confused "Huh?" as the new male, Kaiba, and his digimon partner introduced themselves before heading into the building. 'Peasant'? Joining a kingdom? What was that all about? Before he could get his answers, though, the "king" and his "subject" had already disappeared inside. Frowning slightly, the male looked down at his own partner to see if she had any idea what they were talking about. Her cheeks were puffed up indignantly. "Artemis?" Dontae addressed the digimon.

"How dare he call my partner 'peasant'!! I'm closer to royalty than he is, so that makes you my knight in shining armor!" Artemis huffed. Dontae half-raised his arms up in surrender as the rabbit-digimon showed some actual anger in reaction to Kaiba's introduction. The corrupted digimons' rage was already threatening, but the rage of a digimon stronger and less prone to expressing it? That might even be scarier than Bakura's joyride.

"Wait, you're a... noblelady?" Dontae asked dumbfounded. That was just adding a layer to the scary. Before he could really question it, though, Paopao had appeared by his side and asked about Bakura. Pointing to the door, he tried to act like all the information being dumped onto him wasn't strange. "I'm pretty sure his digimon took him to the courtroom on the next floor up. He's got some internal bleeding by the look of it, but I don't think that'll be the most of your headache up there. Just... try to ignore that guy with the crown. I'm still backwards about it."

"He's the backwards one if he thinks Dontae's anything less than a knight!!" Artemis spoke up with a pout. Laughing awkwardly in hesitation, the male picked up the Lunamon and gently covered her mouth.

"Let's save that talk for later. We'll-- I'll make sure Kit's safe while you do what you have to," Dontae said with a small nod before wishing the Labramon good luck and running for the battlefield. Removing the hand over Artemis' mouth, he grabbed the shovel from the pit of his arm and allowed the digimon to run up his arm. Catching up to Kit, the male kicked out to intercept another of those Gotsumon lunging for them and used the momentum to swing the tool and strike the top of its head. As it slumped dead to the ground, Dontae hid his surprise at the sight of his "first" kill. Of course he had helped to dispatch with the corrupted digimon, but this was the first one he delivered the official killing blow to his opponent.

"I guess you'd prefer to fight," Dontae stated bluntly as he faced the tentative line of corrupted digimon, "Hope I don't get in your way." That was mostly a joke; to his surprise he felt like he was actually making friends in the middle of the battle. That irony would just be his defining statement: finding good fortune in the midst of cataclysm. On the other hand, since he still started with little combat experience and was still more-or-less swinging an impromptu weapon around wildly, he still held the paranoia of being in the way. Artemis nimbly jumped to the ground and readied herself for more fighting.

"We've got this, Dontae! Looks like they're starting to get scared of us," Artemis stated with a confident smile, "if we cause enough chaos they might just turn tail and-- Wh-what's that?!" Being directed to look up at the town hall's tallest tower, a figure could be seen standing at the base of the spire. Jumping to the ground, the figure landed with a thunderous stomp. The ground around it crumbled as the shock erupted under their feet. The new digimon's form distorted itself as if it was an image on a television experiencing static. Still, it glared at the three beings with a confident smirk as it raised its cleaver to point at them. It seemed humanoid, but parts of it also resembled something like a reptile. Artemis stared back grimly. "Brace yourselves, that's a Dinohumon: a Champion digimon."

(a quick part with Bakura and Gil because I have permission :b)
Gil carefully sniffed the air as he tried to scan the room. It was so dark that it was difficult to see much of anything that wasn't a few feet away. "Gil, what's with you?" Bakura asked as he tried to sit up. Both the pain and Gil's arm pushed him back to the ground.

"Bakuramon, I smell something," Gil warned, still in search.

"No bull****? Is it Dontae's bunny-thing trying to play peekaboo or something?" Bakura asked.

"No, it smells much different than Artemis; something corrupted," Gil admitted. Bakura gritted his teeth at the mention of a corrupt. He could hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Was that Dontae and Artemis? Or maybe a trick being played on them by the corrupt in the building. Either way, he wasn't going to give up without raising some kind of hell for it.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Paopao

Following Dontae's directions, the large dog hurried inside the large building. She growled and sniffed. There was a monster in the building. Well to be precise, there was another one. Did they ever end? With a shake of her large furry head, she hurried on. As much as she was hesitant to alert the corrupted creature, the fact of the matter was that Kit was outside, without her protection. Yes, her, specifically her. She had very little trust in Dontae. He and his partner smelled incredibly off and wrong to her... and it wasn't just the smell of sweat either. He was a threat somehow.

If he was too close to Kit, well... either that rabbit would need a new human or there would need to be a new precious tamer pair. Either way, that was her decision and she would face Kit's wrath if it came to it.

