• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MegaDex [Thread Version 2.0]

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
I agree and like the change Fuzzy. And it does look more threatening, however the tails are still too small on the later evolutions, and still make the pokémon look a bit off.

Thankies. I still plan on editing the fire tails, so don't worry. ;D

Lumigen = bloody Meramon. :P

Surely you could say something more than that. =\

Yikes! Creepy spider! O_o
But anyhoo, very well made Fakemon. Some of them looked a bit anorexic, and could probably use a bit more mass to them. ^_^
But all in all, your sprites look good.

Which ones do you feel look anorexic? I know Gozenk is extremely skinny, but it is based off of a Gazelle-like apprearance, so it's supposed to be skinny. Thanks for the compliments though, I appreciate it. ^-^

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Loving the goat Pokemon my friend :D.

Haha, thanks man. XD

Great work :)
Keep it up :)
Awesome

Thanks a lot. I'll certainly try. ^-^

And...

TitleBanner1YrAnniversary.png

Yep, this thread is officially one year old now. XD I'd like to thank everyone who has continued to support me in this project for the past almost 2 years now. Everyone's positive feedback makes the countless hours of work I put into the project all worth it. I can assure you that you can expect a lot more new material in the future as well. Again...thanks. ^-^

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
WoW... It's been that much already? Nice job man, you sure do stick on something :p

Sure has. ^-^ Thanks again, DP.

[Update!!] Phew. I was desperately in need of an update, that's for sure. So here it is. This is a new Grass/Flying type I've named Quadata. Despite having tiny wings, Quadata uses its long, slender legs to run at extremely high speeds and then launch itself into the air. The leaf on its' head will also move and act as a rotor to help it fly.

V2-Quadata.png

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
It reminds me of a "monster" I saw today in "Billy and Mandy". XD
Anyhow, I think that the leave needs a bit less of the black outline and the eyes do look a bit too cartoonish...

But it looks great! Nice idea and the bill looks almost real!

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thanks for the comment once again, DP. Billy & Mandy, eh? I've never heard of it. =X

I see what you mean about the eyes looking too cartoon-ish though. I might try editing them when I get a chance. I'll be sure to add more green into the leaf's outline then, too.

[Update!!] I'm desperately in need of more 3 evolution lines, so here's another. This is the final evolution to Losko and Loskill; Loskrush. With the final evolution, this species picks up the Steel type on top of its' Normal type. I'm still considering replacing the Normal type with the Dark type, but we'll see about that. As you can see from the sprite, Loskrush's bottom jaw is completely made out of steel, which allows it to crush just about anything. Hence the name "Loskrush". Ball bearings in its joints also allow Loskrush to move much quicker than its first two evolutions.

V2-Losko.png
V2-Loskill.png
V2-Loskrush.png

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Loskrush is looking good. It looks radically different from Losko, yet retains a sense of familiarity with it. However, I would say the shading on his arm looks.... weird. D:
And also, I believe you should alter the colour scheme slightly, to distinguish a BIT more from Loskill. Good job though! :3

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Loskrush is looking good. It looks radically different from Losko, yet retains a sense of familiarity with it. However, I would say the shading on his arm looks.... weird. D:
And also, I believe you should alter the colour scheme slightly, to distinguish a BIT more from Loskill. Good job though! :3

Yeah, I definitely need to edit the shading on the arms. I'll probably end up editing the color scheme too, so no worries. Thanks for the comment, Jae. XD

Hey do you mind that i made a fan button?
View attachment 37026

Umm...can I ask what the point is? You aren't even using it, anyway. I'd really appreciate it if you would have asked me before doing that. =\

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Very nice!

I love Losko! It's so koot! *hugs*

Hehe, thanks Teresa. Losko's one of my personal favorites as well. ;D

[Update!!] Here's one of the many re-sprites that need done in the MegaDex. This is the new and improved, completely re-designed version of Frostile. Looks much more like a legendary, in my opinion anyway. I've posted the old and new version below for comparison. Hope everyone likes the change! ^-^

FrostileComparison.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Yeah, the sprite definitely looks more 'legendary', good work. The other one needed to be fixed up anyways XD

So yeah ...

