• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long can you chew a piece of gum?

How long can you chew a piece of gum?

• Total voters

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
Sooo, how long can you chew a piece of gum?
Do you chew it for hours (ew) or do you just chew it until all its sugary goodness is gone? :3

For me, the longest I've chewed it was about 50-60 minutes. How about you guys?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
As far as I can remember, about 5 hours. But then it started tasting like paper.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
Like 2-5 minutes at most, gum tends to make me feel naucious and I only chew it to freshen my breath a bit after lunch. I wish I could chew gum longer, my friends get mad at me for wasting their gum :(

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I chew as long as it tastes good or until I remember that I need a new piece. That could be anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hours. =P

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I've chewed a piece of gum all day and fell asleep with it in my mouth.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
Years
The majority of the day, if not until I go to sleep. I like chewing gum, and when the taste is gone, I'm left chewing by addiction. (especially if bubbles are able to be made)

or I only chew it for the day because I might not be able to get another piece again. Either way.

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
I chew a peice of gum for an entire day XD (Sometimes even longer when I don't sleep, I only throw it away when I go to bed XD)

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
For me it sort of depends on how long the flavor lasts. If the flavor lasts long, then I can chew it for a long time, but if it lasts shortly, then I only chew it for a while.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
About 6-10 minutes. I don't keep it for long, not after all the juicy thing is finished...

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
Years
I don't chew them for that long. I'll chew it a little bit longer than when the taste is gone but after that I throw it out. D; It gets a really sick taste in my mouth that I can't stand if I chew it for a long time.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
Years
I actually chew gum for a really long time, especially if it's not mint. =D
This thread made me pop in 3 pieces of pina colada gum XD
I usually chew until I finally notice the stale, papery taste coming from the gum. Then I'm disgusted and can't chew it no more.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I'm not really a hardcore gum chewer (lol, neither a Gumshoer XD), I only tend to chew on gum for about 10-20 minutes and it's to the trash. I tend to swallow my gum if it is still sugary.

I need to chew gum a lot longer. Chewing on things usually enhances my memory, but since I follow the rules on gum very strictly, I only have the string on my jacket to chew from. I never knew what it felt to be caught with gum, and I'm not planning to get caught anytime soon.

I wonder what's with the irony that they punish you for chewing gum but not strings? ?:|

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
lol I'm too lazy to get up during school and spit out my gum (and am too polite and mannered to stick it under the desk), so I usually just pop another piece of gum along with the old one to spice up the taste a little. I usually get up to about four pieces until I finally spit it all out.

I've chewed gum all day long before without even realizing it at all. Usually when I'm out for the day or something. It's impossible for me to chew gum all day long at school because of lunch and band.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
For as long as there is no bin to put it in; if there is one, I'll be done in thirty minutes.
Though that's when I'll bin it on my own accord, I could chew it for a few hours if I wanted.

Back