"Hello, is there an injured pair around?" It wasn't the nicest turn of phrase, but Paopao had a task to do and quite frankly, other humans and Digimon didn't have to be a part of it. "Please hurry up, outside it is quite dire and we'd like to get people to safety before there isn't any.

Kit

Kit looked slowly at Dontae. Was this a guy thing? It had taken ages for Jake to teach her how to fight, and even longer for Lolo to get off his butt and show her how he loaded his gun. Mentally, she sighed as she swung back, striking brutally at the side of the head and then the throat. It coughed and she spun, kicking the small creature into the side of another. At his joke, she cracked a tiny, if not placating, smile. Proving people wrong once in a while wasn't a bad thing.

She wondered how long she could last, how long any of them could, until they just collapsed. Even adrenaline had a stop button.

Then she felt the earth tremble and winced, nearly falling with a twist of her ankle. The reptilian Digimon smirked at them all and Kit winced, turning to face it with a small bit of fear in her face. It was a strong one, this, one with experience... and possibly sanity.

She wasn't even going to mention the cleaver. "Now what..."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Bakura Jinguar: Heedless in New York
Boo friggin' yah! Gil and I are up and running. Screw my injuries! Screw healing! Woohoo! I managed to urge Gil to take me outside. "Fine, only for you Bakuramon." The huge Growlmon stood up and carried me outside.

The scene was utter chaos. "They need a sniper." I was absolutely sure of it. I could find good position in an apartment building and find something to rain hell on the Corrupts. It was foolproof. "Gil, take me to that building over there." I gestured to the building opposite of town hall. He nodded and made his way, getting there in ten easy strides. "Go to the roof." He nodded yet again. When we got there, we noticed a Corrupt Biyomon trying to get a drop on our new pals in the courtyard. Big mistake buddy.

"Fire Breath!" Gil roasted it like Thanksgiving dinner.

"Good job buddy." I nodded approvingly and noticed a pile of rubble. "Bring that over here." He sat me down on the edge of the roof and placed a large pile of rocks next to me. Then I began to throw them over. "Hell yeah!"

After a little while, Gil carefully sniffed the air as he tried to scan the roof. It was so large that it was difficult to see much of anything. "Gil, what's with you?" I asked as I tried to stand up. Both the pain and Gil's arm pushed me back to the ground.

"Bakuramon, I smell something," Gil warned, still in search.

"No bull****? Is it Dontae's bunny-thing trying to play peekaboo or something?" He was starting to freak me out.

"No, it smells much different than Artemis; something corrupted," Gil admitted. I gritted his teeth at the mention of a corrupt. I could hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Was that Dontae and Artemis? Or maybe a trick being played on them by the corrupt in the building. Either way, I'm not going to give up without raising some kind of hell for it.

KingKaos

Years
The ground began to shake and Kaiba soon noticed that Draco's eyes were burning with rage. "That violent aura I'm sensing from you...what has awakened such rage?!" Kaiba was actually quite afraid of his servant and his violent aura. While he knew that Draco was feisty in battle and he was rebellious against Kaiba being his king but never had he seen Draco in this state. Kaiba continued to state down at his partner but he didn't dare move his hand or body closer in fear he WOS be actually attacked. "Respond to your KING!!!" Draco snapped his head as fast as he could. "Quiet down you annoying King! I sense a very powerful enemy approaching us at this moment. I fear that this won't be any small fish like the corrupted rookies. We are officially tackling the Champion level beast and we are in danger." Draco lowered his claws at Kaiba. "In my land I could scrap with the best of the champion digimon, but they weren't on this level...we may be in danger once we go back outside. We need to go support those people out there. Together we won't get...completely...murdered." Kaiba shook his head. "You have little faith in your king, but that's how I shall overcome this threat. Let us head outside and assist that peasant and his partner. I'll crush this enemy and be one step closer to creating the kingdom worthy of my radiance." Kaiba puts his fist out to give Draco a fist bump. "Come now my servant." Draco acknowledged Kaiba and returned the fist bump. "Let's go destroy this enemy and keep it going for your stupid kingdom." Both of them head out to the stairs of the town hall.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Joint post with Ducklett time! Thanks Ducklett!

Dontae raised his shovel in defense as he tried to size up the new digimon that appeared. Dinohumon, a champion digimon. It was obvious that dealing with this new digimon was going to be difficult. But how would that go? So far they had been ripping through the other corrupted easily, but this one appeared stronger and was wielding actual weapons.