Is it just me, or are the back legs shorter than the front ones? Especially it's left leg o.o
Moreover, it's neck seems separate to the body. I think it might have something to do with that beard :<
In addition, the eyes could look better - try copying those of an Areodactyl sprite, cause I think they're what you are aiming for.
Also, why did you use different colours for the neck and the body? And speaking of which, I don't like how far down the highlighted part of the body is.

So yeah ;D

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Yeah, the sprite definitely looks more 'legendary', good work. The other one needed to be fixed up anyways XD

So yeah ...

Is it just me, or are the back legs shorter than the front ones? Especially it's left leg o.o
Moreover, it's neck seems separate to the body. I think it might have something to do with that beard :<
In addition, the eyes could look better - try copying those of an Areodactyl sprite, cause I think they're what you are aiming for.
Also, why did you use different colours for the neck and the body? And speaking of which, I don't like how far down the highlighted part of the body is.

So yeah ;D

Thanks but uhh...sheesh. Picky, picky. o.O

As far as the coloring goes, not quite sure how I botched up the colors there. Anywho, that's fixed up. I also took out a few pixels so the body looks more connected to the neck. The front legs are indeed longer than the back legs, but I didn't know there was a law against that. And the back left leg looks smaller than the right because it's farther away. =\

I'm not going to change the eye at the moment. I wasn't really going for an "Aerodactyl" look, but I'll take a look at some sprites of him later on to see what you were trying to get at there. But yeah...not on my list of priorities of things to fix up right now.

I don't understand your last comment, so you'll have to try to elaborate a little more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Yes I am XD;

Anywho, if you're fine with the legs then no worries. I guess I ain't used to really seeing perspective in sprites :<

Fair enough.

ummm ... well you see, it seems to me that the light is shining directly upon the side of Frostile due to the way you have shaded it :>

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Hmm...I'll have to hit you up on MSN later on to talk about specifics on that. Thanks for all the help though, Ray. Hope I didn't come off short-tempered in that last post. XD I really appreciate it! ^-^

Comments from others on the re-sprite of Frostile are greatly appreciated, too! ;D

V2-Frostile.png

[Update!!] Another re-sprite that desperately needed done. The companion legendary to Frostile; Plataia. I completely re-designed him, although he's still the same Ground/Dragon type. I had a heck of a time getting the anatomy right on this guy, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome. As always...comments and criticism appreciated. ^-^

V2-Plataia.png

[Update!!] This is the first in a new set of very tentative Legendaries. I've got a few different ideas of where to go with this set though, so we'll see how it ends up. I'll release this now, and should have the companion to go along with him tomorrow. Anywho...as you can see this is a Fire typed creature, named Helioso (Obviously after the Greek God of Sun; Helios).

V2-Helioso.png

Man...I've really been getting a lot done lately. o.O Here's another...

[Update!!] This is the third and final evolution to Telehop and Telehare; Tilabit. This third evolution will be one of the strongest Psychic creatures in the MegaDex, with the exception of Legendaries. Its' powers are so strong that it will leave a powdery silver trail behind it when hopping along from its tail. If eaten, the powder can actually make humans hover off the ground for several seconds.

V2-Tilabit.png

I still hope to release Helioso's companion later in the night. Keep your eyes peeled for that. ;D

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
I apoligize for the double post here, but Ray or Siggy...could one of you please lock this thread? Sadly, I won't be updating the MegaDex at this forum anymore. Thanks in advance~

- Fuzzy

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
heh, you should know by now that you're allowed to double post for updates XD

Anywho, it's a shame that you'd like this thread closed, but I guess you weren't getting what you wanted from here aye?

Oh well, good luck with your future progress in the dex, and hopefully your spriting skills develop further.

`tis closed-

Back