The champion smirked as he pointed his cleaver at the male human. "So you're the little runt causing so much commotion, I take it? I was hoping for something with a little more bite," the Dinohumon sneered. Still, he walked slowly towards the three clustered together and ignored the rocks that struck his body. Artemis stamped her feet, getting ready to fight, but her tamer tentatively stood his ground.

"Happy to disappoint you," Dontae commented. He tightened his grip on his shovel. Perhaps the champion digimon hadn't seen Paopao, so that's why he wasn't focused on Kit. Or maybe he was after him for something else-- Looking down at Kit, the male did his best to address her without much hesitation. "Think you can call for Paopao from here? We'll need as much help as we can get for this one."

Kit glanced at Dontae. She spun a nightstick in one hand. "Well... yeah, I can. Probably... but..." She hesitated to do it. Her face tightened with dismay. "What about your friend? Will he last that long?" She steadied her footing and took a few deep breaths, trying to calm the adrenaline in her blood. If she had too much or it came all of a sudden, it might trip her up. She couldn't risk that with Dontae and Artemis' lives on the line. Not to mention if Carlos saw...

There's not a thing to worry about, she reminded herself. You're a small target and that's a big blade. It can cause a lot of damage, but it's unlikely he's as flexible. I just have to make sure he doesn't hit. She glanced at Dontae. Does he know that? "Artemis," she suddenly said, her voice oddly calm. "Can this guy move all that fast when he's attacking?" She wasn't too worried about him listening and interrupting. The Digimon, if he was as smart as he looked, would already know this. It wouldn't mean he could counter it though. Not that easily against more than one opponent.

"That's difficult to say," Artemis stated bluntly, "Dinohumon aren't normally lithe, but they still have agility. No telling if the corrpution changes that. I should still be quicker as long as I stay on my toes." She seemed uninterested in the specifics; if Dontae had to guess she was focused on keeping the champion digimon away from both of them. That would be disastrous: all three of them trying to gain the digimon's attention at the same time. But that didn't mean he was going to let either of them try and put themselves in danger to protect him. He wasn't the strongest fighter, but he wasn't going to be a coward. He stopped staring into space as he heard a stone smack the metal of his shovel.

"Something tells me that Bakura's behind this shower. He's not dying any time soon," Dontae half-muttered to himself before looking down at his partner, "Artemis, if you can stay a step ahead of him it might be best for you to distract him. At least until Paopao or someone else gets here Kit and I can jump in and out of the fray to chip away at him." He was sure that Gil might have needed more time to rest up, but that giant dinosaur form could come in handy. Digivolution was what it was called, right? Could Artemis do that? So far his own digivice had been really quiet, so he was going to go with "not yet". At this point he was even starting to hope that that weird guy with the crown would come out of the building to help, too.

"So what's it going to be, runt?" Dinohumon asked, reaching over his shoulder for his second cleaver, "Are you going to start it? Or should I just finish it? I'm getting pretty tired of you three whispering over there!"

"He's pretty confident with this; that's worse than the axes," Dontae deadpanned, "As long as Bakura stays still he should be fine; we could probably afford more muscle out here."

Kit raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly. "Got it then." Putting two fingers in her mouth, she let out a high-pitched whistle. Then she knelt carefully. "If we go with your strategy Dontae..., try to watch my back, kay?" She smiled at him and winked. "I can hit a bit rough, but if one of those swords gets me, I'm a goner you know? Your shovel could take a better hit than these" She gestured to her batons. "I'm counting on you guys."

"You," she informed the Dinohumon with a smile. "Talk too much."

Meanwhile, Paopao whipped her head around. She had heard that clear as day. "Kit!" Without hesitation, she bolted down the building steps, rushing back to her partner's side as quickly as physically possible.

The champion digimon gritted its teeth as Kit made her first remark towards him. Bringing his weapon arm closer to his body, he raised the other one and charged for the female human. "Let's see what you have to say with my weapon in your back!" the champion digimon said as he leaped into the air. He proved to be fast, but Dontae trusted that Artemis would be faster.

"Artemis, intercept!" Dontae commanded. Obliging, the Lunamon fired off a Tear Shot. The Dinohumon managed to contort himself in such a way that he avoided the attack, but as he corrected himself in the air the rabbit-digimon closed the distance between her and the champion.

"Too slow!" Artemis taunted as she swung a kick at the Dinohumon's face. It was light, but the blow connected and gave Dontae enough time to swing the flat side of the shovel into its stomach. Landing on the ground, the champion digimon tried to swing a wild blow at the male. He managed to step back in time, and Artemis followed through with her job. "What's wrong? Can't handle two humans and rookie?" She laughed as she hopped off the champion and proceeded to dodge the flurry of swings that came her way. True to her word she was able to scamper, leap and roll out of the way before she was in danger of being hit. It was almost as if she was dancing to the vibes on the battlefield.

"Kit!" Kit paused for only a second to grin. Then she ducked to the ground as Paopao charged, leaping towards Dinohumon with a snarl. She lunged toward the Champion's legs. Kit smiled to herself as Artemis moved, nodding firmly to herself. She stepped back for a few seconds before ducking under a violent swing. Paopao grabbed her by the scruff of her neck and yanked her aside, throwing the girl up on her back without a second thought. Paopao was not a particularly fast individual, but she made up for it by being a ridiculous tank. She let out a particularly fierce howl of Retribark.

Kit hoped that the other two could get out of the way. From watching earlier, Retribark seemed not to discriminate who to hit. "Wait a second Paopao," she murmured gently.

"Kit," she protested as the blade loomed closer. "What are you thinking?"

Lark smiled shyly. "Don't worry. It's going to be okay. Just wait and see. Now go for it!" Paopao lunged forward, leaving Kit to duck into her partner's back, avoiding a painful sword strike. "Phew," she murmured. "Aim for the legs again, kay Paopao?"

The champion stood its ground as the Retribark attack shook the ground. While it didn't seem to do too much, it was enough to stun the Dinohumon for a second. That gave Artemis time to get away and avoid the attack. Dontae also stepped out of the way, but a rogue stone deflected by Paopao's attack smacked the side of his head. The sudden daze and the rumbling earth beneath him was enough to make him falter and land on his back.

"Owowowow... did someone get the plate number off that taxi?" Dontae muttered to himself. He was glad that he recognized that what he said made no sense; a sort of self-check to see if the blow knocked him senseless. He could feel blood drip from his forehead, though. Today was a bad day for his skull.

Artemis giggled as she continued to evade attacks. So far the worst blow was friendly fire. She was worried that her partner was hurt, but as he got back to his feet he seemed fine enough. I can play doctor later! That will be fun! the digimon thought; an extra pep in her movements as she thought about handing out lollipops and applying cute bandages to people.

Kit lunged forward as Dinohumon froze. This was a dangerous move by far. However, she couldn't really depend on Artemis too much. She had to protect Dontae. The girl acknowledged that had to be the absolute top priority. So she dove close to the Dinohumon and stabbed the hilt of a baton towards its jaw. It had tough scales, no doubt about that.

Paopao yowled her dismay. "Kit get away from there!" Her human did not listen for a moment, scrambling to roll to the side. Whether the attack hit or not, she was sure of one thing: he was a swordsman. And he was one who faced forward.

"Stupid girl!" the Dinohumon cursed as Kit's attack hit him in the jaw. Focusing all its rage on the female human, it lunged for her as she tried to get away. Vertically slashing downwards, the sound of metal scraping metal sounded in the air.

"I'm sorry; guess I got in the way," Dontae bantered half-dazed. Standing over Kit, he had braced himself and used the metal part of the shovel to shield himself against the attack. He had put the weight of his body behind the shovel, shoulder pressed against the other side of the metal, to keep himself from being overpowered. As the champion digimon unearthed the blade from the shovel, divided unevenly by the blow, the part not connected to the pole fell to the ground with a hollow clatter. It revealed a rip in the male's coat and some blood flowing from a shallow gash. "... that should be covered by my last tetanus booster."

"Grrr.... you too!!" the dinohumon growled as he kicked Dontae in the chest. Caught off guard, the male staggered back before falling to the ground again. "I'm going to enjoy this kill." Raising the cleaver to the air, the champion digimon prepared to hack into whomever got in the way. Before he could lunge, bubbles began falling from the sky.

"Spiral Cascade!!" came Artemis' voice. Dontae turned his head to see the Lunamon in a high-velocity pirouette. Her four large ears were glowing a deep blue, and from them a full-circle wall of bubbles spiraled into the air before falling around the champion digimon. There had to be thousands of them.

In awe, the male remained stationery on the ground as he watched the attack continue. A few bubbles managed to break from the cycle and land on the champion digimon. When they did, he flinched as they each burst with a pop that sounded like a fire cracker exploding. "An exploding bubble trap...!" Dontae gasped as his mind processed the event taking place.

Lark frowned at him nervously. "I said watch my back, not lose your weapon," she murmured anxiously. "You'd better stay back for now, kay Dontae? Get out of his range as fast as you can. Or you definitely won't make it." She examined the bubble trap curiously, watching them float. She paused, thinking aloud. "Would it hurt that much if they all popped at once, or would it make him angry?" She wasn't sure she wanted to find out.

"Mm... Artemis, how long will that last for?" She was licking her lips, scooting away from the approaching bubbles. It as a good move, but it put both sides at a standstill. After all, if they attacked, they would get hit too.

"Until I run out of energy or I get dizzy..." Artemis stated weakly. By the sound of it she was approaching both fast. Dontae remembered her talking about a third, more exhausting, attack that she had. This certainly looked like it.

What was the best course of action? Blow it up or wait it out? If Artemis got too tired and had to rest their strategy would have to change on the spot. If it wasn't enough to incapacitate the Champion digimon they lost the time to wait for others. Among other possible losses worse than time. What if all the bubbles popped at the same time? Maybe the sound would get someone's attention.

"And if they're popped indirectly-- that could do it! Retribark! Kit, back away with Paopao and have her attack the wall with Retribark!" Dontae instructed hurriedly. At the same time, he himself started to inch away from the shield and towards Artemis. She was a safe enough distance away.

Kit grinned. It was a savage little smile, which, although rare, was good enough for her. "I was hoping you would say that. Paopao!" She scurried back as Paopao let out a loud howl, Retribark echoing across the ground. "Watch your head!" she called to Dontae, dragging her partner back as the sound wave burst.

She grimaced to herself. They seriously needed something stronger. It wasn't that they weren't hurting it, but the trouble was they had to kill it! And... that wasn't working out too great.

Dontae took cover as the Labramon's attack started a chain reaction. The force behind the shockwave pushed the wall of bubbles and disrupted their descent. Becoming unstable, the bubbles started to burst. They collided with the champion digimon's body. A pained roar sounded from the center of the chaos, but it eventually became drowned out by the sound of the thousands of explosive bubbles.

After what felt like minutes of a fireworks show Dontae finally stopped blocking his hears and sat upright. A fine fog of dust surrounded the spot where the Dinohumon stood. There wasn't a trace of hope that that was the end of the champion digimon, but it was at least stunned by the combination attack. Hopefully it was on the ropes.

Artemis gradually slowed down her spin. The glow from her ears dimmed as her body slowed to a stop. Opening her eyes, she saw Dontae feet away from her. Wobbling over to him, he caught her as she slumped into his lap. Her hands trembled as they clung to the male's coat. "Did I get 'em?" the Lunamon asked. Her body quivered as she was lifted into the male's arms.

"You sure taught him a lesson. That was incredible," Dontae said with a small, proud smile. He knew it wasn't enough to finish the champion off, but it was certainly taking it a while to show itself. Whatever happened, it wasn't worth forcing Artemis to exert herself more than she already had. Nodding to herself, the digimon nestled up to Dontae before her body enveloped in a pure white light. Dontae stared in surprise as Artemis' body changed. Instead of her rabbit-like rookie form, as the new light faded she now appeared as some kind of pale-blue raindrop.

"... I'm so tired..." Artemis yawned, her eyes lazily looking up at her tamer. Dontae nodded as he grabbed his broken shovel and got to his feet. He took a few steps away from the dust cloud anticipating Dinohumon. There was no way Artemis could fight like that.

Kit observed this with mild curiosity. "Do you turn into one of those too Paopao?" she said to her dog. The Labramon shook her head. "Oh... so, what do you turn into?" Despite her nonchalance at the moment, Lark's eyes flickered between the dust cloud and them again. She noted Dontae's wounds and Artemis herself. "Are you okay Paopao?"

"For now?" inquired the Digimon rhetorically. "Yes. If you are, always." The white dog turned in the direction of the two on the ground. "Do you want me to...?" She hoped not, she really, truly hoped not.

"Mm..." Lark agreed. Looking down at Dontae, she retied her hat around her neck. "You need to get out of here. Paopao is going to take you guys to the safe place and come back. Don't argue." She spoke these words firmly before Dontae could even start. "You guys did good. The least I can do is get you guys out of here. Those friends of yours... I'll get them that way too. Don't look back, don't come back, and if I don't..." She smiled. "Look for Jake. Please."

Paopao let out a whine as Kit threw the keys into Dontae's hand. "Get on her back. Please."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
That Dinohumon was tearing my buddies up! That's MY ****ing job! "Gil, take me down there!"

"But Bakuram-"

"Do it man!"

"Fine." Persuading Gil to do things wasn't as hard as some people would think. He's a freaking dinosaur! He scooped me into his arms. We had been fighting some corrupt bastards for a while now. I kept chucking rocks into the door way and Gil was breathing fire every now and again to stave off the survvivors. "Only for you." With that he began to plow down the stairs. The rookie corrupts couldn't stop him, no matter how hard they tried. "YOU CAN'T STOP US!" He roared in triumph.

When we reached the bottom floor, he melted the door instead of opening it like any other normal individual. "The **** Gil? How are we gonna pay for that?" It didn't matter. "Take me to that car!" He noticed the truck I was pointing at and took off at full speed, reaching the car in seconds. I opened the door and clambered into the driver's seat, shutting it behind me. "Go see if you can deal with Dinhumon. I'll take care of these other bastards while the others run." Gil nodded and marched off to deal with the other Champion digimon. He would fight him up. Fight him up real good.

I started the car and drove over to Dontae. "You in the mood for some roadkill?" Without hesitating, I pulled into first gear. "Stay for the show. You'll be disappointed if you don't." I slammed my foot down on the gas pedal with a maniac laugh and plowed right into the Corrupt's ranks, scattering them in everywhich direction. I was doing all kinds of tricks: Donuts, fish tails, and I even managed to pop a wheelie in a truck! It was utter chaos. They couldn't do anything to stop me. Off to the left I could see Gil letting off a burst of flame. It torched Dinohumon, but he got back up and swung his cleaver off his back. A mighty swing came at Gil. It was a miracle it didn't take his claws off, as he had used them to deflect it. There were corrupt rookies approaching from behind. They weren't going to pull a fast one. "NO SURVIVORS, MOTHER ****ERS!" I slammed the gas down again and moved straight for the horde.

KingKaos

Years
Kaiba and Draco made their way outside of the town hall. As they were making their way out, they were almost run over by a Growlmon that was carry out its injuries tamer. "More peasants have arrived on the scene it seems. No matter I shall make them pay for almost running me over later. Draco let us join the battle and begin our assault as we create my new kingdom." Kaiba and Draco were outside. As soon as they walked out they noticed an enraged Champion Digimon standing outside. "There seems to have been a long battle waged while we were inside. The damage has been done so lets make up for lost time and help these peasants." Kaiba tapped his feet on the ground. "That's the smartest thing you've said in a while, stupid king Kaiba. But it's time to make up for that lost time and get our share in." Draco pulled out his claws. Both Kaiba and Draco dashed off the stairs in front of the seething Dinohumon. "More Human and Digimon trash are here to hinder me. I shall kill you without..." Before Dinohumon could finish his sentence, Kaiba launched a barrage of kicks to his chest and Draco followed up with a Dragon Claw attack to Dinohumon's face. The Dinohumon was slightly pushed back from the combined attacks. "You've only added to the fury that I'm about to bring on you pieces of TRASH!!!" Dinohumon roared as his aura of rage was string enough to blow both Draco and Kaiba away. Both of them crashed into the stone steps of townhall but Draco used his body to cushion Kaiba's fall. "Thank you my loyal subject." Kaiba said as he coughed up blood, stood up then fell down to his knees. "Shut up, stupid king Kaiba. I only did that so your scrawny human body wouldn't get busted up. So don't go reading too much into it." Draco said as he also started to cough up his blood. Both tamer and partner looked at each other and share a smirk. "Let's bust this loser into the ground." Kaiba and Draco prepared to battle the Dinohumon again with their combination attacks. "TRASH!!!" Dinohumon prepared to attack again with his cleaver. Kaiba and Draco move around the attack and attack both of Dinohumon's sides with a barrage of kicks and Dragon Claws. Dinohumon simply watched as the attacks connected. He was not amused and attempted to blow then away with his rage again. However, Kaiba and Draco moved away from the attack. "We won't be falling for your crap again."

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Puppeteer/Philosopher Joint Post 1

Miles cigarette fell from his mouth when the ghost-like Digimon suddenly unvieled himself. At First Miles assumed he was an enemy, and immediately began to scan the area for anything he could use as a weapon, but before he could even scan half the room he heard a raspy voice yell "DARK CLAW". He immediately looked to Cinni to find the new Digimon destroying an enemy that had flanked Cinni. Miles realised what this situation was and he scanned the area for what he needed to find to confirm his theory. No sooner than his eyes scanned left that he Miles had found his target. A slender girl who looked about as ghostly as her Digimon companion. He watched as Cinni was taking up conversation with the ghost Digimon, and was satisfied that Cinni had come to the same conclusion. Miles made eye contact with the girl, and beckoned her to come over with a wave of his arm. Miles then went back to were his bag was lying, and started to rummage through it.

---

Cinni looked up at his "supposed" saviour. A Bakemon with a seemingly cheerful disposition as he made sure to end his enterance to battle with an almost sing-songy verse "Hooray, hooray! I saved the day! The sick ones are gone, they're sent away!~"

Cinni frowned slightly putting both hands on his hips, his ears flowing in the breeze that was starting to develop "You know it was already boring before I had any help, Did you really think I would be unable to block such undeveloped fighters!"

The ghost seemed entirely unperturbed by Cinni's displeasure, instead floating about in its usual way. But no, but no!~ Whether you can's not the point!~ If the rabble do not challenge, you must challenge yourself!~ You musn't take hits, you musn't block, you must dance, and weave, and leave them in shock!~ Your life wasn't saved, the block could've been made, but if the block had been made, less points would be paid!~

Rosencrantz zipped up right into Cinni's personal space, holding out a clawed hand expectantly. You see, you see?~ If the chosen ones must be tested with a lack of challenge, we make the challenges ourselves.~ If we slouch in our duties and scoff at the weak, then when we attack the strong they will scoff at us in turn.~ Understand?

---

Samantha noticed a boy nearby waving her over, so she immediately rushed forth, her bag swinging about haphazardly as she ran. "Salut! Je m'appelle Samantha, ca ma ce va? Ah, sorry, sorry." The girl shook her head as she came to a stop in front of Miles. "My name's Samantha, are you alright? What's your name? Is the brown rabbit with you?" The questions were offered in rapid succession with hardly any time at all to even consider them, let alone answer them. The girl continued to scold herself. "Sorry, sorry, you're just the first person I have seen yet that was not running away. Are you like me? The rabbit, she is with you, right?"

"He is my partner yes" Miles quickly corrected, without giving Samantha a chance to apologise he continued to answer her questions. "I am one of the Digidestened, His name is Cinni, Mine is Miles. I am fine". His answers were all straight to the point, little to no emotion put across in his words, almost as if he were answering a survey, or something else highly disinteresting. He was hoping that he wouldn't have to encounter anybody else till after his initial plan, but as far as he could tell, he had no choice but to carry on.

"You're not going to like this, but we are going to have to travel through the sewer if we are to survive the incoming infected." He then motioned towards his bag "Are you hungry? We are going to have to eat before we go in there" He then noticed that Cinni was calling to him, talking franticly.

---

Cinni shook the Bakemons hand wordlessly, standing there for an odd amount of seconds, appearing to try to understand what his new found help was trying to get through to him. Cinni's ears drooped and frusteration started to show on his face. He then turned to Miles, Of course Miles would know Cinni thought, he speaks in weird talk just like that ghost." Cinni, now ignoring the Bakemon completely starts running towards Miles. His words jumbling as he was trying to get everything else "MIIILLLESS, There a ghost digimon called a Bakemon and he's trying to help me and give me advice but I don't understand what he's trying to say so you should obviously come over here and explain it to me because I'm fairly sure it might of been impor....wait is that a girl?"

Samantha temporarily balked at Miles' rough, to-the-point answers. However, she didn't stay particularly shocked for long, quickly recomposing herself pretending as though the whole affair didn't bother her. "The sewers?" She asked, tapping her chin in thought. "Tabernac... really? I would much rather risk the hoardes of infected, but if you are thinking it's the safest way..." The girl tugged on her bag and frowned. "Perhaps it is best I make some preparations while eating, non?"

It was then that Cinni came running over, clearly bothered by Rosencrantz's... Rosencrantz-ness. The ghost looked at the Lopmon, showing only the briefest signs of a grin before floating over, looking for all the world confused and concerned.

I do not particularly know what exactly has him so flustered, sir. I was merely speaking to him and congratulating him on his victory. He seemed disappointed with the lack of sport involved, so I tried to offer him some friendly advice so as to make even the trifling battles more exciting. After all, if we are to properly serve you, we should be at the top of our game, yes? But it seems as though your partner is having difficulty grasping what I mean. I'm so sorry.

The delivery, of course, was completely against everything Rosencrantz's mannerisms, personality and attitude dictated. That is to say, the Bakemon spoke completely normally. Samantha could practically see the trollish grin hiding just underneath the Digimon's skin. (Cloth?)

"Ah, oui, I shall leave this matter in your capable hands." Samantha said, smiling cheerfully at her partner before looking over at Miles. "If we are to follow your suggestion I shall need one last thing before we depart. I will be right back in a moment. Au revoir."

The girl ran off into a nearby store before anyone could stop her, for some reason starting to discard her hoodie as she disappeared from sight. About four minutes had passed when a figure emerged from the store. Samantha was now completely covered in a protective suit clearly meant for hazardous materials, unable to be seen at all save for through the clear shield covering the face. She had a backpack on, absolutely stuffed to the brim with - if the few little pine trees and lemons poking out of the pockets were any indication - what was probably every air freshener in the store. "Tre bien! We may go now, monsieur, Rosencrantz, petit lapin."

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Kit

Kit wasn't entirely sure where her place was at the moment. She hesitated to watch the boys charge in. They were being... fools. It had been a long time since that word had entered her vocabulary. She shook her head. Could these people... really cause a miracle? Could they? Not without dying. They weren't all together as it was and... they weren't even coordinated. What a mess, she thought to herself, facepalming just a tiny bit.

"Hey!" She raised her voice, making sure the two reckless fools fighting Dinohumon and blasting through cars could hear her. "Are you two really okay with this? You aren't doing anything!" She held up a nightstick, glowering at the opponent waiting for them? "Making this big show of doing damage and puffing out your chests, but he's not hurt is he?"

Dinohumon turned to look at her, seeming to smirk a little. "Are you saying you can damage me?"

Kit shrugged. "I'm saying they can't." The words were pure Carlos trash, and she knew it. However, if these two insisted on fighting, which she bet they would because they were looking to be just that reckless and ridiculous. "Or if they could, they ought to do it soon." Without hesitating, she stepped forward and bolted.

"What arrogant words you have there," murmured the opponent. "Care to back them up?" He ran towards her and she ducked, rolling to the side and springing up again. The second cleaver swung downward and she thrust herself forward, stabbing the Digimon in the midsection. It coughed,but little more. She crawled under and swung toward its back.

"Dontae," she called. "Either convince them to help together or get them out!" Because clearly their one combo had worked much better.

Paopao growled softly and crouched. Kit had told her to take them away, but there she was, fighting a swordsman by herself. What was she supposed to do?

KingKaos

Years
"Alright, stupid king Kaiba, I actually have a plan to move this battle into our favor. It seems that physical attacks have no effect on his body. With that being said, it's time I used one of my special attacks to turn the tide of this battle." "What brilliant thinking. I wouldn't expect less from my loyal subject." "Cut that crap! We need to strike him before he erupts and nearly kills us again. In order for me to get a good shot, I'm going to need you to lure his anger and attention towards you. This guy is a champion level Digimon and because of that I don't expect him to be prepared for any attacks we throw at him. That's why I need you to keep him completely focused on you. Is that something your majesty can handle?" Kaiba simply patted Draco on the head. "As I told you earlier, I am a king that will always fight alongside his loyal subjects on the battlefield. If that means following some orders every now and then, that's fine with me. Just always remember who wears the crown in this relationship, servant." Draco simply smirked back at Kaiba. "Enough talk...come back alive after 5 minutes of holding his attention. Also don't get hit by my attack or you will possibly die with him. Understood?" Kabia lifts his head off of Draco's head and dashes towards Dinohumon again. "You pieces of trash have been a pain in my ass for quite too long. I'll chop you all to..." Before he could finish, Kaiba launched a missile drop kick into Dinohumon's mouth. "Learn your place, peasant." Kaiba lifted his leg and delivered a heel drop to the shoulder of Dinohumon, which disarmed him of one of his knives. "Damn you, scum!!! Now die! Lizard Dance!" With his other knives, Dinohumon attacked with a series of quick and powerful slices from the smaller knives. Kaiba was only able to duck and weave in hopes of not being sliced to pieces. He was struck with actual fear as Dinohumon continued to twirl around the battlefield like a hurricane of metal and death. With each slice getting closer and closer to slicing Kaiba in shreds. Dinohumon eventually stopped his attack, but at that point, Kaiba had multiple cuts and slices over his body. His outfit and face were dripping with blood. However, Kaiba still stood up and laughed at the Dinohumon. "Even a peasant's temper tantrum can't keep the great King Kaiba down. Now prepare for my..." But before Kaiba could finish he lost the strength in his legs and fell onto his back. Dinohumon chuckled at the fallen King. "Guess trash can only speak trash language and can't back it up. Bwah ha ha ha! Let me end your miserable life." Just as Dinohumon was moving closer he noticed Draco in the background aiming at him. "That stupid king actually is good for something afterall. Now here feel my wrath!!! Metal Cannon!" Draco proceeded to fires an iron sphere from his mouth towards Dinohumon's lifted arm about to strike down Kaiba. The sphere destroyed and ripped off Dinohumon's arm completely. "Guess that loyal subject is good for something afterall." Kaiba laughed as he rose to his feet. Dinohumon simply screamed in anger. "Looks like you've been disarmed, loud mouth Champion. If you lost your arm to 'trash' what does that make you?" Draco said mocking the champion digimon. "Hey stupid king, leave the rest of the battle to me and rest on those stairs. You don't to die to any digimon's claws but mine." Kaiba nodded to Draco and patted him on the head. "A king like myself shall never leave his subject to fight alone. If I am to die on the battlefield with honor then that is the death I shall take part in!" Kaiba and Draco prepared for yet another attack from the now one-armed Dinohumon.

Back